View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. May 24, 2019  
    Hello Warmane players,

Just a small question regarding the last post's in this topic

You guys are asking for crossfaction BG but isnt mercenary mode exactly, that with the diference that character changes the model looks?
    Warmanes concept of mercenary mode is that allys can be placed on the horde side in a BG but not vice versa.
    The ally side consist exceptional of ally players while the horde is a mix of ally and horde.
    In consequence the ally side will always be favored because they tend to have the better geared players.
    Even when MM would be applied to Icecrown it wouldn't be possible to create balanced BGs because the pure ally side would remains stronger than the other side of a horde and ally mix.

Cross-faction BG means that players are treated faction less and can be placed on either sides of the BG.
    It has the advantage that it's possible to create a perfectly balanced BG with that system.
    Horde or alliance wouldn't matter anymore, instead the teams can be sorted depending on the gearscore and the role of each player.

2. May 24, 2019  
    Thank you for your answer truthwow1

So the conclusion i can take from reading this extencive discution is the human/player factor.
    On mercenary mode when players get faction change in to horde because system they just afk because they are faction loyalist and they want to their faction to win, honor points dont matter it is a question of faction loyalty.
    Regarding the balance on GS i think i is really hard to program the the diferent lvl's of GS because mercenary mode is based in to faster queues and not GS scores, from what i know it is realy hard to implement GS and fast queues at the same time, you have one or the other.

So in this case i agree with you that cross faction BG would be better just because you could implement the system into GS balancing for the queued players.

i hope that i explained my self correctly, english not the native language here :)

3. May 24, 2019  
    On mercenary mode when players get faction change in to horde because system they just afk because they are faction loyalist and they want to their faction to win, honor points dont matter it is a question of faction loyalty.
    Right now MM is only on Blackrock implemented. It's a instant 80 pvp realm with free starter gear. Ppl that play there mostly pick the race that gives them the most benefit in pvp. I don't think many players from there feel a faction loyalty.
    I assume that they go afk in BGs because they are either demotivated from all the loses or they just don't take they game serious (many consider Blackrock a fun realm).
    Regarding the balance on GS i think i is really hard to program the the diferent lvl's of GS because mercenary mode is based in to faster queues and not GS scores, from what i know it is realy hard to implement GS and fast queues at the same time, you have one or the other.
    Gear based BGs are already live. It's actually based on ilvl. Not sure if it would be technically possible to make it based on GS.
    There are currently two brackets: The low gear bracket for player until around 230 ilvl and the high gear bracket.
    The issue is actually that the high gear bracket includes 5k GS players but also BiS geared players with like 6,8k GS who obliterate the lower once.

Imo it would be neccesary to implement a third BG bracket for BiS geared players which starts with like 6k GS.
    However, that can only be implemented by making BGs cross-faction because there aren't enough BiS geared horde pvper for that.

4. May 24, 2019  
    LOL: http://armory.warmane.com/guild/OId+...ecrown/summary

The Old Division guild on alliance is just a smaller alt guild that has been around forever.
    except all their mains moved over there. coincidence? doubtfull.

5. May 25, 2019  
    except all their mains moved over there. coincidence? doubtfull.
    Yeah, I see that several of their top guys have gone ally in the last couple of days alone. Still more in the horde guild, but I does look like their main emphasis is shifting to ally.

Still interesting what happened to IDC Gotta Farm, though- they went ally after mercenary mode only to apparently decide that the grass wasn't greener over there and moved back to horde.

6. May 25, 2019  
    Vampsy, Draeneihunt, Cimemaniac - some of the most active bgers on Icecrown and all back horde after going ally. Doesn't exactly fit the narrative of this thread.

7. May 25, 2019  
    Yeah, I see that several of their top guys have gone ally in the last couple of days alone. Still more in the horde guild, but I does look like their main emphasis is shifting to ally.

Still interesting what happened to IDC Gotta Farm, though- they went ally after mercenary mode only to apparently decide that the grass wasn't greener over there and moved back to horde.
    what happen is simple...they move back to horde thinking to be heroes able to carry 3 vs 40 AV and the result is that nothing is change stomp is the stomp.
    when Ally lose atm is only because for an extremely rare case 10 greenie have joined in the same time eos/ab/wsg.

8. May 25, 2019  
    I actually agree that horde needs buffs right now. But I think it can be done WITHIN the current mm system and gear scaling system.

For example, I sometimes see green-geared Icecrown ally on my team in bgs- I'm talking 13k health guys. A Blackrock mercenary mode guy is a god compared to guys like that.

Why not throw at least one of those green-geared guys onto the ally side in every bg? A few of them for a 40 man bg like AV. Just enough to balance the bracket to something approaching a 50-50 win ratio.

9. May 25, 2019  
    Why not throw at least one of those green-geared guys onto the ally side in every bg? A few of them for a 40 man bg like AV. Just enough to balance the bracket to something approaching a 50-50 win ratio.
    What's the point of gear based BGs in the first place when greenies are throwed in the high gear bracket?
    You can't make BGs balanced like that.

10. May 25, 2019  
    What's the point of gear based BGs in the first place when greenies are throwed in the high gear bracket?
    You can't make BGs balanced like that.
    You can by controlling the right amount of the greenies. The problem right now is that a BiS icecrown guy is stronger than a full Relentless Blackrock guy. But if the team of mostly BiS guys has to carry a guy or two in green gear then overall the teams should be balanced.

11. May 25, 2019  
    Rever this mercenary mode and make an option for icecrown alliance to turn this mode in, so they will be thrown to horde side if they want fast ques.
    These plebs who want to play on alliance side without MM mode will sit in ques, these who want fast ques will turn on this mode.

12. May 25, 2019  
    You can by controlling the right amount of the greenies. The problem right now is that a BiS icecrown guy is stronger than a full Relentless Blackrock guy. But if the team of mostly BiS guys has to carry a guy or two in green gear then overall the teams should be balanced.
    I doubt that greenies would find it enjoyable to be abused as a punching bag.
    Also, I don't think that it would make BGs balanced.
    True balance can only be reached when everybody is equally geared.

13. May 25, 2019  
    Or just revert ? obvious nobody on icecrown server likes this update its for the worse, who wants to play against some toxic blackrock players and the next game they are in your team ?? its not healthy for the community but $$$ is more important ofc

14. May 25, 2019  
    Revert and free transfer ally horde, there’s no other way

15. May 25, 2019  
    Or just revert ? obvious nobody on icecrown server likes this update its for the worse, who wants to play against some toxic blackrock players and the next game they are in your team ?? its not healthy for the community but $$$ is more important ofc
    I can guarantee you every alliance player likes the shorter queue times. Happy customers usually don't bother to post on the forums. Everyone complaining in this thread seems to be horde.

I wish they would make horde a bit stronger, because I like competitive games and ally is winning too much lately. There are ways to do that and still keep the faster queues for ally.

First ... 747555657585967 ... Last