1. BG algorythm

if you're going to sort them by gearscore, that would imply that the game is balanced. it isn't. endgame bg's with synced gs means no classes can stand a chance against plates past 6k because that is meta and always will be in this expansion. it also means people will be twinking 80s to stay within low gs limits. what's the point in donating anymore? bad idea.

sidenote: there is no point in playing on anything but blackrock since we're all queued together now. blackrock gets free gear and free 80.

ps: i played a wintergrasp today without any multiboxers and it was fun.

thanks for reading.
    Edited: March 1, 2019

2. The system is considering the gear in your inventory as well. So you are going to twink a character by basically getting the first epic gears and remaining at 4.5 k GS for indefinite time? What would be the point, everyone wants to progress you are not going to do any Raids and Arenas just to win vs some average players at 4.5 bgs ? Dont think its worth it.

''ps: i played a wintergrasp today without any multiboxers and it was fun.'' - I dont belive you ! :)

3. All I can say is my rogue gets placed in bgs with fully geared Blackrock players where I sometimes see hunters with nearly double my hp and every class 2 shots me. It is insanely hard to get honest kills.

I do a bg on my lower geared characters and despite being in a lower geared bg, half the opposing team is geared better than my rogue.

I can roll a Blackrock character right now and stack double the resilience, 180% the hp, and much better weapons than my rogue, not to mention full gems and enchants.... just to start. But for some reason they are paired in bgs. It's not very fun working at a character the old school way just to be cannon fodder everytime I play my icecrown character.

4. If you are playing on Lord you are doomed at the current conditions, even more so if you play arena. (check how many teams from lord are in 2v2 ladder )

Even if you eventually catch up to the gear at your current ''pool'' as soon as you exceed it ( think its like 4.5 in gs) you will start to get paired with 6.7 k SM palas and wars

You need to consider how important is pvp for you and choose the server.

5. I dont know, how the split works between high GS and low GS BG-s, but my warlock is 4980 GS, my pala is 5030 GS, the warlock goes in to the lower part and the pala goes to the higher part (i think because of pve gear) but honestly i stopped to play BG with my paladin.
    There are nearly 80% BIS characters after 5.0-5.1K GS it is not fun to play it after. Not fun and not even worth to play, just for the first win / day.
    I think this is a kick in the balls, if you dont have BIS character or atleast 5.8-6.0k character. (or lvl 80 low GS twink, with BIS weapon...)
    My Pala is now worthless in BG, my shaman is 5.2k worthless, my priest is about the same GS and worthless, cant heal, cant do dmg, because of the GS gap between me and most of the other players.
    There are no reason to play with them anymore after the first win, there is literally 0 fun in the game now, im 3-4 seconds for every BIS players and 70-80% of the players BIS or close to BIS

Before this "balance" i could play battles which were fun, there were a lot of different GS players so i could find a worthy and challenging target.
    Now everytime i join i sit in the graveyard for the 60% of the battle, about 4-5 seconds after im in combat...

Are there any chance they change it back, or the pvp is doomed for newer players?

6. I dont know, how the split works between high GS and low GS BG-s, but my warlock is 4980 GS, my pala is 5030 GS, the warlock goes in to the lower part and the pala goes to the higher part (i think because of pve gear) but honestly i stopped to play BG with my paladin.
    There are nearly 80% BIS characters after 5.0-5.1K GS it is not fun to play it after. Not fun and not even worth to play, just for the first win / day.
    I think this is a kick in the balls, if you dont have BIS character or atleast 5.8-6.0k character. (or lvl 80 low GS twink, with BIS weapon...)
    My Pala is now worthless in BG, my shaman is 5.2k worthless, my priest is about the same GS and worthless, cant heal, cant do dmg, because of the GS gap between me and most of the other players.
    There are no reason to play with them anymore after the first win, there is literally 0 fun in the game now, im 3-4 seconds for every BIS players and 70-80% of the players BIS or close to BIS

Before this "balance" i could play battles which were fun, there were a lot of different GS players so i could find a worthy and challenging target.
    Now everytime i join i sit in the graveyard for the 60% of the battle, about 4-5 seconds after im in combat...

