View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Why does the bad posts with stupid ideas get answered by the staff while the once with solid solutions gets ignored and avoided?
    Perhaps learn some proper English first before calling other stuff stupid.
    The idea is great, seeing as alliance has longer queuetimes, this means the Horde is mostly affected by this mercenary mode.
    Removing EMFH will generate less complaints, cause there are less allianceplayers queuing RBG's than there are Hordes. Those alliances that don't do PVP will enjoy having the Orc racial and those donators who moslty opt human, tough luck chumps, you're part of the problem here.

2. Or? am I seeing this wrong? Are there actually more Alliances queueing than Hordes? Wouldn't be surprised. The way it used to be on Horde tho is we were meeting the same alliances all the time in RBGs

3. I bet everyone would like to be heard, even if staff reads what people are writing, many are feeling ignored due to not being responded to.
    A simple "good idea this will be forwarded to discussion with the team" or whatever so people don't post the same ideas over and over again resulting in spam.
    Many people think that Warmane just left this project right here and don't even monitor the outcome.
    Mercy from what I've seen your the most active mod on community forums, so don't feel targeted.

4. Removing EMFH will generate less complaints, cause there are less allianceplayers queuing RBG's than there are Hordes..
    What did you just write? Less alliance queue RBG so people will complain less? Alliance is the Dominant PVP faction, removing their "game breaking" racial would generate "less complaints"?

Perhaps learn some proper English first before calling other stuff stupid.
    Ok lets talk in another language, I know 5 other once fluent.

Those alliances that don't do PVP will enjoy having the Orc racial and those donators who moslty opt human, tough luck chumps, you're part of the problem here
    Way to pull all over one edge.
    The one big thing you fail to se about your idea is that warmane don't want so much custom, Removing an entire ability of a race is pretty big, specially when its a damn good ability too, To try stay "blizzlike" this is one frikken huge step away from it woulden't you say?
    If you read any other comments about solutions do you still think your idea is the best? what about the majority of players who don't want a custom funserver?

5. As much as some people might like that, it's an inelegant solution that would in itself cause problems and complaints.
    If everybody roles human for the only sake of having the strongest pvp racial then isn't that the evidence that faction patriotism does no longer exist in this community?
    With that in mind wouldn't it make sense to make BG completely faction less so BiS geared Icecrown humans can fight together with hordys in BGs. Sort BGs teams by gear and no longer by their faction.
    Balanced BGs > faction patriotism

6. What sort of response would you like me to post? I engage with the posts I have something to say to. The posts that are good, I often don't have much to reply with. Would you like me to quote such posts and say "There it is!"? Would that help anyone? I don't believe that it would. I also believe that it's in the best interest of this thread and discussion that we don't get stuck on complaints about how not everyone gets their posts replied to. Else I may just stop posting entirely.
    Hi Mercy can you just replay and let us know not just me but many of us here are you guys gonna ever get tings with pvp/bgs like they were before every server for it self without cross realm.

Thank you

7. well, honestly just scrap this whole cross server bg stuff, let icecrown and lordaeron be together in bgs because our servers are rather similiar, but blackrock needs to go back to being alone, every bg that happens now as horde we get stuck lets say in wsg 8 out of 10 players are from blackrock and the whole alliance team is full bis icecrown players. Now what im saying is just go back to when it was just lordaeron and icecrown sharing bg's. it will eventually balance itself out when alliance players get sick of waiting 15-20 minutes for a bg and decide well its time to go back to horde. i know alot of people that play alliance now were originally horde and would come back to horde if they got stuck waiting 20 minutes for a bg every time. just get rid of blackrock on cross server battlegrounds and the problem will fix itself.
    But i guess thats just my opinion.

8. or just make it factionless battlegrounds. let humans and orcs be on the same team, the inbalance is so bad now especially for horde that i honestly would not care if i (horde player) was in a bg with some alliance players on my team as well.

9. or just make it factionless battlegrounds. let humans and orcs be on the same team, the inbalance is so bad now especially for horde that i honestly would not care if i (horde player) was in a bg with some alliance players on my team as well.
    Us horde players are already put with Blackrock Allys in a BG team.
    At this point it really wouldn't matter if BGs were made completely faction less. It would just bring more balance to PvP.

10. The solution is simple. Undo this absolute disaster known as mercenary mode. Do SOMETHING (anything - there have been countless intelligent, doable suggestions) to re-balance horde and alliance racial imbalance. Let IC and Lord bg together and leave Bl out of the mix. You say altering the racial would not be "blizz-like". So couple questions for you: How blizz-like is it to allow donations for gear? Hmm? When did blizz ever do that? How blizz-like is it to literally force a Blackrock player to play bgs as his or her opposing faction? That, quite honestly is the most NON blizz-like thing I've ever seen in ANY iteration of this game, retail or private. All it ever would've taken is to re-balance the human racial. Either nerf it, replace it outright with something less OP, or buff the PvP trinket so it would effectively encourage players to not automatically roll alli human to get the double BiS heroic trinket advantage. Make it so alli could play more than just one race, and so that horde aren't at a distinct disadvantage. Then many of the ppl currently playing humans would be encouraged to roll back to horde. THEN you would have balanced numbers and talent on each side, and your silly queue time issue would go away over night. All merc-mode did was help Icecrown allies - who, let's be honest were the LEAST in need of help. And while it shortened their queue times, it made playing horde PvP SERIOUSLY un-fun. Un-winnable. Un-playable. I think you guys might have had good intentions, but you should be able to see by now that this is a total train wreck.

