View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Dear Warmane staff,
    However this might end up, thanks for the wonderful times,

2. If you enable Mercenary as optional for alliance on Icecrown, most of them aren't going to use it, they would rather deal with long ques. I don't think things will change much on horde side UNLESS you also make it optional on Blackrock. There is no sense is forcing ally onto horde on blackrock but NOT doing that on Icecrown. So in all, the server merge, the mercenary mode on Blackrock these last few months all to REDUCE ally que times, was completely pointless because alliance will WANT the longer que time when Mercenary mode goes live on Icecrown as (optional). So all this from the beginning was for.... absolutely nothing lol. You should have just left the servers alone to begin with :/ now horde pvp population is even lower on IC/Lor and I don't think they will be going back to horde anytime soon.

3. Dear Warmane staff,

Full BiS PvP arms warri with less than 1600 2v2 rating and 8k+ arena points. All this time I was wondering who in the world would like such stupidely imbalanced bgs which require absolutely 0 skill. Well, I got my answer now, thank you. I guess doing 3 hits every respawn wave is fun, as long as meaningless numbers go up?

4. Full BiS PvP arms warri with less than 1600 2v2 rating and 8k+ arena points. All this time I was wondering who in the world would like such stupidely imbalanced bgs which require absolutely 0 skill. Well, I got my answer now, thank you. I guess doing 3 hits every respawn wave is fun, as long as meaningless numbers go up?
    I don't know this person but I have to call BS on your post. If you spend 2 min to armory someone you can easily see that person has the 2200 2s achievement.

5. Dear Warmane staff,

Yep great job Warmane. Working as intended. You guys should be very proud.

6. I don't think things will change much on horde side UNLESS you also make it optional on Blackrock.
    Will be optional on all realms according to Malacos post.

7. I don't know this person but I have to call BS on your post. If you spend 2 min to armory someone you can easily see that person has the 2200 2s achievement.
    nice to see that he either bought the char (which isn't improbably since it had most of it's progress 2 years ago) or he found a decent Hpala to play 2s once. I still don't see how any non ******ed player can get any enjoyment out of 24/7 graveyard farming, regardless of what side you are on

8. Years of playing in this server the BG has never been as unbalanced as it is now. I played prior to molten wipe and by god was it painful playing as horde at times, but tolareble. This here, this is just pure agony. The only way to avoid it is to switch to alliance OR have warmane players (including alliance) to seek change. Not until horde starts using their brains and start purposely afking in every bg as a group to ruin alliance experience as warmane did to horde.

9. Years of playing in this server the BG has never been as unbalanced as it is now. I played prior to molten wipe and by god was it painful playing as horde at times, but tolareble. This here, this is just pure agony. The only way to avoid it is to switch to alliance OR have warmane players (including alliance) to seek change. Not until horde starts using their brains and start purposely afking in every bg as a group to ruin alliance experience as warmane did to horde.
    The win ratio is currently 55:45 between Alliance and Horde, for the last 50 hours. We believe the win ratio will remain like this, or possibly even improve. Like it was mentioned, we were not trying to improve the win ratio with mercenary mode but to address queue times. Win ratio was not that admirable before mercenary mode either. In fact, with our latest changes it's better than it has been for a long time.

The way we see the picture is a bit different than players. While a player might personally feel like they're losing all the time, we can actually see the number of wins and losses per faction. The reality is that crossrealm and mercenary mode didn't do much to change the win ratio which was not Horde favourable before either. It helped though for a majority of players to notice this. We cannot do much about this situation without going into deep custom changes that would change the meta of the game entirely. However, we can improve the mercenary mode so it rather improves the overall situation.

Our change, you can already find on your account panel on the website. It is an opt-in so you can participate in mercenary mode if you desire. If you do not wish to participate in it, you can disable it. It is turned off by default.

It can take 60 seconds for the changes to take effect and you must be logged out. Due to the reality of crossrealm and our update schedules, it might take a few days before all the changes are live on all three of our realms. Queue times should remain short.

