View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. It is my belief this would be too much of an integrity deviation, for a server known for its purist approach anyway. Surprising amount of people still cares about the RP aspect of MMORPG, even in PvP setting of a product this old. This going through would at the very least raise a lot of questions and annoy a portion of our playerbase, even more so with the history of shunning numbers of good ideas trying to make PvP on the WotLK realms more balanced and satisfying for everyone included (by following the forementioned approach and for valid reasons too).

2. I'd request not to change the visuals even if its alliance vs alliance. I wouldn't like to be transformed into another race that i chose not to roll as..

3. Honestly, I'd see the option to toggle on/off the cross realm stuff become available. That way no one loses and everyone wins.

4. I voted yes because meh, i don't care. I'm a capitalist at heart though. I say over cheap fixes. Royally buff Horde racials, ie; Reduce cooldown on Tauren Warstomp and last 2 seconds long, WoTF cooldown reduced and grants a short immunity, Arcane Silence Cooldown reduced and radius increased. People will rush over to Horde with Faction changes and bamb! Profit! $$$$

5. that is just wrong you will **** up the realm as it is

6. no need

I left a server because of this mode, and half Serbian Knights members as well. For God sake, do not ruin PvP on Warmane..
    then leave lol

7. That is a worthless thought/opinion. If you think your weight carries more than any others, you're significantly wrong. It cacophonous babbling like this that ruins realms/servers, and not the people.

8. You sound exactly like those people who denied that blizzard was going to **** after woltk. Look where it brought them, isn't BFA great?

9. That's kind-of an inappropriate approach for a poll thread, don't you think? We want their feedback. Telling people to leave because they don't like it is not the goal here. This isn't an announcement thread for "WE ARE DOING THIS", but instead as I already mentioned - it is a poll so we can collect our community's opinions on the idea.

For others who may be worried, the voting outcome of the poll may not determine whether we implement the system. The poll exists so we can gauge a response and get some of you to reply with your thoughts. That's all.

10. Please don't do this to our server cross realm is ok i don`t want to play with alliance i played here for a long time and the whole time i played horde all my toons are horde the name says it all PLEASE DON'T DO THIS

11. No offence but this is probably the worst idea since unsliced bread. #blizzlike? I wonder if someone has the knowhow to actually make this happen....

12. Pretty much more than half of the people complaining are using "I don't want to play with Horde/Alliance," which shows so many haven't even really read what the original post says. Horde won't be affected at all. No one will "play with <insert inane insult followed by a faction name>." All that will happen is, if there are too many Alliances queued and creating a long wait, half of them will "dress up" as Horde and fight against the other half in a match, since Horde doesn't has problems with queue time.
    That'll not happen as horde population will drop. There will be no reason to play horde when you can have the EMFH racial + low que time. I'd easily see all horde pvp guilds transferring to ally and thus there will be a large talent/gear drain from the horde. Those win rates for the actual "horde teams" would nosedive if they transfer

13. Bingo MaXi, and that is why this is so awesome. It will obliterate the PvP incentive to be Horde for short queue times. Since the community has over the years never truly bothered fixing this issue it is about time to end the issue by simply "disolving" the Horde side in terms of PvP.

14. I can tell you that if I am placed on the Horde side, I will simply desert the BG. If I wanted to play Horde, I would.
    Did you read the post? You are not playing Horde. You will still be our alliance toon simply fighting on the opposite side of the BG. This is just like being able to fight against other alliance teams in arena. I do not see a negative side of this other then it was not in WoTLK, but neither was being able to buy shadowmourne yet ppl still play on Icecrown.

First ... 1422232425263474 ... Last