View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Well You ruined it by adding Blackrock to the ques with is like 95% Alliance, Now youre trying to make another ****ty update that will ruin the server, good job.

2. sure. might shut some of the forum whiners up for a while.
    I'm against it because I think horde needs to get good, but if it ends up being yes and it stops the whine syndrome would be enough of a success.

3. The lack of monthly fee is the main reason Warmane has so many players. If income is the problem, establish a fee, lose 70% (probably) of the players and that will be that.
    On topic: the cross-realm option is more than enough to fill most of the lack of players. The inbalance of factions can be adressed by allowing free transfers from one side to the other, if that is the problem. Just my opinion.
    I meant no offence to staff, if my tone may have indicated so or tried to undermine the work that has gone into Warmane. I honestly wish you succeed in future development!
    The main reason i play here instead of retail is because i like WOTLK expansion. But this doesn”t feel like WOTLK anymore. BFA looks good just about now.

4. Time to quit wow i think. Too much has changed. First Blizzard keeps changing the game. Then nostalrius went down. Now this is changing. WHY CANT THINGS STAY THE SAME.

5. I think if you will get a reward for playing as a mercenary it would be really nice . Just give 100g each time you are a mercenary !

6. I love the salty die hard role players on the forums complaining about the way their character is going to look in a battleground. Like seriously you would rather have 15 mins queues just so you can sit on ur fence post in durotar instead of playing the game. SMH and these are the people who speak on the forums. This is a great idea and any idea that reduces queue times on this dead game is a great idea.

7. i think you like to kill your realms one by one, Icecrown is the last one that have to kill. You're almost there...

8. and how are they killing it? By creating shorter queue times? Right...

9. I prefer 5vs5 or regular wsg Ally vs Ally like arena. But not more.
    This mercenary mode thing will ruin game's rpg mechanics.

And this project will only help Lordaeron and Blackrock. I don't believe Icecrown is really needing this stuff

10. PvP was already ruined by multi-boxers. Now you want to ruin it even further with this?

11. I love the salty die hard role players on the forums complaining about the way their character is going to look in a battleground. Like seriously you would rather have 15 mins queues just so you can sit on ur fence post in durotar instead of playing the game. SMH and these are the people who speak on the forums. This is a great idea and any idea that reduces queue times on this dead game is a great idea.
    if you are alliance u have to have longer que times than horde! You are the one who went easy way and choosed dominating pvp faction!

12. I prefer 5vs5 or regular wsg Ally vs Ally like arena. But not more.
    This mercenary mode thing will ruin game's rpg mechanics.

And this project will only help Lordaeron and Blackrock. I don't believe Icecrown is really needing this stuff
    Lordaeron doesn't really "need" it either, Blackrock seems to be the server with the biggest faction imbalance.

13. First I thought this might be a good idea, but after reading and thinking about it, I've come to conclude that this will only bring advantages to the Alliance, and disadvantages for the Horde.

Alliance gets to play horde and see all the strats and movements the horde does in BG, but not the other way around. I can also already anticipate having Alliance players sabotaging BGs on purpose for the Horde, either by doing wrong objectives (capping GY in alterac, going mine in arathi ect), trash talking all bg long, or just being a useless player cause they're facing their friends and people they know. How do you report such behaviour? Take a screenshot that will be disregarded because it not proof enough?
    Alliance sabotaging BGs WILL HAPPEN, and some will be smarter then others about it.

If people change faction after this is implemented, it will be from Horde to Alliance. Why would an Alliance that already gets to play Horde change faction?
    After this change, Blackrock people will create Humans/Night elf only. Why chose a faction when you can be both all while having the better racials?

What benefit does the Horde get out of this? Nothing at all, we will have enemies and spies in our ranks, same queues, same rewards, and a mass desertion on our faction.

This might balance the queue times, but it will make the Factions even more unbalanced then they already are.

For this to be fair for Hordes, Hordes should get more rewards (honor/gold, whatever), for playing Horde as a Horde character. Else the only reason to stay Horde is to play with the people you know on this faction (if they don't all faction change).

Or, cancel this idea and just make Free faction changes from Alliance to Horde. To me this makes a lot more sense then a one sided mercenary system.

As a Horde player, I vote no. Not because of the queue time, but because Horde is already the underdog faction, and this will only bring disadvantages to the Horde and benefits to the Alliance. THIS IS NOT A FAIR TRADE.

14. Are you kidding me! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo, don't make us horde go to the dark side

First ... 6789101858 ... Last