View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Most likely IS going to happen. There was a poll. There were many good arguments regarding why D. Trump shouldn't have became president but the majority vote decided in favor if it happening and he's been up and kicking for years.
    This wasn't a election.
    It's just a survey.
    Just because more ppl voted yes doesn't mean that Warmane is obligated to implement it.

Also read what Proterean said:
    We are considering the idea where only Blackrock Alliance players will be considered as Horde players and this would only be enabled when the pool of players is smaller and queues become long. The poll clearly shows that the players prefer the idea, however, this was just a collection of opinions in a week.

We will still discuss internally and look at data and think whether we will implement it.

2. Is this thing going to be or not? :D Cause it would be awesome!
    It is probably going to happen but they will first implement it only on the blackrock server and most likely that would be enough to balance the BG Ally/horde ratio.

3. It is probably going to happen but they will first implement it only on the blackrock server and most likely that would be enough to balance the BG Ally/horde ratio.
    Well, it's possible that they implement MM on Blackrock.
    It's also possible that they make cross-faction BGs on Blackrock so alliance and horde can fight together. imo that would go more in line with cross-faction soloq in case they consider to bring it back.

4. Well, it's possible that they implement MM on Blackrock.
    It's also possible that they make cross-faction BGs on Blackrock so alliance and horde can fight together. imo that would go more in line with cross-faction soloq in case they consider to bring it back.
    I played back then when cross-faction was implemented on blackrock, it was really nice, BG's were balanced and the queue duration was not too long, the BG fights were also intense. It was a lot of fun but only during certain day times or at weekend. Sometimes there were just too little players on Blackrock, like 100-200 players, the BG queue could take back then around 20-30 min. No, i dont think cross-faction will be a good idea, we tried it.

And what about the queue for PvP players on icecrown and lordaeron. Their queue will still last 10+ mins. The whole point of Mercenary Mode is to reduce the QUEUE Duration on ALL servers, not just blackrock.
    So basically what this "Mercenary Mode" will do or what i think warmane will do is that Alliance Players from Blackrock on the CROSS-Realm will be transfered to HORDE ON THE CROSS-REALM BG's, so it balances aswell lordaeron, icecrown and blackrock queue out.
    The players on icecrown and lordaeron will stay with their own faction. If you get what i mean.

5. @HellOhh
    You misunderstood me.
    By cross-faction mode on Blackrock I mean that alliance and horde players would both be put in the horde queue and they would fight together in BGs.
    Bgs would be still cross-realm and therefore the queue time on ICC and Lordaeron would also be reduced.
    Mercenary Mode on Blackrock would be pretty much the same except that horde and alliance players don't fight together.

6. @truthwow1
    "You misunderstood me.
    By cross-faction mode on Blackrock I mean that alliance and horde players would both be put in the horde queue and they would fight together in BGs."

ok, i indeed misunderstood you. I agree with what you write here, that was my idea aswell but that what you describe here is "Mercenary Mode".

Cross-Faction is not Mercenary Mode. Cross-Faction is the mixing of the Factions, so you got Horde and Allys in Horde Faction and Horde and Allys in Ally Faction. It is the same like Cross realm you got Icecrown, lordaeron and blackrock players on both Factions. Its not like Blackrock Horde fights aginst Icecrown Alliane or Lordaeron Alliance fights against Icecrown Horde. You get what i mean?
    Cross-Faction is mixing of Factions, so Horde and Alliance play together.
    Mercenary Mode is transFORMING Alliance players to Horde if the POOL of players is unbalanced.

I think misusing the wrong terms creates more confusen, warmane should define the terms properly, so players understand first what they vote lol

7. And what about the queue for PvP players on icecrown and lordaeron. Their queue will still last 10+ mins. The whole point of Mercenary Mode is to reduce the QUEUE Duration on ALL servers, not just blackrock.
    One of the reasons why alliance on IC/lord are waiting that much is because a pool of alliance players is extended more than horde from blackrock server (blackrock has more alliance players than horde according to info page). Putting some of blackrock alliances up against other blackrock alliances lets more ic/lord alliances in against the horde. The queue would definitely be reduced on all realms. By how much is another question.

So basically what this "Mercenary Mode" will do or what i think warmane will do is that Alliance Players from Blackrock on the CROSS-Realm will be transfered to HORDE ON THE CROSS-REALM BG's, so it balances aswell lordaeron, icecrown and blackrock queue out.
    The players on icecrown and lordaeron will stay with their own faction. If you get what i mean.
    I don't think that's what's gonna happen but that's an interesting idea, I like it. xd

8. You need to hurry up guys, imbalance is more and more visible.

9. I fear Aliance will always be sabotaging BG's when qued as Horde.

10. I think the cosmetic racial change is unnecessary. I've seen this done on other servers without any racial change and it worked just fine. When I play bgs I'm not looking at the opponents' races for the most part, I'm just looking for red names overhead. Some people seem against this change solely because of the horde races.

My other concern is that this might further incentivize rolling alliance by lowering queue times, which could adversely affect horde queues. People have mentioned doing this only on Blackrock since a huge part of the balance disparity is on that realm, and I think it would fit much better if only done there since it's already not blizzlike. We'd really have to see a "beta test" before we can make a fair decision though. Regardless, good work guys.

11. MM should be a complete no-brainer if we're just talking about Blackrock players, which the latest dev posts suggests we are.

I mean, what is some Blackrock player gonna say: "oh no, this instant 80 alliance toon I created an hour ago is horde for the purposes of this bg- this totally ruins my immersive experience!"

I really think Warmane will have the best pvp options and design that any private server has ever had if mercenary mode goes thru as planned. I mean, you will have a server for everyone - Icecrown, Blackrock and Lordaeron will each have their advantages and disadvantages, but, overall you will have a HUGE population of players and the Blackrock guys will be serving the role of keeping the queues popping fast. Which they really should have no grounds to complain about, considering that they are having an instant 80 with Relentless gear handed to them for free.

12. i think that the idea of balance factions is not working, the horde almost lose every single bg an all the wintergrasps battles, right now i get in to a bg and i have to fight 2 or 3 alliances paladins with 35 k or more of health, with more than 1300 of ressilence and a very good weapon … they are almost inmortals … and i dont really see too much characters from black rock playing horde, i guess the 75 % of those characters are alliances. So … this idea just help even more the alliance to win all pvp battles in this server

13. only way to fix alliance que. don't know why ppl r voting with No here. prolly only Hordes idk.

Just do it.

First ... 24323334353644 ... Last