View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Warmane, admit your honest mistake about this change and remove it. This is a disaster and the longer you leave mercenary mode untouched the more damage it will do to the pvp community. Plenty of dedicated horde pvpers already switched to alliance because of this, making the alliance pvp scene even more populated than it currently is. This will do real harm in the long run. Matches are literally once sided butcherfests between Icecrown alliance and Blackrock freshies as you'd expect when bis pvpers with plenty of experience get matched with 5.5k freshies that are playing the class/spec for the very first times.
    Solution could be that Blackrock players could only queue with themselves, as the server's alliance population is understandably a lot more crowded than horde population. This fact added with crossrealms made the alliance queue longer than it was before crossrealm and created this ''outcry'' of shortened queues for alliance side. (There was an outcry to it before, but not as big). Just admit the mistake and revert to what it used to be; Blackrock BGs were factionless and Blackrock players only.

Screenshots of an IOC match. If you ever played pvp on Icecrown you know some names. You can only imagine the result with such a matchup. And this happens 9/10 matches.
    https://gyazo.com/0c0badf2b4be8ed0a9e52a74e6bcf6fe
    https://gyazo.com/99b89e9eb289f52ee69d5bf2ba0f2bd6

2. Bro, you are alliance, that's why you don't complain, show me that horde win rate the past 24 hours please
    I've done 2 BG's fast - 1 IOC that the horde did lose,but the game was close and 1 AB that hordes did win easy.Proof:

This difference in stats isnt that big - you can feel it only in arenas and maybe in duels.Lets not forget that you can dance between pve/pvp items depending on the situation,so from my point of view only crybabyes are complaining.They will complain even if they play vs bots or afk players.Also if your claim was true why is then OD winning in most of the GvG?

This game wasnt designed to be fair/balanced(maybe in the 1st few patches yes,but with the ICC hc gear release everything changed).In balanced/fair game everyone will have to play with equal gear/skills,but to be honest, the diversity in games is what is making them interesting and fun to play.If you dont like this game then go play Chess

P.p:I will do tommorow few more games to prove you how wrong you are.GN

3. You literally showed me 1 screenshot of 1 bg won.

I've lost 23 and won 2 as horde.
    We all know that the game can't be balanced.
    But it can't be 99% win rate for alliance too, **** that

4. If Warmane's numbers support the complaints in this thread, then they can just start giving priority to the better-geared Blackrock players to play as horde. If they do that, problem solved.

5. So far as Horde won 7 out of 26 BGs... I think BGs would be more fun if you mix in the race that is op(humans) in WotLK. PvP games are constantly balanced so no one thing remains op forever. So for the sake of balancing both sides in a BG get some of that op human racial on both sides of a BG. Or those who are really into PvP will be forced to play Alliance due to that op Human racial, not sure if that is a good thing.

6. This game wasnt designed to be fair/balanced(maybe in the 1st few patches yes,but with the ICC hc gear release everything changed).In balanced/fair game everyone will have to play with equal gear/skills,but to be honest, the diversity in games is what is making them interesting and fun to play.If you dont like this game then go play Chess
    You are missing the point, aren't you? If you read the first post of this thread you can easily understand what are (or at least, seem to be) the goals Warmane is trying to achieve introducing the Mercenary Mode. Quoting the very first lines written by Proterean:

Greetings Warmane players,

With the notion of cross-realm being active, the issue of faction imbalance is brought again on the table.
    If they really want to achieve a more balanced battleground win/loose ratio between the two factions they should, in my opinion, extend the Mercenary mode to Icecrown and Lordaeron, which it seems to be what they have planned in the first place but, as we all know by reading the previous pages of this thread, many alliance players came here to complain, saying they would never play again if they were forced to join the Horde side. There is huge gear gap between the realms and we both know gear matters a lot in pvp:

This game wasnt designed to be fair/balanced(maybe in the 1st few patches yes,but with the ICC hc gear release everything changed)
    So, if you want a more balanced battleground scene you don't fill the Horde side with players wearing relentless/toc hc gear and let them face players wearing wrathfull/icc hc/rs hc gear, do you? Of course, not every player from Blackrock is a starter and not every player from Icecrown is full geared; I'm comparing the average. But if you don't trust me (or any other player writing on this thread) you can try by yourself: Blackrock realm is there and you can create a new toon in less than a minute (just talk to the "Pick a spec" npc). Start to farm honor for your wrathfull/icc norm off sets and come back here.
    Meanawhile I will be playing Chess. #sarcasm

In the end, it's up to Warmane. If they just wanted faster battleground queues, they achieved their goal. If they really wanted a more balanced bg scene, I'm afraid they have not.

