View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. No. I will keep posting as long as I choose (or until I get banned I suppose). I'm pissed off. I invested a LOT of time and a bit of money into this server. I have every bit as much right to ***** as you do to continue to be in denial. MM has done NOTHING except relieve a bit of the long Q time complaints alli side. It made matters worse for horde, who already have a significant disadvantage via - yes, the broken human racial. I will continue to post as long as I feel I have something to contribute, and you can piss off. And when you revert to the 'designed by blizzard' argument, please tell me when donations for gear was implemented by blizzard in Wrath? Hmmm? I'm waiting. Because the one is what broke the other. Can't have it both ways. Or I guess you can until your sever dies because no one plays one of the factions anymore.
    Oh for crying out loud... The game has been out for 10 years and you just now found out about the human racial? What made you roll Horde in the first place? Was it to play with friends? To PVE? For the shorter queue time? I am sorry about the current state of affairs, but I think it's time for you to move on.

2. What really needs to happen is. Warmane should remove cross realm bgs from blackrock but leave Mercenary mode active for them. They also need to remove the lower gearscore bracket because by seperating them it increased alli que times. Also having those fresh level 80 alliance actually helped balance the battlegrounds out for horde with less donors. But most developers... as we've seen with "Blizzard" do not want to admit they're wrong... and continue to make the problem worse. The only thing i'm concerned about is that Warmane waited to long and too many horde/horde pvp guilds have went alliance because of this Blackrock/Mercenary mode and that it is too late to revert without horde getting farmed even worse before server merge. Also, perhaps increasing the server population cap would have been better than all of this. By forcing ally to have long que times on Icecrown, they will want to play horde and if they don't want to, play somewhere else. Don't destroy the server for people that simply whine about "Que times". Blizzard destroyed their game by trying to make it "Better" please don't do the same thing :) or perhaps you guys are just tired of running it lol.

3. And whats the difference between this new option for the horde side. Am i the most stupid guy here or i cant see the difference with or without this mark. Im icecrown horde player and im still playing with blackrock ppls only and the result is the same. Why warmane is so unfair with all of us, i really cant get it. After tons of comments here. Ppls said NO and this is still going on. In the end, only you will stay on this server and 1/3 of people who play with money. It will be verry funny.

4. And whats the difference between this new option for the horde side. Am i the most stupid guy here or i cant see the difference with or without this mark. Im icecrown horde player and im still playing with blackrock ppls only and the result is the same. Why warmane is so unfair with all of us, i really cant get it. After tons of comments here. Ppls said NO and this is still going on. In the end, only you will stay on this server and 1/3 of people who play with money. It will be verry funny.
    First of all. As Proterean said, the system isn't fully implemented yet.
    Due to the reality of crossrealm and our update schedules, it might take a few days before all the changes are live on all three of our realms. Queue times should remain short.
    Will it make a different for the horde?
    The answer is yes. Blackrock players won't be placed by default on the horde side anymore. That actually means that the high gear bracket will no longer consist of BiS geared ICC allys vs fresh Blackrock noobs.
    In addition to that Allys from ICC will have the option to activate MM. In consequence many BiS geared ally premades from ICC might fight on the horde side in the future.

My advice is to stop with the complains and the drama and rather wait until this new system is fully implemented.

5. First of all. As Proterean said, the system isn't fully implemented yet.

Will it make a different for the horde?
    The answer is yes. Blackrock players won't be placed by default on the horde side anymore. That actually means that the high gear bracket will no longer consist of BiS geared ICC allys vs fresh Blackrock noobs.
    In addition to that Allys from ICC will have the option to activate MM. In consequence many BiS geared ally premades from ICC might fight on the horde side in the future.

My advice is to stop with the complains and the drama and rather wait until this new system is fully implemented.
    No, this new system gives people the option to either join the winning or the losining side of a battleground. What side do you think brainless overgeared ******s will choose?
    People who want to test a class/specc will join horde for the fast que, while people who want to play serious gladly wait a few minutes more to enter a winning bg.
    this change WILL make the situation even worse. The only hope is that from time to time a BIS geared premade tries the "winning as horde challenge" aka "BG Hardmode" and carries a team of people who either afk and leech losing honor or people who set up their keybinds while they are in the battleground.

6. I agree with the sceptics, i doubt the new MM will fix the issue. Alliance players will just take the little bit longer queue instead of fighting with the horde and lose while blackrock alliance will always be transformed to horde. Implementing the option for Blackrock players aswell wont fix anything, the queue will be as long as it was before because everyone will stay in their own ****ing faction OR it will make it even worse and it certainly wont fix the ****ty BG's. I dont believe in the new solution.

And the 55:45 ratio can not be true. Like the others already said, this is never true in higher bracket, europen time zone. Its more like 95:05.
    During european time zone i won only 2 Bgs from like 20 Bg's, i lost painful 13 BG's in a row. I get farmed at GY by some donors who have the skill of a 1k rating player, in AV BG's up to 10 player just stay afk and do NOTHING. This is very very wrong, this is just unplayable, this is pure suffering, this is Hell.

