View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Queues for alliance are back to 7+ mins without Blackrock in the pool
    They will crossrealm TBC horde to Icecrown horde to reduce alliance que, don't worry.

2. How about Black rock players dont get included to ccross realm? How about Blackrock is left alone away from Icc and Lord, Blackrock is a fun server for testing classes, and pvp oly, it shouldnt be parred in the same category with Icc and Lord, it doesnt work, admit it.

3. And the pvp was destroyed ! Thanks Warmane!

4. Seriously, either make merc system available for all realms (as suggested by the title of the thread), make blackrock extempt from this thing or close blackrock and merge it with icecrown - alternatively increase honor gain for blackrock 4 times at least. Currently an average BG against bis icecrown nets 1000 honor and lasts 10 minutes, 50.000 honor is needed for a single trinket - 500 minutes of utterly boring afking (basically) nets a single item, and there are lots of items. There is no point to this (and I can not imagine icecrown alliance enjoying this mindless farm either - when ally had similar advantage on Lordaeron, I transferred to horde as did many others).

5. Some days has passed...
    Still didn't get why Blackrock joined the batlegroup...

6. Some days has passed...
    Still didn't get why Blackrock joined the batlegroup...
    Because Icecrown alliance battleground queues were 15 mins+ before they joined it and are very reasonable now. Get it now?

7. Because Icecrown alliance battleground queues were 15 mins+ before they joined it and are very reasonable now. Get it now?
    And now we have Icecrown vs Blackrock basically... Solved by giving ally bis geared players more ungeared people for "honor farming", yey...
    Opening temp free A>H transfering would be better actually, just like in tbc realm. Could not make much headway, but at least we wouldn't have this nonsense...

8. And now we have Icecrown vs Blackrock basically... Solved by giving ally bis geared players more ungeared people for "honor farming", yey...
    Opening temp free A>H transfering would be better actually, just like in tbc realm. Could not make much headway, but at least we wouldn't have this nonsense...
    I think the current system could be improved by improving the quality of the Blackrock players who serve as mercenaries (e.g. only send the better geared ones). But when you look at how many Blackrock guys are having to be mercenaries, it's clear that there would be a HUGE problem if mercenary mode went away.

Maybe not a huge problem for horde who don't care one bit whether alliance players sit in queue for 30 minutes, but a problem for Warmane.

9. I like the mercenary mode system overall, but it does seem that horde/mercenary can use a bit of a buff. So why not add, say, 5-10% to the stats of everyone who serves as a mercenary from blackrock? If you can make mercenary humans look like undead, I assume that giving them a bit more stats would be easy enough.

10. shouldnt warmane have some statistics on bgs won on each faction since the merc system for blackrock was impemented?
    we are argueing with each other, while the server should have the statistics to base ourselves on.
    else its pure experience commenting...which leads nowhere.

11. anyways , if this is actually a failed experiment for the community entirely, then i rather have the mercenary mode on all realms than going back to 10 minute queue on alliance.

12. ok so ive done some intense horde playing on icecrown. and yes, there is about 70%+ of lose ratio on the horde faction. so yeah, i understand the complaints now.
    ive seen that the situation is not only gear based, its also that not many blackrock players join bgs as teams, which leaves whatever opposite team they face in an advantage from the get-go. in this case, the alliance has the upper hand.
    that plus the fact that warmane implemented a sort of GS algorithm for BG matchups, ends up putting the situation in a worse scenario, since blackrock are above 5.6, alliance goes all the way from there to 6.7.
    so i have to say, the current situation is not fair for both factions. it only solved the issue from the alliance perspective, which was reducing the queue times. but horde is now in a very weak place since the blackrock-mercenary feature.

again...it would be better to have actual server numbers, but i dont know if we will have them. but ive played today like 3 hours of alliance and 3 hours of horde, and its 80-20% win ratio for alliance.

13. ok so ive done some intense horde playing on icecrown. and yes, there is about 70%+ of lose ratio on the horde faction. so yeah, i understand the complaints now.
    ive seen that the situation is not only gear based, its also that not many blackrock players join bgs as teams, which leaves whatever opposite team they face in an advantage from the get-go. in this case, the alliance has the upper hand.
    that plus the fact that warmane implemented a sort of GS algorithm for BG matchups, ends up putting the situation in a worse scenario, since blackrock are above 5.6, alliance goes all the way from there to 6.7.
    so i have to say, the current situation is not fair for both factions. it only solved the issue from the alliance perspective, which was reducing the queue times. but horde is now in a very weak place since the blackrock-mercenary feature.

again...it would be better to have actual server numbers, but i dont know if we will have them. but ive played today like 3 hours of alliance and 3 hours of horde, and its 80-20% win ratio for alliance.
    Plus you are destroying the roleplay side of the game by doing that, nothing personal but I always been a horde player I don't want play alongside a ''mercenary'' ally

14. ok so ive done some intense horde playing on icecrown. and yes, there is about 70%+ of lose ratio on the horde faction. so yeah, i understand the complaints now.
    Big credsits to you for not faking "investigation" and accepting the real situation.

15. From 3 days of straightque as solo horde it seems like it's not about a gear but raid composition.
    Alliance is always full of million shadowmournes meanwhile blackrock is more about casters (tons of frost mages, fire mages, boomkins, priests).
    So for alliance its way eastier to fight when you have a wall of geared platers (especially paladins) under and army of healers (much more due to EMFH/Shadowmeld)

When horde has the same amount of meeles and healers, games are not totally dominayed by one side and can be contested (usually alliance wins due to gear).

Standart raid composition for 40 man last few days looks like this:
    https://i.imgur.com/CuyOST5.jpg

First ... 37454647484957 ... Last