Are there any chance they change it back, or the pvp is doomed for newer players?

Same here.
    Edited: March 13, 2019

7. Are there any chance they change it back, or the pvp is doomed for newer players?
    First bis people complain all over forums that 2k gs people are ruining our Bg's cause they are absolutely terrible.
    Then 2k gs complain they cant do anything vs bis geared people and BG is the only way to gear up (according to some).

Now you are complaining cause you go from low brackets to high and suddenly your not top dog, are you seriously ****ing kidding?
    If you want to get good gear you have to earn it just like everyone else.
    PS I entered only 1 BG yesterday, (high ilvl bracket) and we won it (as horde).

8. There are only two brackets? Lows and high?

anyway i have 5.1k gs and im still in low bracket, and feels like im bis on those battlegrounds, smashing everyone with 2-3 hits ;D
    Edited: March 17, 2019

9. Does anyone know how the system actually works? I'm enjoying the bgs in the lower bracket and have some questions for anyone who is able to answer:

- Does it count every item in your inventory and bank regardless of whether you have it equipped?
    - If unequipping doesn't work, does deleting the item work?

It would be nice to have a convenient way to go back to the lower bracket without abusing the system. For example when playing a secondary spec with 4k gs, I don't want to be matched with 6k gs when I don't have my main gear equipped.
    Edited: March 17, 2019

10. If you want to get good gear you have to earn it just like everyone else.
    This is a hard No and exactly the problem. Lordaeron people have to earn their gear just like everyone else on lordaeron. Blackrock players get BIS trinkets upon logging in and in general gear worth motnhs of farming and icecrown player can just buy whatever they want. the process of gearing up is not even comparable on the different server and that is the ONLY problem I have with crossrealm bgs. I have a human prot warrior with 3hours play time on blackrock and I just own people in bgs with him. with my main who is a lordaeron prot warri on horde side I can't do ****, how is that fair in any way?

11. how is that fair in any way?
    I agree completely, but there's just 1 thing.
    I wasn't talking about cross realm at all.

12. btw. blackrock have new BiS coinshop already...
    Yes it's unfair for Lordaeron players we have broken, dated PvP gearing mechanism. Blizzlike realms are mostly PvE oriented players retroish kicks for. Lordaeron had VERY active PvP tho. Times have changed. PvP dried out long time ago in this PvE elitism ruled realm. Large number of Elites left this realm for next server rape, and this crippled state of PvP is all we have left.

We need Lordaeron realm customization. For example Battleground rewards. EARNING the gear is important. Earning HARD requirements for access custom vendor, or even more businesswise: coinshop via BG's honorable kills requirements for example. 10k -100k graduation.
    10k Furious --->20k Relentless--->50k Wrathfull---> 100k full access for same coinshop as Icecrown and Blackrock. Earned requirements. This is not very bad idea if you think particular current playerbase and current unrealistic gearing system. Dated and broken.
    This "idea" was in suggestions section and i don't suggest this again, but we have here very unusual situation on. Something must be done. Lordaeron needs catch - up customizations.

I surely hope Lordaeron never will be like Icecrown or Blackrock. But realistic chance for gearing for crossrealm standards, maby for decent premades someday. Current numbers are very discouraging.

I must say again.. I really enjoy and prefer my Lordaeron 5.7k hunter over my BiS x BiS Icecrown one, ALL candy behind the click of the equipment manager. It's very important that you have earned the gear. But gearing shouldn't be impossible because of broken, dated mechanism either.
    I respect all you few Lordaeron guys who geared up to 6.2k already (and actually participating battlegrounds). But in numbers we can't ever fill Alterac Valley with decent Lordaeron premades in current PvP gearing mechanism?

- Sibe -
    - Sibeicc -