View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. The system is going through its first live tests today. Players from Blackrock and only Blackrock are being balanced over to Horde.

So far its looking good, with queue times being drastically lower across all WoTLK realms.

2. The system is going through its first live tests today. Players from Blackrock and only Blackrock are being balanced over to horde.

So far its looking good, with queue times being drastically lower across all WoTLK realms.
    I can confirm - The queue time on Ally(Icecrown) is perfect.We can finaly enjoy pvp again
    Thank you for this change!

3. Best improvement Warmane has ever made to Icecrown, imo.

4. I don't want to play with Blackrock players. Reason ? : BG chat and free pvp gear, prolly more reasons but lets stick with this. No need to comment this bg chat we all know whats going on. Free pvp gear is not bad in theory, making bg's more "fair" but lets take a look of other side of this story. They will create new chars, they will trash talk, they will posibly use hacks, but no worries, they will make new accounts and since theres no que on Blackrock no need to donate for it. Theres nothing to stop them in their intentions to "troll" people. Yes there are internet hooligans and now BG is longer because, well they can do what ever they want and you make it posible. Thank you Warmane Staff, LONG LIVE MOLTEN DEATHWING

5. Guys you practically ruined an idea which was good. Letting some alliance players to turn to horde was great. It would reduce queue time, make battlegrounds more balanced and also was fun cause payers like to change their appearance once in a while so that idea was all good. Then some players started complaining that they didn’t want their appearance to be changed and you listened to them. You should’ve implemented your plan then see the feedback from community cause I’m sure most of ppl didn’t understand what you were gonna do. Now with applying mercenary mode to only blackrock, almost all the times characters of this realm including me end up being a horde and we don’t like that cause we chose to be alliance. also since most of guys have starter gear they can’t compete with mostly geared Icecrown players so this decision made battlegrounds even more out of balance. I’m asking you guys please get back to your original idea cause that could’ve improved pvp.

6. Guys you practically ruined an idea which was good. Letting some alliance players to turn to horde was great. It would reduce queue time, make battlegrounds more balanced and also was fun cause payers like to change their appearance once in a while so that idea was all good. Then some players started complaining that they didn’t want their appearance to be changed and you listened to them. You should’ve implemented your plan then see the feedback from community cause I’m sure most of ppl didn’t understand what you were gonna do. Now with applying mercenary mode to only blackrock, almost all the times characters of this realm including me end up being a horde and we don’t like that cause we chose to be alliance. also since most of guys have starter gear they can’t compete with mostly geared Icecrown players so this decision made battlegrounds even more out of balance. I’m asking you guys please get back to your original idea cause that could’ve improved pvp.
    So... let me see if I understand... people from Alliance looking like Horde was fine and people complaining shouldn't have been listened to... but when it happens to you, and you turn from Alliance to Horde - something already in line with Blackrock having faction changes at will - it's bad because you don't want to play as Horde, you "choose Alliance," and you should be listened to?

7. Just don't listen to all these egoistic pricks. It's a huge improvement, the queue waiting times yesterday showed a drastical dicrease for Icecrown Alliance, which was the main reason to implement the Mercenary Mode, aye? There's still a gear gap, sure, but right now, everyone's getting fast queues and probably a lot more BGs to play.

8. Thanks for this.

This a bit unbalanced for now because of gear difference bewteen BK and Icecrown but this will get good with time

9. Well, there's always been a lot of ignorant people on Warmane, so even if they didn't add the Mercenary Mode feature there'd still be a lot of morons populating the realms of Warmane. Why would the staff remove the feature for a few black sheep?

10. So... let me see if I understand... people from Alliance looking like Horde was fine and people complaining shouldn't have been listened to... but when it happens to you, and you turn from Alliance to Horde - something already in line with Blackrock having faction changes at will - it's bad because you don't want to play as Horde, you "choose Alliance," and you should be listened to?
    No you misunderstood. I'm fine with appearance changing and i like it actually but i don't like it to be a permanent thing in BGs and also cause of this change lose like i don't know maybe 70-80% of BGs and its not about me I'm sure all blackrock players think like me. although reduced queue time is nice but it has these consequences while your first idea wouldn't have. I respect other people opinions but many were complaining about appearance change as though it would be something allways happening but it was gonna be like 20% of times not allways and they were missing that point. I asked you to not listen to unreasonable complains and i ask you to not listen to my complain if its unreasonable and not based on truth so you have the data i appreciate if you check it out.

11. Thanks for this.

This a bit unbalanced for now because of gear difference bewteen BK and Icecrown but this will get good with time
    better ignore lordaeron since it doesn't fit your opinion

12. No you misunderstood. I'm fine with appearance changing and i like it actually but i don't like it to be a permanent thing in BGs and also cause of this change lose like i don't know maybe 70-80% of BGs and its not about me I'm sure all blackrock players think like me. although reduced queue time is nice but it has these consequences while your first idea wouldn't have. I respect other people opinions but many were complaining about appearance change as though it would be something allways happening but it was gonna be like 20% of times not allways and they were missing that point. I asked you to not listen to unreasonable complains and i ask you to not listen to my complain if its unreasonable and not based on truth so you have the data i appreciate if you check it out.
    But it isn't an "always" thing, it just depends on which faction is needing people to fill their ranks at the time. Often there are too many Alliances, so it will be the Horde needing more people, but Blackrock didn't all just get turned into Horde or anything like that. The same thing that would happen in the original idea is happening, the only difference being that Blackrock, who already had players casually switching factions back and forth, is the one where players are being drawn from to complete teams needing more members.

13. But it isn't an "always" thing, it just depends on which faction is needing people to fill their ranks at the time. Often there are too many Alliances, so it will be the Horde needing more people, but Blackrock didn't all just get turned into Horde or anything like that. The same thing that would happen in the original idea is happening, the only difference being that Blackrock, who already had players casually switching factions back and forth, is the one where players are being drawn from to complete teams needing more members.
    You may say this but unfortunately I agree with the original post, I have played like what 15 bg's all of which have made me horde side and unfortunately as previously before this was introduced horde don't win many bg's and now I'm playing these and legit have lost everyone being on the horde side I personally don't mind a long queue time if I actually get to pvp but instead getting these instant queue's but getting GY camped in every game this is just not 'pvp' and definitely not fun. And also it is always a thing because we know Blackrock is low on Horde players so it's always gonna be putting us over to the horde side...

14. P.S I think the choice should be given like live to actually select to join merc mode :)

First ... 27353637383947 ... Last