View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. Can you not read? If the changes are reverted, some people will join Horde for lower queue time and better PVE community as it has been the case for the past 10 years for any WotLK server. There are new people joining this server everyday. We just need to restore the previous balance so people have incentives to go Horde.
    Oh, I can read quite well. No need to attempt condescension, however poorly advised. Sadly, you are wrong. The mass exodus from horde to HUMAN (as opposed to alliance) has been happening for several months -perhaps a year. It began Looonngg before MM. Merc mode only served to accelerate it. Reversing MM will accomplish ZERO. The exodus began after several seasons of 2v2 results. 48/2, 49/1. You know the drill. The talented arena players left for greener pastures, and with them went some of their guilds and hangers-on. After that, several powerhouse alli guilds were formed, and began running full 15m premades with discord and the whole lot. After some serious *** whoopings with our 6 and 8 man PMs on horde side that we were only able to assemble, even more good PvP horde guilds also switched. And the balance (flawed as it was before) tilted even further toward alliance. You take one really good horde pvp guild and transfer it to alli, overnight the balance has shifted drastically. This happened over and over, as I watched friends switch to human. This process has continued for the past 6-12 months, tilting the power and gear and talent further and further to the alli side. This is exactly what I have observed. The racial is (as may have said) "Not that OP". Its is most definitely OP, but what is far more important is the ripple effect it has. Good players Min/Max. Period. And that min/max becomes a huge magnet. I've said before: there ARE alternatives. It will not change until something more fundamental changes on the server. Until then, I am refraining (I'll channel my energy and money elsewhere). My prediction remains. No one likes to lose all the time, and only sociopaths like to win all the time. The server is doomed unless they change.

2. P.S. Just merge the factions like it was some time ago on Blackrock.
    If the reworked MM doesn't work out then I see faction less BGs as the only solution.
    Sorting BG teams based on the gear would work so much better when there are no factions.
    As you said, no one really cares if he fights for the alliance or the horde. Having a balanced and challenging BG is far more important.

3. ...The server is doomed unless they change.
    Choosing to PVP as Horde in WotLK after 2010 has always been a move involving calculated risk. One should not attempt that unless there is a very good reason to do so. Any attempt to shorten Alliance queue time will obviously result in more PVPers joining Alliance. A balancing point between the factions in terms of PVP will naturally occur when PVP players of both factions find the situation tolerable. From experience, a win ratio of roughly 6:4, favoring Alliance, is where that sweet spot is. The point here is not what win ratio is acceptable, but that balance will naturally be restored, so long as we leave the mechanisms for it to happen remains in place. The fact is, whether it is with the old or new MM, there is very little reason to go Horde. For example, prior to MM, if Alliance find 25 minute BG queues to be unacceptable, they can either stop queuing or switch to Horde.

Now this is what I find interesting. After spending some time in both the higher and lowered gear brackets, I am surprised by the amount of BGs Alliance wins in the higher gear bracket while simultaneously losing in the lower geared one (yes, I am able to queue into both back to back using multiple alts). Perhaps Alliance players are lower skilled, and are simply carried by their average gear level? But this fails to account for Alliance's domination in arena (assuming arena players play in BGs). A more probable explanation is there are more extremely good and extremely bad Alliance players, which basically gives us a flattened bell curve with long tails on both ends.

Sorry, but I cannot explain why there was an exodus on Horde side that happened over the past year, because I was not here when it happened, and I don't want to spend time digging the forum to investigate this. My best guess is it is either caused by something Warmane put out or implemented, or it is just one of those natural occurrences that happens as a core group of people happen to quit WoW or something. The game has been rather stable for many years so I see your experience as an anomaly that will correct itself if Warmane can manage to leave it alone. I believe Warmane has enough population and reputation to pull through this.

4. But this fails to account for Alliance's domination in arena (assuming arena players play in BGs).
    I've explained the reason for the alliance domination (or, really, let's call it what it is: Complete Ownership) of arenas. Not ony are 49/50 teams all, but over 80% of 2v2 players in the top 50 teams are human. Coincidence?

