View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. stop trying to change my game.
    Properly interpreted as "Stop trying to limit my ability to abuse my superior came mechanics and farm the GY in every bg with my overgeared toy." I've said this numerous times: in order for a game to succeed, it must be both fun and challenging. Eventually (relative to your own persona maturity) you will tire of winning every single time. It's barely any more fun than losing every time. There's no challenge. This is evident by the number of alli players that have already complained that it's no fun anymore. It was unbalanced to begin with, but with solid premades, we could work around it as horde. You can't even do that anymore. Enjoy your GY farming...until you don't anymore. Which WILL happen. This server is dead.

2. Properly interpreted as "Stop trying to limit my ability to abuse my superior came mechanics and farm the GY in every bg with my overgeared toy." I've said this numerous times: in order for a game to succeed, it must be both fun and challenging. Eventually (relative to your own persona maturity) you will tire of winning every single time. It's barely any more fun than losing every time. There's no challenge. This is evident by the number of alli players that have already complained that it's no fun anymore. It was unbalanced to begin with, but with solid premades, we could work around it as horde. You can't even do that anymore. Enjoy your GY farming...until you don't anymore. Which WILL happen. This server is dead.
    Using game mechanics to one's advantage is how the game should be played. It is not my fault you have not figured out how to play a 10 year old game. I seriously doubt the situation was this bad before MM and cross-realms. EMFH is not why BGs are broken right now. I do wish they get rid of MM and cross-realms.

3. so stop trying to change my game.
    Stop trying to change your game? Warmane completely screwed the game for horde players on Blackrock/Lordaeron server by forcing us to play with blackrock players that alliance doesn't have to deal with. They completely changed the game for ACTUAL horde players and all you give a damn about is your self-absorbed self. Actually I think by adding EMFH to ONE horde race would have helped and been far LESS game-breaking than "Mercenary mode". How is adding EMFH to ONE horde race worse than forcing a faction to kill it's ownself in bgs (Mercenary mode). I don't support "Favortism" reguardless of which faction you play. But it's stupidly disgusting how much warmane favored alliance by purposly enabling Mercenary mode only on blackrock.

4. Two things. 1) If you read my posts you would know I am against MM. 2) As far as I can tell, Horde being screwed was just one of the unintentional consequences. There is no free lunch.

5. Using game mechanics to one's advantage is how the game should be played. It is not my fault you have not figured out how to play a 10 year old game. I seriously doubt the situation was this bad before MM and cross-realms. EMFH is not why BGs are broken right now. I do wish they get rid of MM and cross-realms.
    Who the **** wants to play a game with a built-in advantage for one side??? And then when they try to "fix it", they cater the "fix" to the side with the advantage - for some absolutely unknown reason. As I said before, the broken human racial USED to be able to be overcome using premades. But that is no longer the case. Now it's completely ****ed, and you still celebrate it. You keep harping about it being a ten year old game. Yes. It's a ten year old game with a ten year old problem. I've played it for three years. In the past year it has grown exponentially worse as quality horde players finally got tired of losing 70% of the time and bailed and went human. When I started, it was a very small advantage. When all the best horde guilds re-rolled alli, it became a MAJOR problem. Most of that happened in the past 6 months as ppl just simply gave up on their horde loyalty. The game didn't SUUUUCCKKK when I started. It sucks major *** now, and MM made it drastically worse. And there is STILLLL a solution. They just won't do it. In fact, there are NUMEROUS solutions, many of which don't involve the actual racial itself. Just an offset (or even a partial offset). But you cling to your bull****. Whatever.

6. Stop trying to change your game? Warmane completely screwed the game for horde players on Blackrock/Lordaeron server by forcing us to play with blackrock players that alliance doesn't have to deal with. They completely changed the game for ACTUAL horde players and all you give a damn about is your self-absorbed self. Actually I think by adding EMFH to ONE horde race would have helped and been far LESS game-breaking than "Mercenary mode". How is adding EMFH to ONE horde race worse than forcing a faction to kill it's ownself in bgs (Mercenary mode). I don't support "Favortism" reguardless of which faction you play. But it's stupidly disgusting how much warmane favored alliance by purposly enabling Mercenary mode only on blackrock.
    100% Yes. Thank you.

7. To the wise guys who made this mercenary mode.

Can you make Blackrock players group up in such a way that they will either be against alliance or against horde, and not let them team up/mix with alliance or horde. Like full blackrock vs either horde or alliance. I'm really tired of this ****. Been horde from the start. My only option now would be to quit bg's or chance faction to alliance.

Thanks.

8. When I started, it was a very small advantage. When all the best horde guilds re-rolled alli, it became a MAJOR problem. Most of that happened in the past 6 months as ppl just simply gave up on their horde loyalty.
    The Alliance advantage will remain small with clear trade offs (longer queue time, not as good PVE community) if Warmane is willing to get rid of MM. While some of your friends may not come back even if the changes are reverted, over time, fresh people will fill out the Horde ranks again. I myself have a Horde alt that I play from time to time.

9. My only option now would be to quit bg's or chance faction to alliance.

Thanks.
    And THAT'S exactly what I'm talking about, Jojo. THIS is precisely what has happened over and over and over again on this server in the past 6 months. I've watched stellar horde player after stellar horde player and eventually entire guilds switch to alli because really, who wants to lose in an unbalanced game every day? As I said: balance makes a healthy game. Imbalance equals the death of the game. Warmane needs to wake the **** up soon.

