View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Why don't you just do this but without costumes? It would be just like alliance vs alliance in arena but in a greater scenario (with different goals too ofc), but the idea would be the same. I'd really prefer this case.

2. I am horde, and I am not salty about playing with other alliance. I accept this :)

3. I would like it if this was an option that I could turn on and off.

4. Yes voters: %50 Horde PVP players, %40 Horde PVE players who want some shadowmourned- full wrathful humans on their side once in a while, %10 Alliance players not sure why they choose it.

No voters: %90 Alliance players, %5 Honorable horde players who dont want to play side by side by the guy who had been camping him last 2 hours, %5 Horde-Ally players who want to keep it Blizz-like as promised.

If this passes tho, hopefully not, i will quit.

5. Yes voters: %50 Horde PVP players, %40 Horde PVE players who want some shadowmourned- full wrathful humans on their side once in a while, %10 Alliance players not sure why they choose it.

No voters: %90 Alliance players, %5 Honorable horde players who dont want to play side by side by the guy who had been camping him last 2 hours, %5 Horde-Ally players who want to keep it Blizz-like as promised.

If this passes tho, hopefully not, i will quit.
    try learning to read before you cry. horde and alliance will not be on the same team. the Mercs will be alliance vs alliance. 1 will just look like horde.

6. So i will try to summarize this thread with every confirmed important anwer so far that will include thing that are in the first post itsefl:

First, and the most important about the announce

- We will not be mixing Horde or Alliance together, there is no mixing of factions. -Proterean, Page 1
    - This would have no effect on Horde players and their queue wait times. -Proterean, Page 1
    - It prioritizes Horde players. They are unlikely to lose their privilege of instant queues without or with this system in any near future. Proterean, Page 2

What about Premades?
    Premades are not harmed, no matter if group party or AV Enabler. -Proterean, Page 1

About the reputation gained in every BG:
    This will not be affected. All and any contributions that you would have received as an Alliance player, you will receive the same. -Proterean, Page 1

Will this change the racials of the Characters Selected as Hordes?
    Racials stay the same. -Proterean, Page 1

So there will never be "Alliance Vs Horde+Alliance" but only "Alliance Vs Alliance" ?
    The way it works is that it's not very easy to get on opposing sides. Also, it's only meant as a measure when there's not enough players from Horde to fulfill the battlegrounds. -Proterean, Page 2

Does this system affect only PvP or it will change PvE queue as well?
    Only pertains to battlegrounds. -Proterean, Page 3
    Mercenary mode doesn't apply to arena. -Mercy, Page 12

When does the transformation happen? When you enter the BG or queue? Does it revert back when you exit?
    When you join the battleground. It reverts back when you exit. -Proterean, Page 5.

7. It would be a cool idea, but it won't work nicely as we think it would on Warmane. The problema is: soon most alliance players, who normally queue alone, will be facing "full geared premades using Discord to talk tactics" not only from horde side but also from alliance side. BG will return to be a hell.

Sorry, i can't elaborate my reason and explain the math in english, because it isn't my mother language, but i think people will understand what i'm saying pretty easily.

8. Sad how many people fail to comprehend the original post.

I think this is a good idea because faster queues = happier players. (Imagine if the donor queue was sped up, people wouldn't be getting angry).

The only issues I see arising out of this are cosmetic.
    I have a question though. Do both ally teams see the opposite side as horde, or is it one team gets unlucky and is transformed into horde because I could see that team being unhappy. Also seeing races using other racials could be slightly confusing. You can argue though that eventually they will get used to it and adapt, but there should definitely be a warning that the queue was longer than expected and mercenary mode was activated.

The only reason I think this is unfair to some people is because of X-MOG which I know is cosmetic, however it is part of the donation system so if some people pay to look a certain way and are transformed, that's not very fair to the donors, although I know you can get X-MOG for free, but it's obviously rare and not everyone wants to grind.

Basically if players care more about the faster queue than cosmetic look, they should vote yes. I did because I don't really care for X-MOG, however I feel it is something that should be considered.

9. I vote yes for the idea, but no if this is what has been causing Icecrown to be unplayable for the past week.

10. The problema is: soon most alliance players, who normally queue alone, will be facing "full geared premades using Discord to talk tactics" not only from horde side but also from alliance side.
    Concerned as well. A good change, but it comes with this effect. I really hope that the future may prioritize premades vs premades. With this change, is it possible to consider this as well?

- Sibe -
    - Sibeicc -

11. Horde, start to skill up Engineering so you can use AH in Dalaran.

12. oh very bad idea, you can call warmane as fantasy server.

13. Ok, at the beginning of the post i started my personal crusade vs this mode...but now...i have realized that this mode is necessary 100%...
    and i speaking as RPG player...

14. The only people who is voting No on this poll is the people who does not sit in 20 min plus ques for bgs on allaince every day

15. yeah i think will help make queue faster and will aslo encourage ppl who on alliance to play as horde sometimes

First ... 1018192021223070 ... Last