View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. What if alliance players get chosen to play on horde side and don't want to kill their alliance friends and just try to screw over the horde side by not doing objective or attacking other alliance players?

2. - Chaos bolting the troll hunter...
    - Shadowmelt
    - What?
    Yep. Here you have an immediate problem to your theory. People will have harder times "mind reading" the opponent's racial, than figuring out "RED" means "ENEMY".
    But whatever man....lol. really.

3. So imagine there are 8 hordes in queue and 20 allys. 8 hordes are not enough for any of the battlegrounds (required players for the smallest battleground is 10 each side). No matter if horde are with priority they wont be called for any battleground first because they are only 8 in que second because there is no mix horde+ally vs ally. This leads to battleground 10 ally vs 10 ally and in the que only 8 hordes are left and 0 allys. While the allys are in battleground fighting each other and farming honor the hordes still remain in que.
    As you said this will not affect horde racial change (fight for alliances) and also will not mix horde+alliances in one team.
    Conclusion:
    From horde perspective implementing this mode will make queues for them much longer. Example is the above mentioned scenario.
    Alliances will have benefit from this mode as long as they will be able to fight alliances vs alliances. Less queue time.
    Alliances will fight against themselves in the battleground because of lack of hordes and hordes will die in que because alliances are busy fighting against .. guess what? ALLIANCES.
    Staff answer this pls...

4. I think the idea is very good, but, there are a lot of players that wouldn’t like to play as Horde, you guys should make an npc available for the player to Sign on the mercenery mode, like the npc to stop the player from gaining XP.

5. You wrote at the opening post -
    "and you won't find you and your friends (whether in a party of 5 or a custom premade of more) on opposing sides"
    Does that mean that for example a party of 5 can find themselves all at Horde side? or premade=alliance only?

6. ok so, i'll ask this again because my comment was deleted:

if alliance gets turned into horde: do they keep their racials? that means, will you see an orc with meld or an undead with "every man for itself" racials? because for pvp thats a significant advantage/disadvantage.

think it this way: you are a human with trinket-like racial, so you queue WITHOUT alliance trinket and bum: you get morphed into an ORC.
    if racials are changed to match the corresponding race then such player will be in a huge trouble, having lost its trinket-like racial and having no trinket equiped.

7. Would the "race" be assigned randomly or pre-defined?

8. I would like to clear something up for some people because it wasn't clear for me in the original post and I know it wasnt for other people:

There will still be Ally vs Horde, and there will be Ally vs Ally, but no Ally vs Horde+ Ally, no mixing factions.

I am less opposed to the change now that I understand this.
    Horde population will still surely drop, but now I anticipate have all the noobs of the Horde switching faction to Ally for "OP trinket" (noobs), and the PvP Elite of the Horde will stay. I think this might boost the win rate of the Horde. This is all jsut speculation though

9. Most people choose Alliance because of the ridiculously overpowered (Human) Racial, good PvP Players will go to Alliance for the Racial and thus the Alliance dominates even more.

10. you guys always talk about "retail like" now you are voting against what is retail like. Sorry this was NOT implemented during wotlk regardless of what the OP says....i mean in that case lets make LFR bc its retail like but not wotlk like...js

why is there such a focus on pvp while we are on the topic? the pve side which is by far the larger player base is still suffering from boss scripts not working or class scripts being broke for years. why not fix those first?

imo its another pointless ploy and gimmick that again will net nothing and be hated a year later. you can only polish a turd so much.

11. BTW: NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID LOOKS!

It's your fault if you play WoW to be a dumb Human with no class because you can't appreciate a fantasy race. Get over it!

12. If I have understood well, with this system Alliance people who are in surplus in the queue, have their skin changed to Horde and put against other Alliance people, so they don't have to wait for same number of Horde to queue.
    I think this is a very good idea to make bgs start faster for everyone, maybe the only downside could be that pvpers don't really feel any incentive to play Horde anymore, since the overall perception is that Alliance has better racials, therefore better pvp. Some people could think that giving also faster/instant queue to Alliance takes away their only downside, and there is no reason to stay Horde anymore.

13. Battlegrounds here are basically donors(alliance), farming non donors(horde).

14. Overall, after reading come of the comments, it is a bad idea. Not only it ruins the game experience as you have to fight against the players from your faction but it also ruins the blizzlike feeling, especially on Lordaeron. I played for a long time on Icecrown, leveled up, geared up for PVP and then it started to have super long queue, everybody got items from donations and so on. Therefore, the blizzlike experience was ruined (not to mention the bad idea, very bad idea - to put it nicely, to include Blackrock in the cross-realm bg's). So, I rolled Lordaeron, x1 server, everything old school, supposedly a very nice experience overall.
    Now, this"idea" of having mercenary bg's came up, well, tell me - is it worth leveling up x1 and working hard for items when you have Blackrock players that get their gear in a second and you have to bust your *** on Lordaeron to level up and gear up? I left a server because of this mercenary bg's idea and from what I read here, others did as well. You rolled ally and you have long queue times and you don't like it? Very simple, roll horde. Stop treating everybody like they are some little kids, snowflakes everywhere. That's how they made their bed, that's how they sleep in it. Plain and simple.

15. Assuming I understand this correctly, this change will help balance factions. I'll faction switch to Tauren just so i don't have to deal with going against horde costumes with random alliance racials. Also, I imagine going against other alliance as a "costumed" horde will cause rivalry between guilds and players in the Alliance faction. I'm not sure if I'll lol or rage quit the first time I see a fat *** cow shadowmeld. No bueno.

First ... 917181920212969 ... Last