View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. May 25, 2019  
    Being bound to Blackrocks plebs who make 80% of your team is a worst crap has ever happened with icecrown horde.
    Most of them crap geared, crap specced, bindless and absolutely clueless.

The guy who suggested to throw Blackrock noobs to Icecrown horde to "balance" pvp situation must have 47 chromosomes irl

2. May 25, 2019  
    Revert and free transfer ally horde, there’s no other way
    I expect Warmane has their own scorecard on how this is going, and it may be a different scorecard than a horde player would have.

You might have noticed they aren't even responding to these threads. Maybe they are fine with most of the pvpers being alliance. Maybe they actually like it because they think it helps arena participation.

Who knows? None of us unless and until they post and tell us how they think it's going. Their silence may be taken as an indication that they are fine with how things are now.

3. May 25, 2019  
    I can guarantee you every alliance player likes the shorter queue times. Happy customers usually don't bother to post on the forums. Everyone complaining in this thread seems to be horde.

I wish they would make horde a bit stronger, because I like competitive games and ally is winning too much lately. There are ways to do that and still keep the faster queues for ally.
    shorter queue times yeah but the games are different, bis vs full relentless... its not the same as it was before.. icecrown premade vs icecrown premade they were so good especially alterac valley premades, since the change i have seen 1 quality AV bg in the past month rest of them are just ****.. no offence

4. May 25, 2019  
    Rever this mercenary mode and make an option for icecrown alliance to turn this mode in, so they will be thrown to horde side if they want fast ques.
    this is so much more of a solution, than the current situation. but i dont think they give a **** anymore.
    actually, im gona put 50 cents here that say that we get a new solution after another month or 2 (enough for a lot of people to pay for faction transfers).
    then people can go back to their beloved faction (extra free $$$ from people paying again for their faction transfers). this is such a huge money income. is it moral? nah none of this has a moral component.
    are there ways of making money without losing your moral compass? of ****ing course.

5. May 25, 2019  
    Vampsy, Draeneihunt, Cimemaniac - some of the most active bgers on Icecrown and all back horde after going ally. Doesn't exactly fit the narrative of this thread.
    Basically. You are comparing a guild like Idc gotta farm, in which there are hardly more than 5 active players with Old Divison, a guild with dozens of active players, the only ones who were keeping active the Horde PvP outdoor. First ones are coming back to horde and the second guild is diying and transfering to alliance.

Are you kiding me I guess, if we have to compare, I think that is the Horde who is losing all teir core PvP players.

6. May 26, 2019  
    Basically. You are comparing a guild like Idc gotta farm, in which there are hardly more than 5 active players with Old Divison, a guild with dozens of active players, the only ones who were keeping active the Horde PvP outdoor. First ones are coming back to horde and the second guild is diying and transfering to alliance.
    I'm not comparing the activity level, I'm just wondering why they went back horde. Because swapping to ally and then swapping back to horde is different than just making one faction change- it implies regret about going ally in the first place.

If any of them would like to explain in this thread then they are welcome to do so.

7. May 26, 2019  
    I'm not comparing the activity level, I'm just wondering why they went back horde. Because swapping to ally and then swapping back to horde is different than just making one faction change- it implies regret about going ally in the first place.
    Because for some people farming chanceless noobs is not fun at all.
    When i join alliance and rape blackrock nooibs for 1 AV with a score 500-100 i become deeple bored.
    Then i switch to my horde alt and get farmed by a squad of alliance shadowmourne monkeys carried by 50 healers, meanwhile my team is full of BR noobs.

Games are not fun at all, especially on alliance side, but since most of this community are not challenge seekers, they enjoy mindless HK grind so very few transfer back to horde for at least some challenge, wich is not bearable now due to BR ragtag.

8. May 26, 2019  
    I'm just wondering why they went back horde.
    This doesn't matter, they had their reasons. Maybe the fact that bgs lost any competition or other reasons we won't know. Fact is this doesn't balance anything, they are few players mostly bored of game.
    They reading this don't worry, from a forum administration pov, they are only letting us talk here so all the discussions are concentrated in one place and the potential flame is under control.
    From a gamer point of view, I thank hydrome for the honest post and yes se98f90se you are totally right about BR and also about chromosomes thing. This happens when rules are made from chairman people who doesn't have a single clue about how things are going.
    Or, worst, made on purpose :)

9. May 26, 2019  
    Because for some people farming chanceless noobs is not fun at all.
    Maybe you forgot, but several months ago before all this cross-realm, gear tiers and mercenary mode, those same ppl you are talking about those fearless-want a challenge-pvpers from idc and OD guilds, used to go 10-15 ppl premade and queue specific AVs, farming GYs every day, the whole day. This was one of the reasons the staff thought about a way to change things in the first place.

So why they moved back horde? idk, but want a challenge getting bored farming ppl at GY is not the reason, I think we can be sure of that.

10. May 26, 2019  
    Maybe you forgot, but several months ago before all this cross-realm, gear tiers and mercenary mode, those same ppl you are talking about those fearless-want a challenge-pvpers from idc and OD guilds, used to go 10-15 ppl premade and queue specific AVs, farming GYs every day, the whole day. This was one of the reasons the staff thought about a way to change things in the first place.
    And when they faced premades they were fighting till the end unlike most alliance plebs leaving after first middlemap battle has been lost.

11. May 26, 2019  
    And when they faced premades they were fighting till the end unlike most alliance plebs leaving after first middlemap battle has been lost.
    haha, thats a good one :D

12. May 26, 2019  
    I can say for 100% certain that there are some bgs where Warmane puts in 12k health Icecrown allies along with all the BiS guys on ally. I've seen it happen a few times today. Those bgs are either a lot closer or Ally loses, depending upon how many green guys play for ally.

So this is, in fact, happening, and an obvious solution is to balance the bgs with this mechanism. Yes, I'm sure the 12k health guys don't like being farmed, but it would only be for a small percentage of bgs that any particular low health guys gets put in the high-geare bracket. Plus, sometimes they low-gear guys will get carried and win the bg.

13. May 26, 2019  
    Warmane is fake society see all of of can agknolege that so ignore me im invible go me go !!

14. May 27, 2019  
    Like I said before let me know when you guys switch or put things back like they were before so i can play the game again this is coming from a horde player that was active every day until all of these nonsense to pleasure one community and not other GG

15. May 27, 2019  
    11 min average queue BG :) I'm missing something new? :)

First ... 848565758596068 ... Last