View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. PvP was already ruined by multi-boxers. Now you want to ruin it even further with this?
    Could you please be more specific how exactly are they ruining it? Alliance faction is already suffering enough from long queues while this mercenary mode can solve the issue. It will bring something fresh and new to the table which will be appreciated by most.

2. As we can see most of the players are supporting the idea.The only pple who dont like it are some horde players who dont care about the disbalance(instant queue).Probably warmane can add a way to disable this function for the players who dont like the idea - that way everyone is going to be happy.

3. whil i agree that this idea is great, but i fear that this will make even less player choose horde as pvp faction. quite alot of horde pvpers are horde cus of insta queues, making fast queues on alliance is just going to reduce the number of horde pvpers even more.
    Also saying that it will not affect horde wait time, i would really doubt it. the less players on opposing faction in que, the longer you wait by default anyway.

~a No from me.

4. This is definitely a very interesting ideas with very clear benefits and some less clear potential harm. I personally would hate my humans to transform to troll or orc, so if its human appearance to belf then I am all for this idea. Belf appearance with OP human racials is the dream!
    I would suggest adding the option for players to que as mercenary, so those that care about their alliance appearance can guarantee to continue que as alliance and not mercenary.
    I hope more details on the above can be revealed before I vote.
    It would also be funny if an alliance player earned the title "of the alliance" in a bg as a mercenary.

5. i say NO. create a Horde character and go PVP dude.

6. No.

I want to look like the race I've chosen to play. Becoming something else in bgs will totally ruin my character for me, not to mention that my transmog could look horrible on other races.

7. I would suggest adding the option for players to que as mercenary, so those that care about their alliance appearance can guarantee to continue que as alliance and not mercenary.

I could be wrong but I think such implementation will require both server and client side changes which won't be the way Warmane would choose to go for.

8. How you type YES??? The main idea is to have war Between H and A !!! IF choose Alliance i want to fight on this side i don`t to fight on horde side !!!

9. First I thought this might be a good idea, but after reading and thinking about it, I've come to conclude that this will only bring advantages to the Alliance, and disadvantages for the Horde.

Alliance gets to play horde and see all the strats and movements the horde does in BG, but not the other way around. I can also already anticipate having Alliance players sabotaging BGs on purpose for the Horde, either by doing wrong objectives (capping GY in alterac, going mine in arathi ect), trash talking all bg long, or just being a useless player cause they're facing their friends and people they know. How do you report such behaviour? Take a screenshot that will be disregarded because it not proof enough?
    Alliance sabotaging BGs WILL HAPPEN, and some will be smarter then others about it.

If people change faction after this is implemented, it will be from Horde to Alliance. Why would an Alliance that already gets to play Horde change faction?
    After this change, Blackrock people will create Humans/Night elf only. Why chose a faction when you can be both all while having the better racials?

What benefit does the Horde get out of this? Nothing at all, we will have enemies and spies in our ranks, same queues, same rewards, and a mass desertion on our faction.

This might balance the queue times, but it will make the Factions even more unbalanced then they already are.

For this to be fair for Hordes, Hordes should get more rewards (honor/gold, whatever), for playing Horde as a Horde character. Else the only reason to stay Horde is to play with the people you know on this faction (if they don't all faction change).

Or, cancel this idea and just make Free faction changes from Alliance to Horde. To me this makes a lot more sense then a one sided mercenary system.

As a Horde player, I vote no. Not because of the queue time, but because Horde is already the underdog faction, and this will only bring disadvantages to the Horde and benefits to the Alliance. THIS IS NOT A FAIR TRADE.
    Actually couldn't agree more, we'll basically get the same q time and sure we may get some wins but I already anticipate wintradings and achievements for guildies using the guild chat, because despise being horde for a bg they'll still have access to the guild chat being able to leak information about the BG and how to get certain achievements, like the wsg flag kill in the room or AV perfection amongst many others.

On the big picture yeah, this won't bring anything good. I refuse to play alliance, I'm never going to play alliance in this server absolutely never, I despise alliance, I find the alliance community on warmane one of the scummiest ones I've ever encountered in any private server and I aswell refuse to play along them on bg's. If this change gets implemented and horde gets benefit and they are fine with it, I'll withdraw my words, however for now I'm very skeptical and this just looks cheap because yeah, clearly the only ones getting benefit from this are alliances, they already get more transmog scrolls than us and twice the honor if not three times. Nah, gotta stick to arenas and WG only if this happens.

10. Dunno what to vote.

Im playing horde now cuz of the que times.

Cant beleive Blizzard was so lame back in the day so they failed with 2 things:

INSANE OP human racial
    Stupid elevation of EOS and WG bg cliffs so they needed full 2 expansion to fix it.

11. First time I saw this I thought its a joke but it seems thats not a joke.
    I'd rather quit BG's once and for all then play with horde scums in the same team.

12. I love the salty die hard role players on the forums complaining about the way their character is going to look in a battleground. Like seriously you would rather have 15 mins queues just so you can sit on ur fence post in durotar instead of playing the game. SMH and these are the people who speak on the forums. This is a great idea and any idea that reduces queue times on this dead game is a great idea.
    Yes, I would rather. Some people cares about their character look, their lore, and the RPG aspect of wow.

This being a great idea is, you know, your opinion.

13. Well if this is going to happen me and my other 7 friends who play here and i bet alot of other players will quit...gogo screw things up for pvp....who wants horde plays horde for the reason NOT TO PLAY ALLIANCE AND VICE VERSA! wtf is wrong with you..and all who agree with this stoopid ideea are clearly fail pvp-ers.

14. Whilst the idea is noble, I think that horde should stay horde and alliance should stay alliance. I'm playing horde and I have deliberately choose my faction, in this way some alliance players will become "horde" with force. If they wanted to play horde, they would choose horde, and this change will affect mainly them and their never-ending queues.
    This thing will simply break the game faction mechanism

First ... 78910111959 ... Last