View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Just transfer to alliance side and farm blackrock crap geared skillers.

2. Facts? Welcome to the internet. It's kinda obvious that everyone is giving a feedback based on his personal experience. And which kind of facts should we get here: screenshots? The majority of the Blackrock players wear relentless/toc hc gear, which is nothing compared to the amount of wrath/icc hc/rs hc geared players from Icecrown. It's an entire arena season gap. Most of those Blackrock players are also trying new specs/classes which they are not experienced with. But if you really don't find it so unbalanced I guess you have nothing against the idea to extend the Mercenary Mode to Icecrown and Lordaeron alliance players, right?
    I do, given the fact that I want to keep the faction rivalry on the realms i play on. So basically, i think making blackrock be mercenaries dont harm them at all since they do not care where they play. But I do, and again, this is a MMORPG, not a MOBA. I do care about what faction I play in.
    Then again, if people are all in favor of having everyone be a mercenary from any realm, then i cant do anything about that.
    I just think it would take something out of the game. considering for example that since factions can pvp outside of bgs and arenas, like ganking lows or tanaris fights, etc, then all of that is kind of taken out just cause some of you think there is some kind of imbalance, where again, i dont think there is any right now.

3. So, can we get a single reason why the "solution" that you found is in any way better than not doing anything at all?
    yes, queues are faster. and that was the problem that they tried to solve.

4. Just transfer to alliance side and farm blackrock crap geared skillers.
    What do you mean skillers? Do you mean the average Blackrock player is better at the game than the average Icecrown guy? If so, then you're correct.

5. What do you mean skillers? Do you mean the average Blackrock player is better at the game than the average Icecrown guy? If so, then you're correct.
    yeah... the amount of bgs i lose against full blackrock teams is insane. they have the skill way above the average. gear doesnt matter for **** since they come with a minimal gear to fight good enough where skill makes the difference. and we are talking about basic grouping tactics and **** like hybrids doing dispells and healing. aside of that, they team up like 3s teams inside the bg.
    so yeah...i want to see those solid facts people have to cry about, so we can remove a working feature (solves the problem that was proposed: faster queue times) , and place a ******ed **** instead where the whole server becomes a MOBA. kids man..

6. I do, given the fact that I want to keep the faction rivalry on the realms i play on. So basically, i think making blackrock be mercenaries dont harm them at all since they do not care where they play. But I do, and again, this is a MMORPG, not a MOBA. I do care about what faction I play in.
    Then again, if people are all in favor of having everyone be a mercenary from any realm, then i cant do anything about that.
    I just think it would take something out of the game. considering for example that since factions can pvp outside of bgs and arenas, like ganking lows or tanaris fights, etc, then all of that is kind of taken out just cause some of you think there is some kind of imbalance, where again, i dont think there is any right now.
    Yeah, YOU wanna keep the faction rivarly on the realms YOU play on. Maybe most of the Blackrock players don't care about the faction roleplaying and they have choosen the alliance faction just for the racial benefits but I can't handle how you feel right to fight alongside alliance players in disguise while you are playing your horde toons, since you seem to care about this aspect of the game. Kind of a double standard. The roleplaying aspect has already being taken away at this point, unless you think it's enough to fight with (or against) someone who looks like an undead or a troll, even if he has two trinkets or shadowmeld and he rides a frostsaber. So, now you have only two options: to remove Mercenary Mode or to enable it on Icecrown and Lordaeron. And again, Warmane may have achieved faster queues but I have already quoted the first post of this thread. You can read the first lines by yourself, where the "faction balance" is mentioned.

7. Can we also confirm that the alliance isnt complaining? Winning bg's all the time, camping graveyards. We really need to point this out, not that I place most of te Horde's players above allianceplayers in this regard, cause most likely they wouldnt complain either about this poor state, as long as they're not losing. That's how feeble people are, after all.. at the end of the day though, it's the Horde which has to endure this bull****, so they get a pass from being classified as feeble and pathetic... which is exactly what such people are, but apparently you're not allowed to speak the truth.

8. New feedback: I've just joined an Alterac Valley on my Alliance Blackrock toon. Wow error, I relog. I'm still inside the battleground but my EMFH racial is gone and I've got Will of the Forsaken. Good job, Warmane. I guess now we can roleplay as intended.

9. Dang lives hard as an Allianceplayer. :D

10. Aderes it is likely confirmation bias/perspective issue, I more or less keep track of how many bg's I win and lose (mostly because I actually need the honor and trying to maximize honor gain), and horde (aka blackrock + hardcore horde) loses much more than alliance, at least 70% of the BG's are losses. I also agree that Blackrock players are somewhat better at playing for the objective (gotta love the Eye of the Storm battles where the entire alliance moves in a single blob and always in a point-disadvantage until the end) - but the gear difference is nonetheless massive. I somewhat feel like Blackrock players were chosen to "solve" the que issue, something that will ultimately discourage peole from Blackrock since the amount of honor needed to be competitive is massive, and the farm is often unbearable. My personal tactic is to try to win the daily BG then go only for specific ones - theoretically Strand is the best BG for horde, but thats a horrid BG - I also like EotS and Arathi, sometimes Warsong simply because that is my favourite BG. Isle is winnable too. Alterac Valley has 100% alliance winrate.

On a different note - I play on Blackrock because I have limited time and I am only really interested in the pvp aspect of the game. That doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer playing on alliance, more or less I always played alliance - although on warmane my faction loyalty wavers a little due to the massive alliance advantage, and I can "feel for the horde" in this regard. Still proudly riding my frostsaber and using my alliance battle standard on my mercenary undead :D

For that matter, alternatively you could just end the honor requirement so Blackrock players wouldn't need to join BGs and suffer (suffering in case we have the pleasure of meeting 7 BiS warriors/DKs/Paladins with 3 BiS healer behind them, unreachably far) - but I guess that is the point. So either merc mode is enabled on all servers, which would make BGs balanced and interesting (such as on other servers I know of, like the Hungarian panda one), or just keep how it is, but see Blackrock players slowly melt away.

11. *New note: Arathi Basin BG, Icecrown alliance affliction warlock keeps poutting CoA on me and forgots Howl exists, an other affliction warlock while a dwarf ret pala keeps dispelling UA from him and manages to kill himself. And we still lose due to massive gs disadvantage.

12. all your proofs are just fake bull**** and the whine as well; the win ratio is still 50-50. And i play half bg ally half horde. The voted NO on poll, but i realized know that is the best thing ever done.

13. Can we also confirm that the alliance isnt complaining?
    I main alliance and i complain, cause raping blackrock crap geares players is not fun for me.
    yesterday i've played 21 games and lost 4. Solo que.
    90% hames were deep onesided and boring.

14. I main alliance and i complain, cause raping blackrock crap geares players is not fun for me.
    yesterday i've played 21 games and lost 4. Solo que.
    90% hames were deep onesided and boring.
    You're one of the very few exceptions to the rule.

15. Queues for alliance are back to 7+ mins without Blackrock in the pool

First ... 36444546474856 ... Last