View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%

1. Make it optional, please. I dont want to queue in BG and be horde by chance

2. After the gear brackets have been introduced I have lost literally every single solo queue as horde. It's almost hilarious how one sided the RBGs are in the higher brackets.
    Inb4 participate in PMs. I do but that's not the point. If you decide to also introduce this mercenary mechanic, there's absolutely zero (0) reason to stay horde. I feel like people say ''this kills the server'' on too many topics but I dare say this decision will snap the spine of the server if you decide to do it. I think this will be the beginning of the end honestly.

3. You know... IF in case "Horde dies out" do you honestly think warmane's staff will just ignore it and keep the mercenary mode active?
    "The end of the server"? More like the end of your intellect.

4. A majority of you guys are pseudo intellectuals who don't seem to understand this is a simple system to get us into PvP faster without forcing faction changes. You want to be upset over elitist things like character aesthetic. Threatening to leave the server if its implemented like children.

Good riddance in my opinion. Shorter queue most like which benefits Warmane even more.

Trim the fat.

5. Its not logical to make this thing only for Blackrock, that way everyone on Icecrown gets totaly ****ed, because he will only get premades or Blackrock players vs them. BG balance is already destroyed by premades. You have to make mercenary mode for every realm, or not at all, otherwise it will destroy the last bits of game balance in BGs.

6. Its not logical to make this thing only for Blackrock, that way everyone on Icecrown gets totaly f*ed, because he will only get premades or Blackrock players vs them. BG balance is already destroyed by premades. You have to make mercenary mode for every realm, or not at all, otherwise it will destroy the last bits of game balance in BGs.
    The average Blackrock player has like 1k gs less than the average icecrown player and also most of them are just in there with new chars (and speccs they never played before) to get honor for gear.

7. The average Blackrock player has like 1k gs less than the average icecrown player and also most of them are just in there with new chars (and speccs they never played before) to get honor for gear.
    I suggest you reconsider your statement by reminding you that Blackrock players begin starter gear which If I am not mistaken is about 5.5k gs while Icecrown players usually start from scratch.

8. I suggest you reconsider your statement by reminding you that Blackrock players begin starter gear which If I am not mistaken is about 5.5k gs while Icecrown players usually start from scratch.
    The average Blackrock player I meet in bgs is usually around 5.6k while the average ic player isn't that far away from 6.6k tbh with all those 6.9k smourne melees. Most blackrock bg players have barely any time played on their char and are just in there to get the wf offparts

9. There are geared players on both Realms/Factions.I dont think that it matters(for most of the ally players) as long as we can play more often- This is what we all want - SHORTER QUEUE TIME!!!it is true that average Blackrock players are more skilled,but who cares as long as we can play the game.What is the most important thing here is to not lose time in queue.I have few propositions and i hope that you will decide atleast to try them for a test period:
    1.Enable Mercenary for everyone
    2.Enable Mercenary for Blackrock players
    3.Remove Blackrock players from crossrealm BGS and enable Mercenary mode for them if you want(this will lower the queue time for everyone affected)
    Please Warmane try to lower the queue time - we all prefear to play the game instead of staying in queues.As some horde players are thinking that Mercenary mode will destroy the PVP for them,for us the Queue is killing our PVP exp and i know many players who dont want to play on the server until you fix this issue.

P.S:I know that mnay pple will tell me to go horde,but i wont leave my guild and my friends.

10. There are geared players on both Realms/Factions.I dont think that it matters(for most of the ally players) as long as we can play more often- This is what we all want - SHORTER QUEUE TIME!!!it is true that average Blackrock players are more skilled,but who cares as long as we can play the game.What is the most important thing here is to not lose time in queue.I have few propositions and i hope that you will decide atleast to try them for a test period:
    1.Enable Mercenary for everyone
    2.Enable Mercenary for Blackrock players
    3.Remove Blackrock players from crossrealm BGS and enable Mercenary mode for them if you want(this will lower the queue time for everyone affected)
    Please Warmane try to lower the queue time - we all prefear to play the game instead of staying in queues.As some horde players are thinking that Mercenary mode will destroy the PVP for them,for us the Queue is killing our PVP exp and i know many players who dont want to play on the server until you fix this issue.