Sorry, but I cannot explain why there was an exodus on Horde side that happened over the past year, because I was not here when it happened, and I don't want to spend time digging the forum to investigate this. My best guess is it is either caused by something Warmane put out or implemented, or it is just one of those natural occurrences that happens as a core group of people happen to quit WoW or something.
    I've already explained it multiple times. You simply choose to deny it.

5. I've explained the reason for the alliance domination (or, really, let's call it what it is: Complete Ownership) of arenas. Not ony are 49/50 teams all, but over 80% of 2v2 players in the top 50 teams are human. Coincidence?

I've already explained it multiple times. You simply choose to deny it.
    If this is what your argument comes down to, you won't be convincing anyone, and neither will your personal sob stories. Those arena statistics are well known facts, and is the price you pay for rolling Horde. I've heard that same argument since retail, except you are not dealing with Blizzard so QQing will not get you anywhere. I do think it is unfair that Horde should suffer for Alliance's short queues. There is no free lunch after all. Anything that involves MM or cross-faction (or perhaps anything that addresses Alliance queue times) will only further decrease the Horde PVP population.

6. All I have ever said is that an unbalanced game is a bad game, and people will eventually avoid playing it, which is what I'm doing. No sob stories. Just facts.

7. All I have ever said is that an unbalanced game is a bad game, and people will eventually avoid playing it, which is what I'm doing. No sob stories. Just facts.
    Those are not facts. They are conjectures at best. You are a very small minority anyway. The PVP community in general is already small to begin with.

8. July 1, 2019  
    Warmane's new horde racials:

Will of the AncientRiver (undead): Gives the player 2 minutes of immunity to Charm, Fear and Sleep effects. (2 minute cooldown)

AncientRiver Stomp (tauren): Stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards for 2 minutes.

etc. etc.

9. July 1, 2019  
    I have just lost 10 battlegrounds in a row. I'm 5.4k gs half pvp/pve because I'm trying to gear myself up getting matched with max 5,6-5,7k gs people (if lucky). Against me is full Alliance premade bis players with Shadowmourne x5 in one team (almost all of them are bis).
    How is this a fair and enjoyable experience? I don't understand why is there no cross-faction to balance this stupidity out, it's ****ing ruining everything and I'm thinking about leaving this server.

10. July 1, 2019  
    great now we have 15 minutes queue + 2 minutes prepartion for bgs... is this the end solution?
    Nothing has changed, everything is like before.

11. July 1, 2019  
    I see only premade alliance with 5x warrior/pally with frostmurne. I'm ally and if i join 100bg only 2 are in ally faction, rest 98 always horde. People getting tired to see all with frostmurne and 1shotted

12. July 1, 2019  
    great now we have 15 minutes queue + 2 minutes prepartion for bgs... is this the end solution?
    Nothing has changed, everything is like before.
    NVM, there is a button under Account -> Settings -> bottom left in the dark and cold corner.

13. July 1, 2019  
    I see only premade alliance with 5x warrior/pally with frostmurne. I'm ally and if i join 100bg only 2 are in ally faction, rest 98 always horde. People getting tired to see all with frostmurne and 1shotted
    Nice.
    I didn't know that http://cata.cavernoftime.com/item=33475 is now purchasable.

14. July 1, 2019  
    I just solo qued as an ALLIANCE HUMAN MAGE, and I LOST!
    Warmane, this is not funny, ok?!
    I LOST a god damn BG?! If I lose another one, by god, I am... I am... I am going to complain even more!
    Pls fix this, I dont want them horde nobs winning BGs.

P.S. They farmed us also at the starting graveyard, like, wtf?!

15. July 1, 2019  
    2 games playing as Mercenary on horde side - 2 wins(idk why hordes are crying soo much).Btw...i've found a bug - i cant attack some npcs(probably reputation related).Oh and i find 1 more thing annoying - while im on horde side i cant read/write to my guild on ally side

First ... 22627071727374 ... Last