7. Not a huge fan of this solution, most of the people queuing on BG-s on Blackrock are undergeared and underskilled, making Alliance adventage situation even worse. And not quite sure if this change affected BG queue times at all.

8. If they really want to achieve a more balanced battleground win/loose ratio between the two factions they should, in my opinion, extend the Mercenary mode to Icecrown and Lordaeron, which it seems to be what they have planned in the first place but, as we all know by reading the previous pages of this thread, many alliance players came here to complain, saying they would never play again if they were forced to join the Horde side.
    Warmanes initial plan was a same-faction mercenary mode which means that alliance wouldn't been matched together with horde players in the same team.
    Consequently that mode wouldn't have increased the horde win rate at all.
    If anything it would have made the situation for the horde even worse.

What we have right now on Blackrock is a cross-faction mercenary mode. Allys are matched together with horde players in the same team.

I see only two solutions that would make BGs more balanced:
    1. Implement cross-faction MM on all realms.
    2. Buff the stats of the PvP trinket (which would indirectly nerf the human racial).

1) Cross-faction MM on all realms would make BGs far more balanced because BiS geared humans from Icecrown could be placed on either sides in a BG.
    It would make it possible to implement additional BG brackets such as a high gear BG bracket from 6 - 7k GS.
    The downside is that every dedicated PvPer would roll alliance so there would be a huge faction disbalance when it comes to Wpvp or WG.

2) I like the idea of a buffed PvP trinket more because it fixes the root of all the disbalance problems in PvP: The vastly superior human racial.
    The amount of resilience on the PvP trinket could be increased or additional gem sockets could be added to it so ppl can customise their stats.
    A buffed PvP trinket would make horde races more viable in competetive PvP and consequently many BiS geared humans would migrate over to the horde side.
    The downside would obviously be that such a trinket would be a custom item.
    Another issue is that classes that can't even be a human would receive a buff with such a custom trinket.
    I think specs like Enh shami or boomkin absolutly deserve such a buff but I'm not sure about MM hunter or ele shami.
    A possible solution would be to make that buffed pvp trinket class restricted.

9. You literally showed me 1 screenshot of 1 bg won.

I can see now how hard is hordes life and why everyone is complaining(8 games - 2 loses/6 wins).Probably im lucky with the queue or there is another reason?

I dont mind playing as horde from time to time(mercenary mode for everyone) - thats fair.For the custom changes im against them - Warmane is trying to be blizzlike and most of the players are playing here because of this.
    P.p:Stop complaining and enjoy the game.Good luck and cya in game

10. Bosanov, you made your point, you are very lucky, please don't try to ruin what we are trying to do here.
    If you are happy with your win/rate, good for you.

Now, let us complain and stop trying to gather proof that this change was good, because it was terrible.

Thanks for the screenshots tho.

11. Now, let us complain and stop trying to gather proof that this change was good, because it was terrible.
    To me, it was the best change Warmane ever made. So I guess it's a matter of opinion, huh?

12. i harshly criticised warmane for MM because it made blackrock alliance players lose more and made it hard for them to farm honor but now i don't know if things changed recently or i look at it more objectively, anyway i don't get bad results with horde and its acceptable. given the fact that q times decreased drastically now i can say the project was a success. so thank you warmane.

13. Bosanov, you made your point, you are very lucky, please don't try to ruin what we are trying to do here.
    If you are happy with your win/rate, good for you.

Now, let us complain and stop trying to gather proof that this change was good, because it was terrible.

Thanks for the screenshots tho.
    Sorry , for me aswell its good and i wont support what u're trying to change. Bg are balanced for the most of them and i like this new change

Thanks warmane and dont change anything.

14. So you guys post random screenshots of won BGs on your horde alts and that should prove that BGs are balanced?
    I recommend that you just log back to your BiS geared human mains and enjoy the 70% win rate on the ally side.

15. Every single person happy with this change, has an ally main char.

If you ONLY play bg's as horde, you can't be happy.

Well you can pretend to be happy about it so you screw even more this topic.

As horde I should have the right to win atleast 1 AV, instead all my AV games are spent on the graveyard being spawn farmed by bis icecrown ally players, while my blackrock friends with no habilities on the bars just /afk, like many people are saying.

Only people saying this is a good change : Either ally, or secretly ally, you wont change my mind.

for pvp to be enjoyable I should not need to create premades every BG.

First ... 31394041424351 ... Last