10. Proterean you must be refering to Overall bg wins, which includes the Lower Grearscore bracket. Which horde win most of the time, which I believe is 4.5k gearscore or lower. But as for the second GS bracket (donor bracket) as we call it lol. I do not think the win ratio is close to that. So in all, if you're horde and like to pvp, stay under 4.5k GS and if you above 4.5k gs and like to pvp, go alliance.

11. The win ratio is currently 55:45 between Alliance and Horde, for the last 50 hours. We believe the win ratio will remain like this, or possibly even improve. Like it was mentioned, we were not trying to improve the win ratio with mercenary mode but to address queue times. Win ratio was not that admirable before mercenary mode either. In fact, with our latest changes it's better than it has been for a long time.

The way we see the picture is a bit different than players. While a player might personally feel like they're losing all the time, we can actually see the number of wins and losses per faction. The reality is that crossrealm and mercenary mode didn't do much to change the win ratio which was not Horde favourable before either. It helped though for a majority of players to notice this. We cannot do much about this situation without going into deep custom changes that would change the meta of the game entirely. However, we can improve the mercenary mode so it rather improves the overall situation.

Our change, you can already find on your account panel on the website. It is an opt-in so you can participate in mercenary mode if you desire. If you do not wish to participate in it, you can disable it. It is turned off by default.

It can take 60 seconds for the changes to take effect and you must be logged out. Due to the reality of crossrealm and our update schedules, it might take a few days before all the changes are live on all three of our realms. Queue times should remain short.

I look forward to seeing how this change affects the overall thoughts of the system and it's progression, thank you and the rest of the team for putting forth the effort.

12. Our change, you can already find on your account panel on the website. It is an opt-in so you can participate in mercenary mode if you desire. If you do not wish to participate in it, you can disable it. It is turned off by default.

But lets say i'm playing with 3 friends and one dont have mercenary mode enable, what happen? leader have prio and make the group mercenary?

13. nice to see that he either bought the char (which isn't improbably since it had most of it's progress 2 years ago) or he found a decent Hpala to play 2s once. I still don't see how any non ******ed player can get any enjoyment out of 24/7 graveyard farming, regardless of what side you are on
    This was my stance regarding current situation about graveyeard farming,

Not a huge fan of this solution, most of the people queuing on BG-s on Blackrock are undergeared and underskilled, making Alliance adventage situation even worse. And not quite sure if this change affected BG queue times at all.

and the screenshot I posted and the "gratitude" I expressed in the previous post was sarcastic. I don't know what your problem is, even if I bought my character, (which I didn't) and even if I never pushed my arena rating above 1.8, what's your message? I had all the other BG achievements and I wanted to get the last one as well. Right now I'm helping my 5k friend, to get wrathful gear, that's why we're struggling to climb up. You could also check his gear on the armory but instead you're flaming me for no reason at all when I gave you no reason to be butthurt.
    Have a nice day.

14. The win ratio is currently 55:45 between Alliance and Horde, for the last 50 hours.
    Which bracket? Time zone? You perfectly know which time span (and bracket) you have to check to see the real ratio. Check from 17 ST to 24 ST. That 55:45 is only a statistical average, without much meaning tbh.
    You also perfectly know what MM really changed. It changed the balances between factions. Shortening queue times resulted in a massive faction changing to alliance. Can you provide us those numbers also?
    Before things wasn't so bad, and it's not only a problem of "feeling", Surely horde was loosing because intrinsic disadvantage, but we had many good guilds to fight back. With MM those guilds are simply gone. THAT is the big fault of MM.
    I don't trust this change, we already tasted it and it's like eating rotten flesh

15. if Mercenary Mode is gonna be optional for all realms many alliance players will enable this option for instant BG join and that will reduce queue times for the whole server and also help with imbalance issue but if it isn’t available for Blackrock and they are still forced to be Mercenaries then it won’t change the situation much cause Icecrown and Lordaeron players already have short Q times and there is no reason for them to side with horde and get farmed.

First ... 18586667686970 ... Last