PS: Why dont you give 277-284 free gear for Blackrock players? This will certainly lower the Gear gap between horde and alliance and maybe it will attract mroe experienced pvp players. I myself played for, i dont even know, 8 years pvp(?) I am not interested in grinding PvP gear, its all about the competition and the fun. I am sure many other player think alike. This way the Mercenary Mode can stay the way it is. I have no issue playing horde or losing 95% of the BG's as long the PvP is meaningful. A good game always beats winning OK? Good Game > WINNING! A GOOD GAME is a balanced game. A balanced game only works with equal gear.

English is not my native language, sorry for my english!

7. The only hope is that from time to time a BIS geared premade tries the "winning as horde challenge" aka "BG Hardmode" and carries a team of people who either afk and leech losing honor or people who set up their keybinds while they are in the battleground.
    this wont happen too, bcs most of the premades farm hks and dont play for objectives

8. No, this new system gives people the option to either join the winning or the losining side of a battleground. What side do you think brainless overgeared ******s will choose?
    People who want to test a class/specc will join horde for the fast que, while people who want to play serious gladly wait a few minutes more to enter a winning bg.
    this change WILL make the situation even worse. The only hope is that from time to time a BIS geared premade tries the "winning as horde challenge" aka "BG Hardmode" and carries a team of people who either afk and leech losing honor or people who set up their keybinds while they are in the battleground.
    Blackrocks starter noobs don't even know that the MM button exists. Since MM will be disabled by default it won't place all of them on the horde side.

Nontheless I agree that the horde has still a disadvantage with this new system since the allys can choose their prefered faction while the horde can't. Nontheless I assume that the horde BG win rate will increase.

9. 5 games on a row and 0 wins top healer in all games with useless dps 0 shadowmournes while alliance had 10 sm per game this is completely unbalanced and you say horde have 45% win rate?? are you kidding us?I am done with this unbalanced pvp good luck.btw the true numbers are 90-10 or even worse.

10. The win ratio is currently 55:45 between Alliance and Horde, for the last 50 hours. We believe the win ratio will remain like this, or possibly even improve. Like it was mentioned, we were not trying to improve the win ratio with mercenary mode but to address queue times. Win ratio was not that admirable before mercenary mode either. In fact, with our latest changes it's better than it has been for a long time.

The way we see the picture is a bit different than players. While a player might personally feel like they're losing all the time, we can actually see the number of wins and losses per faction. The reality is that crossrealm and mercenary mode didn't do much to change the win ratio which was not Horde favourable before either.
    Every Blackrock player ever just has bad luck then since MM, I guess? I have yet to talk to anyone who won 9/20 or more games as horde, while most people are rather on the 4-5/20 wins.
    Where exactly does that statistic come from? It is certainly not from the high gs bracket (the one people actually complain about, since the entire PvP server is slammed in there)

11. No, this new system gives people the option to either join the winning or the losining side of a battleground. What side do you think brainless overgeared ******s will choose?
    actually i feel that BIS people who farmed everything out and just want to wtfpwn something will join as mercs alot since they want to WTFBBQ SMroflstorm ppl into the retirement.....people that really do want honor will maybe calculate what side might win but in the end.....i think it will be pretty balanced...

and yes, horde is shafter yet again since they dont even have the option to calculate what side to play for.......solution really is that we say FRECK sides and just randomly add people from all realms to all sides....

12. I am sorry about the current state of affairs, but I think it's time for you to move on.
    Look - all I'm saying is that a balanced game is a healthy game. And right now, this is FAR from balanced and far from healthy. And there ARE solutions.
    They just have to have the guts to implement one. I will move on when I damn well feel like moving on.

13. Look - all I'm saying is that a balanced game is a healthy game. And right now, this is FAR from balanced and far from healthy. And there ARE solutions.
    They just have to have the guts to implement one. I will move on when I damn well feel like moving on.
    We all know what you propose. Messing with racials is a nonstarter. IMHO they should get rid of MM, and make crossrealm optional. Alliance has always been the superior faction for plate PVP; Horde has been better at PVE, and seem to have more/better healers. The game has been out for some time now, and for the most part it has been pretty stable with Alliance winning slightly over half of the BGs. Racial adjustments are clearly unwarranted. Besides, if I wanted things to be different, I would not have chosen this expansion, so stop trying to change my game.

14. My advice is to stop with the complains and the drama and rather wait until this new system is fully implemented.
    Exactly. I'm starting to think some people in this thread enjoy crying and complaining more than they enjoy actually playing the game. The devs have bent over backwards to improve the bg system on Warmane- how about a little gratitude?

That aside, complaining about WOTLK design features like EMFH is so ridiculous a person should be ashamed to post it. When I play my hunter main, I'm not crazy about ret paladins being so OP in WOTLK, but I wouldn't think about asking Warmane to nerf the spec as designed by Blizzard.

15. Look - all I'm saying is that a balanced game is a healthy game. And right now, this is FAR from balanced and far from healthy. And there ARE solutions.
    All you are doing is making a fool out of yourself, so if that's what entertains you then by all means continue.

First ... 20606869707172 ... Last