View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. NO

Pvp became lopsided bc all pvp players made a choice to roll alliance.

Let em deal with long wait times in exchange for never losing.

You want to be horde ****ing faction change..

2. This is a pointless change in the grand scheme of thing and will solve nothing like in retail

most allys wont go to que as horde even if they can save some time becouse hordes win rate is much lower. Even if que is instant it will still take longer to get a win if you have a way bigger chanse of losing-

the faction balance will not chane becouse it will give the ally the option or have low que time or high winrate. takeing away probebly the only reason to main horde pvp so if anything it will get worse

3. How can i turn the mercanary mode on? I play on blackrock a human warlock but the queue for BG's is like 10 min long how can i activate mercenary mode and swap to horde so queue is for me and all other people shorter? Did they implement the mode yet or not?

4. How about enabling it for Blackrock players only? If statistics are correct https://www.warmane.com/information it's the only Wrath realm with disballanced A/H ratio. Now, I understand that actual ratio of players who join battlegrounds on Lordaeron and Icecrown might be a different from general player ratio, but I can't imagine it being that much off (guess reinforced by the fact that before Blackrock joined the crossrealm system, queues on aliance side were ok, if not instant). On bonus side, Blackrock is pvp only realm, and as such, I can't see a problem with even all the players being aliance (which will not happen).

5. How about enabling it for Blackrock players only? If statistics are correct https://www.warmane.com/information it's the only Wrath realm with disballanced A/H ratio. Now, I understand that actual ratio of players who join battlegrounds on Lordaeron and Icecrown might be a different from general player ratio, but I can't imagine it being that much off (guess reinforced by the fact that before Blackrock joined the crossrealm system, queues on aliance side were ok, if not instant). On bonus side, Blackrock is pvp only realm, and as such, I can't see a problem with even all the players being aliance (which will not happen).
    Thats not a bad idea. I had similar thoughts. There is a dispropotional A/H ratio on the Icecrown server, dont know about lordaeron, i played icecrown and it was unbalanced. Not as extreme as it is on blackrock tho.
    Enabling the mode only on blackrock would maybe balance out icecrown and lordaeron PvP? There are around 900 people playing on blackrock and literally 99% of them play there for PvP. Maybe it is enough to balance the ratio?!

6. Let me repeat the main question of my last post, what possible reason would a player have to roll or to stay Horde, if queues on Alliance are instant,
    What possible reason would a player choose to roll alliance for?
    If you think Horde population will disappear, Think again.

What if I told you that people choosing Horde cares 0% about alliance just simply because they don't like them.
    People will play what they want to play, No one wants to be "Forced" to faction change, Don't try implying that implementing this will force players to faction change.
    People have always rolled Alliance for their own reasons just as Horde has their's.

All this talk is just pure speculations.

7. So lets say you implement this,tell me 1 reason to stay horde then?Alliance already has far better arena racials,far more experienced players and more pvp guilds.So by giving them the only thing people chose not to be alliance (which is sa long que time for bgs) how would this help you in any way?People go horde mainly to bg because of the que not exactly to do arenas.By removing the que time on allaince people have it all there,no need for being a horde player then.All that will remain on horde will be people raging that they lose every bg and that they cant wait to go alliance.There should be a balance..On alliance you have better arena racials,more pvp guild,more players to play with and to partner with..on horde you have a faster que and people are slightly better at pve.What will remain oh horde then? Pve'rs? lmao

8. We are considering the idea where only Blackrock Alliance players will be considered as Horde players and this would only be enabled when the pool of players is smaller and queues become long. The poll clearly shows that the players prefer the idea, however, this was just a collection of opinions in a week.

We will still discuss internally and look at data and think whether we will implement it.

9. We are considering the idea where only Blackrock Alliance players will be considered as Horde players and this would only be enabled when the pool of players is smaller and queues become long.
    Sounds like a great compromise.

10. Supposedly, there is approximately around 25k people in total across all realms at all times but only 4.5 k vote, alright Warmane,keep your secrets...

11. Supposedly, there is approximately around 25k people in total across all realms at all times but only 4.5 k vote, alright Warmane,keep your secrets...
    you do realize most people don't visit the forums right? and i doubt many read ingame notices which means most likely didn't know there even was a poll.

12. That mercenary mode feels wrong to me, so i'm going to say NO.

13. We are considering the idea where only Blackrock Alliance players will be considered as Horde players and this would only be enabled when the pool of players is smaller and queues become long. The poll clearly shows that the players prefer the idea, however, this was just a collection of opinions in a week.

We will still discuss internally and look at data and think whether we will implement it.
    I somehow think that the Blackrock people just might end up joining as hordes all the time.;) The imbalance was existent on ICC long before this merge had happened.Anyhow,so long it fixes the que.

14. Please do not do this, if anyone wanted to play different faction, they would roll it.

15. Those bg ques on ally side can be sometimes terrible, so im up for anything that would make a bg pop up a bit faster

First ... 21293031323341 ... Last