11. Is there a downside to buffing the Undead racial, "Will of the Forsaken"? If it could be used the same as EMFH, removing all CC. Undead has all the same classes available as humans, except for paladin. If 'WotF' could just lose its shared cooldown with similar effects and be at 2 minutes regardless, it would be great. People would have a reason to go back and play on horde.

12. Mercy, thank you for replying, at least you did.
    I don't want to seem ungrateful but I think you can't blame Diskstrasa for asking
    Originally Posted by Diskstrasa
    Why does the bad posts with stupid ideas get answered by the staff while the once with solid solutions gets ignored and avoided?
    You came here and you randomly answered to an user. I think that the answer from Diskstrasa is legit.
    Really, we don't need emfh to be removed nor we need it on orcs or other strange and not applicable ideas.
    We only need our game back. Think on another mechanism to lower alliance queue times, because this one is totally unapplicable, totally dumb, and totally wrong.

The only question we want to be answered is this one:
    Originally Posted by TrueHorde
    Are you guys gonna ever get tings with pvp/bgs like they were before every server for it self without cross realm.
    This is the really only thing we need at the moment.

I'll throw two applicable ideas
    Case 1: you roll back to previous situation without mercenary/crossrealms
    In this scenario, you must first incentivate the transfer from alliance to horde, like with free transfer.
    Then you can try crossfaction bgs to lower alliance queue times and to throw a bit balance into bgs. "Try crossfaction", doesnt mean to put it live and gg, like you did with this mercenary mode. It means to monitor situation, the staff to play tons of bgs for themselves to feel the situation. All this, without opening any poll were every random (also fake accounts) can vote.
    Case 2: you want to keep mercenary aka not wanting to admit a train wreck
    Keep in mind that you gonna have hard times then. But you can try crossfaction bgs also in this case. We should have see a lower queue time for alliances, and maybe horde will have some chance to win sometimes.
    P.s: think also about removing blackrock from crossrealm bgs. Give this chance to Lordaeron players, because their server is more similar to IC than Blackrock, as someone already said in a previous post. Having Blackrocks in our bgs is bad for horde (because their global pvp skill level and equip is tremendously low) and bad for alliance (because i bet it's not even a bit fun to farm every freaking bg at gy, I assume they would like some challenge from time to time, otherwise really go play Hello Kitty in the Dreamland).

Why proposing crossfaction in both cases? Because we saw that only a bunch of people really care about faction. We can count them on 10 fingers. I am one of them. I won't leave horde. But something must be done, not for horde but for the balance of the game in general

13. Why proposing crossfaction in both cases? Because we saw that only a bunch of people really care about faction. We can count them on 10 fingers. I am one of them. I won't leave horde. But something must be done, not for horde but for the balance of the game in general
    It's questionable if ppl would even feel like losing their faction identity when BGs are made completely cross-faction.
    In arena you also fight against your own faction and nobody complains about that.
    BGs are anyway quite anonymous nowadays. It really doesn't matter if the players that you team up with in a BG were initially from the horde or alliance faction.

Last but not least I think that many PvPers would even return to the horde side when BG are made faction less. I assume that many hordys transfered to ally because they were tired of beeing roflstomped in each BG. With faction less BGs the horde would be no longer at a disadvantage and many players would transfer back.

14. Custom content isnt a solution.If they implement this some pple will want other changes(enable human/undead race for all classes,nerf ICC,free loot...etc).Warmane isnt such server most of us play here becouse of this

There is only 1 thing that can balance BGs - Mercenary for everyone and when in queue premades should be matched vs premades.I dont think that removing Mercenary mode will solve anything-all we will see is the old problems(Ally side will go back to 20 min avg queue for bg and horde will get again gy farming guilds/mboxers who dont care about objectives or winning bgs at all)

15. There is only 1 thing that can balance BGs - Mercenary for everyone and when in queue premades should be matched vs premades.
    When BGs are faction less then there would be a gigantic pool of BiS geared PvPers that can be placed on either side of the BG.
    That actually means that it would be possible to implement a third gear based BG bracket for +6k GS players.

A BG premade usually consist of a group of BiS geared noobs that roflstomp undergeared opponents. However, with a third BG bracket those premades would face BiS geared randoms as opponents.

First ... 1353616263646573 ... Last