View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. May 8, 2019  
    Such nonsense.
    The arena players on Blackrock play far better than on the other realms.
    i'm sorry but this isn't true

it's a funserver

that automatically rebukes any anecdotal defense you may have about people cc'ing better or knowing their class better

blackrock belongs on blackrock. if the queues are dying that's malaco's problem. leave the instant 80 relentless geared ppl out of icecrown.

2. May 8, 2019  
    i'm sorry but this isn't true

it's a funserver

that automatically rebukes any anecdotal defense you may have about people cc'ing better or knowing their class better
    Ehm no.
    Just because it's instant 80 with free starter gear it doesn't mean that they don't have any skilled players
    In fact Blackrock has the most skilled arena scene of entire WoW. There is no private server with a equally competitive arena ladder and pvp on retail nowadays is a joke.
    If Blackrock, where many things are free, should be connected to realms where you have to grind for gear is another story.

3. May 8, 2019  
    Ehm no.
    Just because it's instant 80 with free starter gear it doesn't mean that they don't have any skilled players
    In fact Blackrock has the most skilled arena scene of entire WoW. There is no private server with a equally competitive arena ladder and pvp on retail nowadays is a joke.
    If Blackrock, where many things are free, should be connected to realms where you have to grind for gear is another story.
    blackrock has the ONLY arena scene lmao

and the most gcd hackers

and russians

keep blackrock out of icecrown queues

4. May 9, 2019  

and the most gcd hackers

and russians

Such comments make it really hard to have a constructive discussion.
    Do you really want to turn this thread into a Blackrock vs Icecrown flame war?

5. May 9, 2019  

and the most gcd hackers

and russians

I wish lordaeron was on it's own. I don't care about queue times. I care about fair PvP where the folks here have actually earned their stuff.

6. May 9, 2019  

7. May 9, 2019  

8. May 10, 2019  
    This is my vision to make BGs perfectly balanced:

1) Implement cross-faction BGs. Horde can fight on the alliance side and alliance on the horde side.
    2) Add a third gear bracket for players with 6-7k GS.
    3) Sort BG teams by role. Equal amount of healer, melee and range characters on each side.
    (If a premade enters a BG they will face opponents with same gear and roles.)

When BGs are made faction less all of the mentioned balance measures can be implemented while the queue time is still hold short.

9. May 10, 2019  
    Why the hell they even are trying to balance que time for alliance side ?
    If you picked up the most popular site for better profit you should suffer with longer ques.

1) Implement cross-faction BGs. Horde can fight on the alliance side and alliance on the horde side.
    At least one reason to pick horde for pvp in this case ?

10. May 10, 2019  
    At least one reason to pick horde for pvp in this case ?
    What's the reason to pick horde right now?
    Since the implementation of MM the BG queue time is already short on ally side so the only incentive to pick horde in PvP is already taken away.

11. May 10, 2019  
    Cross-faction BGs would make the situation only better for the horde.
    They could fight side on side with BiS geared Icecrown humans in BGs and that's something that isn't possible with MM.

The only way BGs can be made balanced is when they are faction less. It's not achievable with MM.

12. May 10, 2019  
    Cross-faction BGs would make the situation only better for the horde.
    Once again: why some1 would pick a horde toon for pvp when alliance has vastly superior racials and do not have problems with que anymore ?

Before these crap modes we had:

alliance
    + awesome pvp racials
    - long ques due to high pvp population

horde
    - worse racials compare to alliance
    + fast ques due to low pvp population

13. May 10, 2019  
    Once again: why some1 would pick a horde toon for pvp when alliance has vastly superior racials and do not have problems with que anymore ?
    But that's the thing- with mercenary mode, it's not necessary that people pick horde. Go ahead and bandwagon alliance, the blackrock mercenaries will keep the queues popping. I gather that Warmane's main priority is having as many happy customers as possible, and there are more alliance than horde bgers on Icecrown. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few- you recall they had a poll in which 65% voted for this.

Having said that, there are still reasons to choose horde, mainly having to do with just plain liking horde. Which a lot of guys do. If you consider yourself a die-hard horde, then putting up with the hardships for the sake of your beloved faction gives you bragging rights over being a "real" horde. That aside, horde still has the best bg guild in Old Division. They stomp people in their 10 man premades just as hard as ever.

14. May 10, 2019  
    Once again: The incentive to pick horde for shorter queue times was already taken away with the release of MM.
    If anything cross-faction BGs would increase the incentive to roll horde again because ppl no longer have to be on the alliance side for a high BG win rate.

15. May 10, 2019  
    Before these crap modes we had:

alliance
    + awesome pvp racials
    - long ques due to high pvp population

horde
    - worse racials compare to alliance
    + fast ques due to low pvp population
    I can understand your concern and it was also one of mine but you have to understand that we are already past that.
    MM is implemented.
    The decision to reduce the ally BG queue time for the cost of lowering the incentive to roll horde has already been made by Warmane.
    Instead of questioning changes that already took place we should elaborate solutions to improve the current system.

First ... 242505152535462 ... Last