View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. In addition to this, the few blackrocks which are now sometimes sided with alliance, will be replaced by IC hordes joining bgs as mercenary. So, those blackrocks will be inevitably placed horde sided.
    Horde will be formed by only Blackrocks.

@Proterean: Watch out for this, if it's true, think of something.

2. - Blackrock peoples will keep joining as mercenary, despite its been off by default and optional, because they will at least play some bgs with IC instead of their server.
    Some people from all realms will use it to get shorter battleground queues. It might be slightly biased towards players with more gear since new or less active players might not be aware that such system exists. But that's probably fine for now, to revive PvP on horde side.

- Horde peoples from IC will use mercenary mode, most probably, to be sided with alliance and have a decent win-loose ratio.
    If it works as it has worked til now, they won't be able to do that because alliance has more PvP players. I haven't seen any official details about this but it would make sense to implement it so those who enable mercenary mode join as opposite faction only when it's needed.

- Alliance peoples from IC won't use mercenary mode because they are already OK, with queues and pvpers
    If it's disabled by default, alliance will have longer queue again.

3. If it's disabled by default, alliance will have longer queue again.
    I don't think so, because blackrocks peoples, who will enable it everytime for every bg.

Originally Posted by Anyone0
    If it works as it has worked til now, they won't be able to do that because alliance has more PvP players
    True that, still alliance get some blackrocks from time to time. My fear is that IC horde will use it to join alliance in bgs, even those who don't wanna transfer alliance, will try to play with alliance to win something.

But yes, you are right, those are assumptions on something which is not officially announced so they are only theorical.

4. I don't think so, because blackrocks peoples, who will enable it everytime for every bg.
    What makes you assume that all the Blackrock players will enable MM? When the horde loses most BGs than Blackrock allys will rather wait in the queue than losing non stop.

My fear is that IC horde will use it to join alliance in bgs, even those who don't wanna transfer alliance, will try to play with alliance to win something.
    I highly doubt that MM would put hordys on the ally side. The purpose of MM is to balance the factions. When you enable MM as a horde player then it most likely wouldn't make any difference. You would still always be placed on the horde side since that faction has less players.

I assume that many Icecrown ally premades will enable MM to have shorter BG queue times.
    Making MM optional might have the effect that most premades will be placed on the horde side in the future.
    I'm curious what will happen when a party queues up for BGs and not all players have MM enabled. Guess it will disable MM for the whole party.

5. The purpose of MM is to balance the factions.
    Ehrm, "maybe" the purpose. But the actual effects...we all know.

That's why I'm hoping that things will be done properly, this time.

6. Ehrm, "maybe" the purpose. But the actual effects...we all know.
    I ment faction population balance to reduce BG queue time. MM purpose was never to balance the win/lose ratio of the factions.

7. I am with truthwow1 on this. MM, if implemented as I understand it, will only allow Alliance to join Horde but not vice versa under most conditions because the faction imbalance in BG queues are mostly one sided. I predict the following:

1) More Alliance PVPers: Alliance will now be the faction of choice (even more so than before) because you will get the option to play as Horde to lower queue time, but not vice versa.
    2) Horde win ratio remains the same: Alliance premade groups will not benefit Horde since most of the Horde slots will be taken up by members of the Alliance instead of Horde. While Horde win ratio may increase per BG outcomes, win ratio of actual Horde members may not change. Also see next point for how it might actually get worse for Horde who solo queue.
    3) Alliance AFK honor farmers willl use MM to join Horde: Since their objective is not about winning, but about joining as many BGs as possible, lowered queue times equates to more efficient farm. This group will further lower the quality of Horde in BGs, especially for those who solo queue.

I am not saying there are nothing good for Horde in this new situation, but pointing out three potential problems if MM is implemented. While crossfaction BG will mitigate points 2 and 3, it will make point 1 even worse than before.

I for one is against crossfaction because while faction loyalty may not matter to you, it is a huge part of the game for me. Picking a faction should matter in this game because there is an overarching story of Alliance vs Horde throughout the game. While some don't play this game for the roleplaying element, it is still a RPG game and faction choice is an integral part of that experience. My recommendation is to remove MM, and make crossrealm optional for each individual. Alliance queue time will suffer as it did before, but that is the price we pay for choosing Alliance. More awareness of the imbalance and the allowance of transfer from Alliance to Horde will improve the situation.

8. I'll take a wait and see attitude on how this works, but I expect VERY long queues for Icecrown alliance since so many pvpers have transferred to ally. I really think they should offer free transfers from ally to horde as part of this change.

Maybe mercenary mode being available on Icecrown will prevent the long queues, but I doubt it. But I recognize they needed to do something, so I'll wait and see how it works out.

9. An optional MM separates people who want to win (who want to join alliance side) and people who just want a fast que to **** around and test their specc (who enable MM).
    UNLESS horde gets the opportunity to enable MM and get into bgs as alliance, this will make the faction imbalance only worse by taking the last few good players out of the losing team.
    If both factions can chose which side they want to fight for, there is no faction imbalance at all present anymore in bgs, BUT it will be nothing else than awfully onesided bgs from people who wait long vs. people who get instant invite.
    I don't see how any of this benefits anyone, but I guess no one will care about this until it is implemented and every gorilla can see for himself that it's crap after 2 month...

10. Wait why cant i remove mercenary mode on blackrock this is just stupid i dont want to play horde if i wanted i could make a horde its so simple this is just so off for me at least let it change only the faction not the race.

11. Do it! You are super cool server anyway!

12. Easyest and most reasonable solution would be complete mix of factions but you guys and your horde and alliance bullsh!t

13. Totally agree with Svanie, why dont you want to do a real crossfaction on every server ? Most of the premade pvpers and pvp guild dont look for a real challenge but only want to farm HK on a GY, they wont enable MM. There shouldn't be a choice to enable MM or not.

14. Most of the premade pvpers and pvp guild dont look for a real challenge but only want to farm HK on a GY, they wont enable MM.
    I don't think so.
    When this new system goes live and MM is disabled by default then I assume that the alliance BG queue time will be tremendously long.
    It's likely that ally premades will enable MM so they don't have to wait 20mins for each BG because they queue as a party.

I think it's hard to predict if mostly the sucky geared allys, the one that are still grinding honor, gonna enable MM or also the BiS geared once.
    The win/lose ratio of the horde will highly depend on what kind of ally PvPers are going to enable MM.

15. Still trying to fix the game by making mercenary mode improvements, yet go look at the arena ladder and not a single horde team in the top 50. Hmmm gee I wonder why we have a faction imbalance for battlegrounds?

First ... 1757656667686977 ... Last