View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. July 3, 2019  
    On second thought, since Alliance premade teams can now enable mercenary mode, Horde will now face fewer Alliance premade teams. I suppose that part does favor Horde.

2. July 4, 2019  
    Is it possible to make it so I can talk to my guildies or friends on my faction while I'm in a BG as the opposing faction? There are also seem to be some issues with NPC's of BG factions (a friend couldn't hand in quests for AB after having played a game as Horde) and reputation in general. If you're working on the Justicar/Conqueror titles and get drafted to the opposing faction, you'll be given an incentive to lose the game since you get reputation gains when the enemy caps the flag.

3. July 4, 2019  
    just make it factionless for battlegrounds, let humans and undead play on same team.

4. July 4, 2019  
    just make it factionless for battlegrounds, let humans and undead play on same team.
    Please don't. Perhaps they can revert the changes for Blackrock and make that realm's BG factionless. That place is like the Twilight Zone anyway.

5. July 4, 2019  
    instead of going through all that ridic amount of effort the staff could have simply given a horde race EMFH and get it over with, but nah this is more blizzlike

6. July 4, 2019  
    gota recognize you did a good job with the opt-in. thank you.

7. July 4, 2019  
    Yeah big thanks for the opt-in. I think the issue that became was all rele 245 heroes from br messed up the horde teams too hard. Been doing bgs every day whole week and im using the opt-in and I really do feel the 50/50 win rate no matter the team I get.

8. July 4, 2019  
    The queues remain short now and the win ratio favours Horde right now actually. Those who do not prefer the system and can take the slightly longer queues do not have to participate in the system.

And yes, the numbers refer to the better geared bracket. For now, we consider the issue as resolved.

9. July 4, 2019  

10. July 4, 2019  
    instead of going through all that ridic amount of effort the staff could have simply given a horde race EMFH and get it over with, but nah this is more blizzlike
    EXACTLY. Or nerf EMFH, or add gemslots to the PvP trinkets. But no. THIS was how they chose to "fix" the imbalance problem. It's like turning your house round and round to screw in a lightbulb instead of just turning the damned bulb. They didn't want to mess with the racial because it's "not Blizzlike". So instead, we now have the most positively UN-blizzlike thing of what is essentially a factionless WoW. It really wasn't that hard. You made it MUCH harder than it needed to be.

11. July 4, 2019  
    The queues remain short now and the win ratio favours Horde right now actually. Those who do not prefer the system and can take the slightly longer queues do not have to participate in the system.

And yes, the numbers refer to the better geared bracket. For now, we consider the issue as resolved.
    Hi, can you clarify a few points?
    1) Mercenary mode still does not mix factions. When Alliance is placed on Horde side, entire Horde team is composed of Alliance players.
    2) If the point above is true, matches where Alliance wins as Horde in mercenary mode is not counted in your faction win ratio calculations.

Thank you.

12. July 4, 2019  
    Hi, can you clarify a few points?
    1) Mercenary mode still does not mix factions. When Alliance is placed on Horde side, entire Horde team is composed of Alliance players.
    2) If the point above is true, matches where Alliance wins as Horde in mercenary mode is not counted in your faction win ratio calculations.

Thank you.
    Mercenary Mode is mixing faction since its introduction.
    So yes, even with recent change it is still the same. Horde team is made by real horde + ally mercenary

13. July 4, 2019  
    We will not be mixing Horde or Alliance together, there is no mixing of factions.
    That is not what the original post on mercenary mode states. See first post of this thread.

14. July 4, 2019  
    That is not what the original post on mercenary mode states. See first post of this thread.
    ye, and so what?

I am telling you how it is working.

Mercenary Mode have been up since half April. So you can see by your own how it is working. Just join a BG

15. July 5, 2019  
    You are correct. Mecenary mode does indeed mix factions. As Alliance we now get to have our cake and eat it, too. I do wish they will be able to fix all the bugs associated with faction change during BGs. Personally, the best thing that came out of this is the ability to disable transmogrifications.

First ... 25657374757677 ... Last