View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. July 1, 2019  
    Okay, this is worse the before, far worse. In the previous setup horde could actually win. This time Icecrown BiS simply tick the horde mode on, and play premades all day. Waiting time for an alliance BG is 10 minutes, and there is almost zero chance to win. So far I hoped Warmane seriously tries to fix the BG ibalance problem, now I understand that they simply lack the will to prevent BiS groups dominating all BGs against undergeared people, regardless of faction. There are two ways to go forth from this: abandon merchenary mode alltogether, since waiting times for alliance are horrid anyway, or make merc mode utterly random for all realms (not tickable), and thus create random aka balanced BGs. I think I am done playing battlegrounds if this won't be solved within the week. I would appreciate if a mod would acknowledge and communicate forward the concerns here.

And no, it is not a good business model. This way you will scare away potential new customers. this is the only active pvp only server I know of, so you could have customers.

2. July 2, 2019  
    This time Icecrown BiS simply tick the horde mode on, and play premades all day. Waiting time for an alliance BG is 10 minutes
    Can someone confirm that 10 mins average queue time for alliance?
    What we are seeing from our side are some alliance small pms being placed at horde side. Queue times seems to be decent, but let's see in those following days. You have the benefit of the doubt for now.

3. July 2, 2019  
    Can someone confirm that 10 mins average queue time for alliance?
    What we are seeing from our side are some alliance small pms being placed at horde side. Queue times seems to be decent, but let's see in those following days. You have the benefit of the doubt for now.
    Thats kinda true, last few days we got queue time like 10 mins idk why.

4. July 2, 2019  
    after playing a sample of bgs on my alliance blackrock and lordaeron horde toons, the system seems to be working great 'cause it's no more of full relentless blackrock alliance teams in horde - the numbers seem evenly split up. horde has gotten stronger, alliance queue times have increased a bit but it's not a huge issue in my eyes as this new balance may make some alliance opt-in for merc.

5. July 2, 2019  
    can confirm this, both sides seem now more mixed and balanced how it should be.
    only down side is high q-times on blackrock allyside.

6. July 2, 2019  
    Even if are satisfied from the current situation, all this happened at what price?? This whole game is based on factions (the rpg part of mmorpg) and now you heal a person that will stab you next bg.

This is now a fun server.

7. July 2, 2019  
    Even if are satisfied from the current situation, all this happened at what price?? This whole game is based on factions (the rpg part of mmorpg) and now you heal a person that will stab you next bg.

This is now a fun server.
    Well, I mean, this expansion is almost 11 years old. That faction topic should be worn out by now, there are far more important aspects to adress than such peanuts, so cut the cringy roleplaying-talk please.

8. July 2, 2019  
    Well, I mean, this expansion is almost 11 years old. That faction topic should be worn out by now, there are far more important aspects to adress than such peanuts, so cut the cringy roleplaying-talk please.
    This is an RPG game and I would not be surprised if most people came here for the PVE experience. If anything, the needs of the PVP community are the peanuts in the overall picture, so it stands to reason that factions will always matter to the majority of the players. Anyway, unless something has changed, mercenary mode is not suppose to mix factions.

9. July 2, 2019  
    With this mode is possible to see the fail of the logic. Horde that win a BG actually using only an ally premade. This is the most awful thing ever seen. A faction that win using another faction.

10. July 2, 2019  
    I play both sides and let me tell you a secret.... if you run with a premade of 5+ ppl who can actually play you will have a 90% win rate. If you solo qued as horde with the previous system u were guaranteed a loss. Now on both sides solo que is about 50/50 win ratio for both HORDE and ALLIANCE and the 90% win rate with premade is still 90% on either side. They know about these issues as some GMs actually do play the game and seem to be doing their best to fix the issues but you know what they say.... "you can't please everyone"

11. July 3, 2019  
    The only thing I'm 100% convinced of is that, no matter what Warmane does, people will continue to come to this thread and cry their eyes out like the little babies they are. It's really pathetic.

12. July 3, 2019  
    I'm loving this! Let's see how this plays out

13. July 3, 2019  
    BGs are so much better now thank you for making it optional

14. July 3, 2019  
    > make a draenei
    > make an awesome tmog set
    > turn on Mercenary mode
    > become an ugly cow for next 50 + games
    lul

but horde winrate goes up, thanks for that

15. July 3, 2019  
    > make a draenei
    > make an awesome tmog set
    > turn on Mercenary mode
    > become an ugly cow for next 50 + games
    lul

but horde winrate goes up, thanks for that
    It's definitely good for Alliance queue time, but has Horde win rate really gone up? Alliance losing to a team of Alliance masquerading as Horde shouldn't count as a Horde win, should it? Perhaps I should enable mercenary mode to see if factions are indeed not mixed in this "same-faction mercenary mode" as promised in the first post.

First ... 24647273747576 ... Last