View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%

1. I feel like since the change theres a group of alliance players that are unhappy since they can't just queue an d stomp and GY farm the other team now. Honestly this change is good for PvP it makes more balanced for both factions overall but if you don't like being forced to play Horde as Alliance or breaks the RP aspect for you you can opt-out of it.

2. The one drawback I see coming from mercenary mode all together is that a lot of horde from Icecrown have or will, go to alliance. There is not much incentive to actually be horde for pvp anymore. In the coming months/years I won't be surprised if the bg systems become alliance vs alliance(horde). Another drawback to that is the farming in world zones will most certainly favor alliance, rip duels in Durotar/Raids on Stormwind lol, there won't be any horde to protect ( or attack). This could be all speculation... but we will just have to see for now.

3. This could be all speculation
    Actually not speculations, but a real scenario.
    Yes, bgs are more balanced, but sadly we already saw toxic behaviour from some alliance mercenaries, who are not really willing to play horde and they will just afk bgs or run from fights.
    the other, big, drawback is that there is not really any reason to roll horde. Just go alliance, be mercenary, keep your emfh and play as horde. This means an heavily unbalanced wpvp and such.
    But they voted for it. Now I assume we keep it and face it

4. But they voted for it. Now I assume we keep it and face it
    Lets face it after it becomes a problem, for now the Battleground experience for horde have improved 200%.

5. I notice many people seeing the main problem to be alliance human racial bonus but the truth is this problem comes from the easy way to obtain the high end heroic trinkets.This was never a case in blizzard or normal blizzlike servers.I have always been a player that dose pvp and pve exacly for the reason to have the high end pve items wich is pretty much useless here since u dont need to know anything about pve to get the offset pve items u need.One of the main problems with the server is exacly the easy way to obtain heroic gear i think what can be done is at least to increase the price for hc items.

6. This mode work under lvl 80?And i heard this mode can be buggy faction achievements that true?!

7. Opt-in to Transmog display on Wrath of the Lich King

Thanks for this by the way,
    It would make sense to announce stuff like this on the main page.

8. The dev team changed the mercenary mode algorithm again. It's pretty obvious.

9. Really don't know what algorithm they have changed, but as horde i've won 2 out of 10 at best, for countless days in a row.
    The rest of the bgs were gy farm fests all over. Ppl ever run from ressing area to avoid ally slaughter.
    Seriously doubt that original wow devs have had this kind of gameplay in mind when designing it.

By far this is not fun anymore and really doesn't worth putting any time in, not to mention money.

10. Wait ppl wtf ?

We all know what is the problem here..
    2 pve trinkets / Human racial.
    1 Horde team in 50 teams 2v2 .. and we all know why
    So dont you all play smart, dont write 8000 words posts...pls.

" Whilst, it is not significantly present in other areas of the game, such as in PvE"

Oh really ? Why ?
    There is no thing such a Medallion of the Alliance/Medallion of the Horde in pVe .
    No mode will help or save pVp here, as long as you have orgasms on your 2 trinks/procs.

So vote more to transfer..
    Before is to late for you..
    Racial is salvation.

11. 1 more thing , now Im so glad to see the truth.
    With same item lvl, Blackrock players simple owning Icecrown coin based badass players.
    Make them vote more, make them tryhard more. :)

P.S. This is not a hate, just good intention, to make ppl enjoy pvp again, not to be slave to 1spell, 1 racial... :(

12. Hey there i'm having some trouble with mercenary mode and didn't find anything related on the first page and also too lazy to read 77 pages T_T
    so most of the times when i spawn as an undead horde my game crashes when i relog.. i can't chat it says that i don't know orcish and i have undead racials
    some other times there's no error i get to keep my human racials while having an undead model so i was wondering if there's a way to fix that

13. Hello there!
    You are probably using WOW client version with Legion character models(its not very stable).My advice is to download Old models or WOW client(Old) if you dont know how to replace them.There is a possibility that you may get error from 1 of your addons.Disable all addons and join BG as mercenary - if you crash then you need to remove Legion models.
    Also you can upload/copy your error message(WOW directory/Errors) and paste it here too.

14. So can we use this mode under lvl 80 or not?

First ... 276775767778 Last