1. Masters Thesis about World of Warcraft as a cyber-religion.

Hi guys. In April i will start with my Masters thesis, and the subject will be based around the concepts of religious faith in the game as the game has lots of religious undertones to it. Right now I'm preparing for the work and i think interviews combined with analysis of certain places and/or objects could give exciting results.

Let me hear if you are interested of being interviewed in the future. It can be either written or on discord. Tbh i dont really care but verbal communication is prefered by the school. By the way im English and Swedish speaking.

Regards!

2. WoW rips off and bastardizes norse paganism a bit too much. I appreciate some of the references but for the most part I don't.

3. Hey, I wouldn't mind participating in an interview (Via Discord).
    DM me here, and we can arrange the interview.

4. i'll do an interview too bc why not? that is if you need 2. message me here too and i'll give u discord.

5. May 1, 2019  

6. May 2, 2019  
    Hi guys. In April i will start with my Masters thesis, and the subject will be based around the concepts of religious faith in the game as the game has lots of religious undertones to it. Right now I'm preparing for the work and i think interviews combined with analysis of certain places and/or objects could give exciting results.

Let me hear if you are interested of being interviewed in the future. It can be either written or on discord. Tbh i dont really care but verbal communication is prefered by the school. By the way im English and Swedish speaking.

Regards!
    I don't feel your thread title properly supports the content of your post. The fictional religions that exist within World of Warcraft and the Warcraft franchise as a whole are not any different from fictional religions you'd read about in a novel or witness in a movie. The topic described by your title would probably be something far more interesting to write about - the concept of World of Warcraft itself being a "cyber-religion", though I would probably describe more as a drug than I would describe it as a religion.

Now, as for possible "religious sites" in the game, well, that really depends on how you define religion. If you consider tributes to honor past fallen warriors and heroes as religious, then there are all kinds of places like Uther's Tomb in the south-west end of the Western Plaguelands. There are other, more sinister locations, as well, such as the Cathedral of Darkness in Icecrown where members of the Cult of the Damned worship the Lich King as a god.

7. May 5, 2019  
    WoW rips off and bastardizes norse paganism a bit too much. I appreciate some of the references but for the most part I don't.
    That's typical for the WOTLK expansion though.
    Valkyres everywhere, whole Ulduar raid have bosses "Keepers" that are ripoffs from old gods.
    Howling fjord and Grizzly hills have a lot of references.

8. Speaking of cyber-religions, I hear Athene, the World of Warcraft player that is well known for his past glories as a world-first max-level achiever is going bonkers and has basically started a cult, and since he's tied more or less to World of Warcraft, that could be interesting. Just throwing that out there.

By the way, I'd love to participate in your projects with an interview, if you need any more volunteers hit me up with a DM.

Good luck, buddy.

9. May 4, 2020  
    Playing games like World of warcrafy will add excitement while we are at home. You can check lots of game reviews in this site.