1. [OUTLAND] Alliance - Newcomers looking for the community experience

Hello,

having introduced my partner to World of Warcraft recently, we have started this week to play on Outland here.

We have spent a couple of weeks on Retail earlier on this year. That cross-realm, auto-teleport group-finder is a soul-less thing. This, along the endless list of deprecated aspects that make a game an actual MMO, made me moving us to Warmane to get closer to the original, more meaningful experience.

I miss progression through careful planning and the times when even completing Deadmines actually feels like something.

She is Croatian, playing mage and I'm French myself, playing warrior which I intend to turn Def spec. We are looking out to meet along our journey more casual players as we eventually level up to level 70. If there is by any chance Croatian players around, please let us know. I've found out the Croatian localised forum http://forum.warmane.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48 but couldn't post in there.

Have a good day there!

Alex & Ivana

2. Welcome to Warmane!

Croatian forum was disabled because of its inactivity. Nowadays all the people from former Yugoslavian countries hang out in Serbian forum which you can find here - http://forum.warmane.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190 We are all friends there and we can understand each other pretty easily, as you might assume :)

Hope you and your partner have a wonderful time here!

3. Thanks,

we have progressed a bit. We are now level 14 Mage and Warrior. Don't laugh: Ivanani is genuine first-time player. That being said, our comparison experience has spoken for itself: while leveling from 1 to 40 on Retail earlier this year felt like a shore and didn't engaged her, the current gameplay on Warmane, pulling mobs carefully for our quests, having her doing actual life-saving polymorphs and the sense of wonder now make WoW appealing to her.

As for the later stage, I dream to do a normal progression in Karazhan and maybe beyond, but I wonder if there are other people looking to do it this way too.

What I'll be looking soon is whether there are groupies who would plan dungeon runs in advance, something like twice a week around the 7 ~ 9pm timeframe London time, to make fair use of our limited play time.
    Edited: March 4, 2019