View Poll Results: Should we enable same-faction mercenary mode on our WoTLK realms?

Voters
4650. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

3,043 65.44%
  • No!

1,607 34.56%
  1. May 6, 2019  
    yeahhhh no

premades would face a team of bis PVE geared randoms with no trinket and gy farm them. FTFY.

just because you donated for bis gear does not mean you know how to kill a human holy paladin who heals the shadowmourne while he1v10 the entire goddamn bg because people don't know how to play wsg or dispel

there is nothing that will "balance" bgs. play a premade if you want to win. even if bgs were statistically equal, 50% doesn't feel like 50% because of variance.
    I disagree.
    If ppl are equally geared in BGs then the logical consquence is that BGs become far more balanced than they are now.
    Sure, there would be one or the other BiS geared PvEer but that's only a small minority in BGs and these few highend PvE geared players can be deadly as well. Think of a BiS PvE geared hunter which is absolute OP in BGs.

Most premades are just a bunch of BiS geared PvPers with no skill nor brain.
    When you put a team of BiS geared randoms against them then it's highly likely that the fight gonna be challenging. At least it would be FAR more challenging then it is now.

2. May 7, 2019  
    I'm from the perspective of a lordaeron horde player.

And things got worse and worse after each "fix" from the staff, ever since they introduced crossrealms.

Crossrealms itself was not a bad change at first, at least icecrown+lordaeron only crossrealm. We got insta pops, that was nice we lost the intimate environment and faction rivalry, that was sad.

Apart from the fact that low gear players who worked hard for their gear here got screwed, then they tried to solve it with gear brackets which was a decent idea at first,

but soon it was realized that horde had fewer bis gear players and bg's in high end bracket got unbalanced a bit,

still not too bad.

Then the blackrock came, and alliance started getting less que, because most of the blackrock players were rolling ally. This wasnt bad for horde btw, and actually our teams got a little bit balanced, now that ally were packed with blackrock newbs.

And now, a final kick to the horde,

We get the blackrock newbs, ally gets their short que time.

Tell me this is fair and good.

Tell me it's because alliance is good and horde suck...

Because i was just in a wsg with all freshly made blackrock players+me, and all icecrown on the other side.

3. May 7, 2019  
    yeah i'm actually paying to revert to alliance

this is actually unplayable

whoever thought it would be a good idea to put INSTANT 80 FUNSERVER CHARACTERS into icecrown queues should be fired

4. May 7, 2019  
    whoever thought it would be a good idea to put INSTANT 80 FUNSERVER CHARACTERS into icecrown queues should be fired
    It's not that simple, though. Here's a bg that just happened- almost all Blackrock on horde, but as you see, Icecrown ally has some 15k health guys.

https://imgur.com/a/qCLETMn

Predictably, the horde won and it wasn't even close:

https://imgur.com/a/AX6wO9j

Now, overall I agree that Ally is somewhat stronger after the recent changes, but I do a lot of solo queue bgs as ally and I lose a lot of the time- maybe 40% of the time. And one of the reasons is that Icecrown has a lot of 15k health guys and Warmane doesn't always put them in the low gear bracket.

5. May 7, 2019  
    (can't edit post)

But let me say that I would rather see horde queues get a buff so the win-loss rate is as close to 50-50 as they can make it. So why not send in one 15k health Icecrown guy in quest greens into every bg to even things out?

Overall I think mercenary mode, and in particular the Blackrock guys with instant 80 toons (in which they have little investment) serving as the mercenaries, is a good system. But if the Ally win rate is too high right now, and it may well be, then just use the no-gear Icecrown guys as a balancing tool.

6. May 7, 2019  
    (can't edit post)

But let me say that I would rather see horde queues get a buff so the win-loss rate is as close to 50-50 as they can make it. So why not send in one 15k health Icecrown guy in quest greens into every bg to even things out?

Overall I think mercenary mode, and in particular the Blackrock guys with instant 80 toons (in which they have little investment) serving as the mercenaries, is a good system. But if the Ally win rate is too high right now, and it may well be, then just use the no-gear Icecrown guys as a balancing tool.
    15k health icecrown guy has played his class longer than 99% of the people on blackrock

it's a F U N S E R V E R

7. May 7, 2019  
    (whoever thought it would be a good idea to put INSTANT 80 FUNSERVER CHARACTERS into icecrown queues should be fired)

AMEN

8. May 7, 2019  
    15k health icecrown guy has played his class longer than 99% of the people on blackrock

it's a F U N S E R V E R
    It's also an arena server with a lot of players better than the average Icecrown bger ever dreamed of being.

9. May 7, 2019  
    I think warmane should either stop this mercenary system or get those Icecrown humans to be mercenaries as well. Getting those Blackrock newbs only as mercenaries has made pvping as Horde even more unappealing.

10. May 7, 2019  
    It's not that simple, though. Here's a bg that just happened- almost all Blackrock on horde, but as you see, Icecrown ally has some 15k health guys.

https://imgur.com/a/qCLETMn

Predictably, the horde won and it wasn't even close:

https://imgur.com/a/AX6wO9j

Now, overall I agree that Ally is somewhat stronger after the recent changes, but I do a lot of solo queue bgs as ally and I lose a lot of the time- maybe 40% of the time. And one of the reasons is that Icecrown has a lot of 15k health guys and Warmane doesn't always put them in the low gear bracket.
    DUDE!!!!!!! The problem is that, that horde team is 60% ALLIANCE FOR FK's SAKE, AS IN ALLIANCE CHARACTERS Humans Night Elves, gnomes, dwarfes Draenai, THEY JUST LOOK LIKE HORDE MODELS

11. May 7, 2019  
    It's also an arena server with a lot of players better than the average Icecrown bger ever dreamed of being.
    except that historically AND currently

blackrock players are 1600 at best

and the top 100 is literally the same people every season

source: am 2k, have played both servers since 2012

remove. blackrock. from. icecrown.

12. May 7, 2019  
    except that historically AND currently

blackrock players are 1600 at best
    Such nonsense.
    The arena players on Blackrock play far better than on the other realms.

13. May 7, 2019  
    Literaly every serious pvp guild in horde is transfering to alliance now

THANK YOU WARMANE YOU RUINED EVERYTHING !

14. May 7, 2019  
    And how is PVP ruined?
    All i see is 6-7 pple who are spamming 24/7 how bad is thee PVP,without providing any proofs.I have 40-60% win rating when solo Q as horde depending on the time and day(sometimes im wining more,sometimes less).I see us getting farmed on GY only in AV/IOC,but we are still winning sometimes when Ally is busy farming.On small bgs its 50/50.

Also stop hating on Blackrock players - they are more skilled than us.No offense but i dont see often pvpers on Icecrown who know how to use CC properly,while Blackrock pple are doing it a lot,also they know how to switch targets and do objectives.

For everyone complaining how bad is the PVP please show us few screens where you've lost hard and you've contributed.Im rlly angry at pple at you who are refusing to ress and are acting toxic in battlegrounds instead of playing - Please stop ruining others expirience and learn to play

15. May 7, 2019  
    Duuude do you not read my posts, there is no more any horde dude, half a team is alliance

i dont care if i win or lose or stupid **** like that

First ... 41495051525361 ... Last