View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. only way to fix alliance que. don't know why ppl r voting with No here. prolly only Hordes idk.

Just do it.
    Try reading at least some comments before telling everyone that you "don't know". There are 34 full pages of them.

2. We intend to utilize the Alliance faction players from Blackrock as Horde players. This should relieve the issue whilst not changing anything on Icecrown and Lordaeron.

3. We intend to utilize the Alliance faction players from Blackrock as Horde players. This should relieve the issue whilst not changing anything on Icecrown and Lordaeron.
    So, the main argument how people don’t want to be “ugly” on the previous 35 pages becomes irrelevant now? I have a feeling you should’ve said this before. Lmao

4. So, the main argument how people don’t want to be “ugly” on the previous 35 pages becomes irrelevant now? I have a feeling you should’ve said this before. Lmao
    Are any of the people that complain about being "ugly" from blackrock? If so, that's super weird. Realm that's designed specifically for pvp, instant free everything, should not give a damn about the looks.

That wasn't the main "against" argument, though. The main problem is that faction disbalanace would become even deeper indirectly.

We intend to utilize the Alliance faction players from Blackrock as Horde players. This should relieve the issue whilst not changing anything on Icecrown and Lordaeron.
    Would blackrock alliances disguised as horde be put up only against blackrock alliances only, or is this cross-realm too?

5. i read something with "if they choose alliance for double trinket they deserve to wait in longer que" and some more bull****. that isnt rly a Reason to not anable Mecenary que.

6. We intend to utilize the Alliance faction players from Blackrock as Horde players. This should relieve the issue whilst not changing anything on Icecrown and Lordaeron.
    Great decision, Meeting it halfway after all the feedback, Hoping to see it implemented as soon as possible to help keep the balance!

7. i read something with "if they choose alliance for double trinket they deserve to wait in longer que" and some more bull****. that isnt rly a Reason to not anable Mecenary que.
    it kind of is it tho. you are litterly leting ally have the cake and eat it. Ally keep all benefits (dubble trinket, higher winrate, easier find other player to play whit), and give the only horde one (fast que) to allys.

8. really appreciate it if you do it faster

9. Certainly, i wouldn`t be able to farm your filthy curly haired female dwarf warrior then! Damn, this game turns to be a lot safer for you , no ?

10. Great idea!

Humans to orcs
    Dwarfs to tauren
    Gnomes to forsaken
    Night elves to blood elves
    And tauren to dranei

11. Can u please do some news please ? we have been waiting since 1 month average of 15 min queu each BG and we all getting sick of that

12. Don't ****ing do it, i will quit this damn server then

13. I am not sure I understand the proposal as it is badly worded.

My best understanding is that BGs will pop as either:

1) Alliance vs. Horde.
    2) Alliance vs Alliance disguised as Horde.

However amongst all the rambling of "don;t worry you won't have to shake hands with your enemies" there is also "don't worry you won't have to fight your friends". If Alliance, howsoever disguised, are playing against Alliance then yes, they will have to.

Also, how will Horde queues not be affected? If alliance and horde are not going to be in the same group, then there is a likelihood that alliance vs alliance battles will leave horde waiting for just that one more player who only turns up just after the alliance vs alliance match starts, so now horde have to wait for a fresh alliance team to appear. If alliance are going to join horde teams, then that will improve horde queues - except where horde players join just too late after an alliance player has taken their place.

I think I and others would appreciate the original post being updated with some exact mechanics of what will be implemented.

Personally I think I would prefer it if you spent the time fixing the many many many many bugs in the system:

1) Tiny quest target zones (collect water from this huge pond, but not mentioned is that you have to stand in one exact spot to do so).
    2) Flame Leviathan bugs (problems if you range pull, problems with entering a vehicle as gunner).
    3) Hodir rep quest where you have to kill the drake - the damn things teleport from almost unreachable point to unreachable point rather than flying smoothly round. The spear range is VASTLY reduced (in retail you could spear the damn things from the ground).
    4) Numerous other broken quests - global chat is full of people asking "is such and such a quest broken" and the answer is usually yes.

14. When is this going live as I see the results are pretty much in favor of this happening?

First ... 25333435363745 ... Last