P.S:I know that mnay pple will tell me to go horde,but i wont leave my guild and my friends.
    Horde seems to have way less gear overall and probably a lot worse winrates (that might be one of the reasons why everyone plays alliance)
    Before you keep going on complaining about alliance bg que times, PLEASE try Horde Blackrock soloque. Alliance has 10 minute que time for a 20 minute bg. Horde has 30minutes que time for a 2 minute arena match.
    At the moment you have the choice between two things as pvp player:
    - fast que times and getting rekt in bgs [Basically dead soloque for Blackrock players] (Horde)
    - slow que times for bgs but being at the general advantage in terms of pvp anywhere [Less dead soloque for Blackrock players] (Alliance)
    The que times only take this long because that many people go for the second option
    With a mercanary mode in place we have the following:
    -still fast que times and getting rekt in bgs [Completely dead soloque for Blackrock players] (Horde)
    -equally fast que times and being at a general advantage in terms of pvp anywhere [Maybe decent soloque for Blackrock players] (Alliance)

Now guess what faction will increase in popularity and guess what that means for a PvP server.

I have been on Blizzard PvP servers where the alliance side was just completely dominant, and trust me anyone who rolled horde on there was regretting it at least during the leveling phase (Bgs were still good there because of cross server bgs with all servers being under the same circumstances, here on warmane bgs will only get worse for horde players)

11. im agree, lets see whats happens netx

12. Hello there - i can understand your fears,but you should also understand that atm we are wasting way too much time in queue on Aliiance(its kinda sad - Donate to skip the queue only to end in another queue).This is why i want something to be done and most of the players who voted here agree with me(65% or 3,043 different IPs/players).Also i dont see the point in proposing something to the comunity and when most of them like the idea you sudently decide to turn it down without even testing it for some time.The Best option here(atleast from my point of view) is to enable Mercenary mode on Blackrock(after 1-5 mins in queue) - everyone who plays on Alliance knows how much worse the queue has become after adding Blackrock.It wont be a bad decision also to mix them with players from other realms.At least that way the Horde can learn that to win a Battleground you shouldnt zerg in 1 big group.

We can speculate all day what will happen,but noone knows what will happen.

I have been on Blizzard PvP servers where the alliance side was just completely dominant...
    There are also realms dominated by horde players.

13. We are considering the idea where only Blackrock Alliance players will be considered as Horde players and this would only be enabled when the pool of players is smaller and queues become long. The poll clearly shows that the players prefer the idea, however, this was just a collection of opinions in a week.

We will still discuss internally and look at data and think whether we will implement it.
    Yes this is a good compromise as blackrock is responsible for the inbalance in large part and also a good way to test the waters

14. @MaXiMuS54, the thing is, that your phase to "test the waters" will propably end up as a last phase as well. They are not going to try every possible idea of mercenary mode that people have come up with. I have spend so much time and resources on my Icecrown characters for sake of PvPing and now either we are stuck with: A: no mercenary mode = insanely long ques ending up with an AV premade. or B: Acceptable que times in cost of the Alliance side of their most earning realm suffering 4/5 times. So either I can delete my character on Icecrown and move to Blackrock, or be forced to go horde and die in boredom from the unbalanced corpse farming of premades+blackrock players vs Icecrown alliance plebs, as some of the most active PvP players on Icecrown alliance have already stopped playing actively with the current situation. So it comes down to All or nothing. Either we make mercenary mode for everyone (which would literaly be the solution for everything and something I would expect for high rated/instant realms with que time and balance issues) or not at all and cut out Blackrock realm from crossrealm BG (and possibly change Blackrock gearing system as it has always been an Arena realm primarily until recently). All or nothing is the only solution. If you want me to get into why the 2nd trinket thing going on by horde premade players who have been abusing instant que on horde side for ages doesnt matter I will get to that too in next post. But lets not delay the decitions about PvP situation on this server.

First ... 22303132333442 ... Last