1. Do people actually buy the characters on the marketplace?

Just wondering, since I looked and my 5.5k gear Hpala has a min price of like 200 coins or something and I can't imagine people paying that much? Do people maybe just only buy if its really geared or naked?

2. They buy chars with BiS items, good/funny names, professions and reputations. And a bit gold.

3. Just wondering, since I looked and my 5.5k gear Hpala has a min price of like 200 coins or something and I can't imagine people paying that much? Do people maybe just only buy if its really geared or naked?
    The only gear that people are interested having on the character are BiS or BoE.
    If it's neither, it will only increase the cost of the character, making it less appealing.

You could think it this way: Is your 5.5k Hpala worth roughly 200 euros?
    Edited: March 2, 2019

4. They buy chars with BiS items, good/funny names, professions and reputations. And a bit gold.
    Not true, they buy what they want, I've seen people buy fully geared toons, and others buy toons with no gear , but with a lot of achievement points, and a few epics. I'm quite sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

5. Not true, they buy what they want, I've seen people buy fully geared toons, and others buy toons with no gear , but with a lot of achievement points, and a few epics. I'm quite sure you have no idea what you're talking about.
    I'm not telling what they buy 100%, but after talking to a few people that are also earning coins that way my statement seems to be true for majority of cases.
    And fyi I've sold 10 chars so far so I have some idea. Now be a dear and next time you try to be smartass at least don't be an ******* at the same time.
    Edited: March 2, 2019

6. Generally no. A character on the marketplace is worth: 20 buck for lvl 80 + the cost of your gear in the coin shop +1 (afaik). So your character is always more expensive compared to if they boosted a char up and bought the gear manually.

There are things to make your character more appealing to sell though, if you have 2 professions, if you have the Ashen Rep at exalted but didnt take the ring yet (means + one BiS piece that isnt calculated for yet) and points. Lastly theres stuff like achievements and/or titles. A gladiator titale is worth something to a lot of people.

So you could take your pala, remove all the non BiS pieces, have 2 professions and youll have a much higher chance of selling it.

7. Generally no. A character on the marketplace is worth: 20 buck for lvl 80 + the cost of your gear in the coin shop +1 (afaik). So your character is always more expensive compared to if they boosted a char up and bought the gear manually.
    And you know wrong. Character gear gets a percentage taken off the cost they would have if bought with coins directly. It's cheaper to buy a character with gear from someone than to get all the individual items from the Marketplace.

8. And you know wrong. Character gear gets a percentage taken off the cost they would have if bought with coins directly. It's cheaper to buy a character with gear from someone than to get all the individual items from the Marketplace.
    Really?

Sorry for spreading misinformation then. My bad,

9. I have sold 4 naked 80s with 2 profs and epic mounts and one 80 with 4.5 GS so yes people will buy toons depending on what they have too offer and wht they want. Some players like to skip the gold saving for mounts and time and gold expenses for profession training.

10. On that note, could we please like create a new channel or something for all those char selling stuff?

Each day when I log in I gotta ignore like 30-40 people before global is actually readable again. I mean if people really want to buy some character, they'd probably take a look into the store and chose their best fit manually - so no need to spam your crap char offers 5 times a minute *furious.

11. Global is already a custom channel. Creating another one won't change anything, people will still spam Global, and we aren't going to task GMs with monitoring chat spam.

12. On that note, could we please like create a new channel or something for all those char selling stuff?

Each day when I log in I gotta ignore like 30-40 people before global is actually readable again. I mean if people really want to buy some character, they'd probably take a look into the store and chose their best fit manually - so no need to spam your crap char offers 5 times a minute *furious.
    And who would moderate the chat? Exactly. The sellers would still spam any other chat to get max visibility. Best you can do is report spam for small help (ignore till you logout), add them to ignore, or get addon that removes messages with certain words.

13. From what I was told, players will buy naked characters, or even geared ones. I was even told my 5k DK with Black Drake would probably get sold easily.

14. Every char will be selled (naked) if u have few tings, around 1-2k arena points, cap honor *75k* lets say 1k gold, and two max proffs, ofc jc/bs are most looking proffs

15. It depends mostly on what vanity items you have that do not increase the overall price. I sold a full naked character for 100 coins instantly because he has Fiery warhorse reins from Karazhan - the mount you must farm and can't buy for coins

12 Last