View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. This is a ridiculous idea, although I am not surprised it has a majority of votes. Of course Ally players are all for this. They get their cake and eat it too. Better racials and faster que's. I know many alliance players and they know me. I DO NOT WANT TO FIGHT WITH OR HELP THEM. I don't care what "costume" they have. How could any Horde vote yes? There is no upside for us. We are screwed. They are the majority and they will get their way. This is the nail for me.

2. DON'T DO IT!! there's no real reason to do it ... I'm a horde and we lose player 9/10 BG's but ok, the game is based on the fight between Horde and Alliance to figure out who's stronger, if players are shuffled, not there is a concrete way to know it

3. icecrown has a login que there genius. which is what i was referring to.
    How will this make icecrown ques shorter? Do you think that so many people will quit over this change or what? If so, it should be an indication that it is a bad change and not the other way round. And most ic players can skip ques anyways

4. Like you can't take only horde side cause only horde needs this to be able to win some bgs, i am a horde and i would love this to work, however most alliance would be bothered or going to cry once they lose one time, they choose alliance side for the human free trinket etc, you remove it by making them change faction once they join bg therefor they will have to buy a medallion for crowd control, therefor it should be given free to humans only, like keep in mind you will be loosing some player's by small changes etc. or make gearing for pvp takes less time same as the original wow did to counter effect and attract horde to play pvp since gearing pvp is easier than pve not 50k per gear etc. for furious gear for example i honestly thing this is the best way to counter the effect cause ally wins most bg's it makes horde give up on gearing for pvp easily, i got the best tip on gearing pvp gear as horde is by being pve and waisting EoF on pvp gear after gearing pve that's my main target on shaman atm can't bother spam bg's for weeks just for furious gear, that's my personal view on things. GL with the choices your making and i hope people wont get disappointed!

5. How will this make icecrown ques shorter? Do you think that so many people will quit over this change or what? If so, it should be an indication that it is a bad change and not the other way round. And most ic players can skip ques anyways
    yes, that is exactly what my post was about. i had quoted someone saying they would quit if this update happened. a bunch of people quitting means less people in the icecrown que. it was a jab at all those saying they would quit.

6. Seems like its gonna be a yes, but I wouldn't like it.
    If it goes through then guess we gotto raid opposite side cities more ! hype this

7. This, I hate alliance. I refuse to BG with them. Must be optional or not at all. alliance will never have to play with horde but horde will have alliance bastards. **** no if you ask me. but if you must, make it optional.

8. This, I hate alliance. I refuse to BG with them. Must be optional or not at all. alliance will never have to play with horde but horde will have alliance bastards. **** no if you ask me. but if you must, make it optional.
    read the whole post. horde will not be grouped with alliance. merc mode will be alliance vs alliance. only 1 team will look like horde.

9. YOU ARE WRONG.

"While playing as a Horde player, Alliance players will take form of their Horde counter-parts. "

I take this to mean the alliance players will play with horde players, only they will look like horde.

10. YOU ARE WRONG.

"While playing as a Horde player, Alliance players will take form of their Horde counter-parts. "

I take this to mean the alliance players will play with horde players, only they will look like horde.
    they've explained it several times within the 26 pages. while an alliance player is playing as a horde they will look like a horde. but they won't get grouped with other hordes. what will happen is if there is say 10 horde in que, and 30 alliance, 10 horde and 10 alliance will get into a bg. and the other 20 alliance will be split into 2 teams of 10 and get into a bg, 1 group of 10 will take on the appearance of horde just for that bg.

11. Really at this point there should be a repoll. Half the people don't even understand it

12. If you do this I'm afraid you would totally ruin PvP. Please!! Don't do this! The cross realm BGs are bad enough! I'd rather have extremely long wait times than messing with the system like this. Well, the majority wins I guess but this does NOT sound like a good thing and infact I hate it with a passion.

13. no problem,but a switch is supported

14. Why is so important for some that they will look like a horde? It's a fictional character either way. I'd rather have something to play disguised as horde rather than waiting a lot of time. :)

And this could also be fun. I always wanted to kill some allies, and I will be able to do it without rolling horde.

15. Too many players did not understand how this mercenary mode works.

Basically in SOME occasion there are gonna be "Ally vs Ally" BGs. ( one of these 2 groups will have a temporary "horde visual aspect" to avoid confusion among players).
    That is it.

Why? Because queing as Alliance requires between 7-12 mins due to "Crossrealm" + "BG gear separation". ( before it was between 4-7 min)

So as Horde nothing change.
    You have instant queue -> you will still have instant queue
    you have Ally vs horde BG -> you will still have Ally vs Horde Bgs

Those Ally vs Ally Bg will be triggered only by Alliance players who have been in queue for too long

First ... 1624252627283676 ... Last