10. The Alliance advantage will remain small with clear trade offs (longer queue time, not as good PVE community) if Warmane is willing to get rid of MM. While some of your friends may not come back even if the changes are reverted, over time, fresh people will fill out the Horde ranks again. I myself have a Horde alt that I play from time to time.
    You're SOOO clearly full of ****. NO ONE will come back to horde unless and until they make it WORTHWHILE to come back. You are SOOOO ****ing delusional! Once they've made the switch, and are using the double trinkets, and winning 80% of their bgs, what on earth would make them come back????? Your server is a dead horse if they cannot figure this one point out.

11. You're SOOO clearly full of ****. NO ONE will come back to horde unless and until they make it WORTHWHILE to come back. You are SOOOO ****ing delusional! Once they've made the switch, and are using the double trinkets, and winning 80% of their bgs, what on earth would make them come back????? Your server is a dead horse if they cannot figure this one point out.
    Can you not read? If the changes are reverted, some people will join Horde for lower queue time and better PVE community as it has been the case for the past 10 years for any WotLK server. There are new people joining this server everyday. We just need to restore the previous balance so people have incentives to go Horde.

12. Two things. 1) If you read my posts you would know I am against MM. 2) As far as I can tell, Horde being screwed was just one of the unintentional consequences. There is no free lunch.
    Oh I read your post and I'm glad you agree with the removal of MM, it's a cancer and one that will only get worse. However, as far as MM being an "unintentional consequence" I am not so sure. When Warmane did the poll for MM and why everyone voted for it, as it clearly states to enable "On Icecrown, Lordaeron, Blackorck" all 3 REALMS. I'm pretty sure almost 100% if they had said "Oh, we only ment Blackrock at first, you didn't know that? haha". No one on horde side would have voted for this very obvious problem that's going on right now. As far as Warmane reverting, it may be too late for that. The Que times did need to be addressed, they were going to 25+ min for a single bg on alliance side. In another 5-6months, who knows an hour? or hour and a half?. What really caused this was them making TWO seperate GS brackets. But I think by adding the EMFH to one horde race and removing said horde race default racial, would have been a way better option. And if this was truely "unintentional" well that's a pretty good reflection of the type of developers we have on this server... p.s Alliance has been getting "Free Lunch" for about 4 months straight now :) do me a favor, and don't support favortism, thank you.

13. The win ratio is currently 55:45 between Alliance and Horde, for the last 50 hours. We believe the win ratio will remain like this, or possibly even improve. Like it was mentioned, we were not trying to improve the win ratio with mercenary mode but to address queue times. Win ratio was not that admirable before mercenary mode either. In fact, with our latest changes it's better than it has been for a long time.

The way we see the picture is a bit different than players. While a player might personally feel like they're losing all the time, we can actually see the number of wins and losses per faction. The reality is that crossrealm and mercenary mode didn't do much to change the win ratio which was not Horde favourable before either. It helped though for a majority of players to notice this. We cannot do much about this situation without going into deep custom changes that would change the meta of the game entirely. However, we can improve the mercenary mode so it rather improves the overall situation.

Our change, you can already find on your account panel on the website. It is an opt-in so you can participate in mercenary mode if you desire. If you do not wish to participate in it, you can disable it. It is turned off by default.

It can take 60 seconds for the changes to take effect and you must be logged out. Due to the reality of crossrealm and our update schedules, it might take a few days before all the changes are live on all three of our realms. Queue times should remain short.
    I think i read that someone from WARMANE STAFF, said something like:
    Alliance wins 55 bgs, Horde wins 45 bgs, out of 100 bgs.
    This was 2 days ago.

Keep arguing tho, and crying how Alliance wins all of the BGs.
    This thing Proterean said just doesnt matter, cos your personal opinion and feeling is more accurate.

P.S. Just merge the factions like it was some time ago on Blackrock.
    Who the hell cares if you have Orcs or Humans in your team, just as long as you get insta que, i doubt people will complain as much.

But as usual, whatever Warmane does for players, they will ALWAYS complain about it.
    All hail vocal minorities! :D

14. I think i read that someone from WARMANE STAFF, said something like:
    Alliance wins 55 bgs, Horde wins 45 bgs, out of 100 bgs.
    This was 2 days ago.

Keep arguing tho, and crying how Alliance wins all of the BGs.
    This thing Proterean said just doesnt matter, cos your personal opinion and feeling is more accurate.

P.S. Just merge the factions like it was some time ago on Blackrock.
    Who the hell cares if you have Orcs or Humans in your team, just as long as you get insta que, i doubt people will complain as much.

But as usual, whatever Warmane does for players, they will ALWAYS complain about it.
    All hail vocal minorities! :D
    The only problem with those numbers are. !- They go for ALL bg wins, meaning 10-19 bracket/ 20-29 bracket and so on. Where they are getting those numbers mainly are the LOW GS bracket and the HIGH GS bracket (donor). Horde does win 80% of the time IN THE LOW GS bracket. As far as the high GS bracket it's alliance. I also think they need to REMOVE blackrcok from IC/Lordaeron but keep the Mercenary mode active for Blackrock. And THEN remove the LOW GS bracket because honestly it caused the long que times on alliance side. Only members on IC/Lor can even get into the Low GS bracket.

First ... 21616970717273 ... Last