1. Fun in bgs is nothing else than your own ability to effect a bg. This change is only advantageous to those people who want to que bgs and leech honor, nothing more than that. In my opinion fun is more important than you progressing in the game, so fun bgs should be preferred over "most honor per hour for everyone"-bgs. Bgs aren't a lot more than a necessary evil to get honor at the moment for lordaeron players who get matched as high gs, I doubt that effects the server in a great way for the future
    bg's are nothing but an honor grind for everyone. pvp where a single player has an effect on the outcome is called arenas.

2. MFW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdxEUL18ySY
    Why bother? you can get pvp gear by just grinding pve to at least relentless gear and of course nice trinkets and offset, which is more than enough to make your stand agains BiS people. My biggset problem with most people here at warmane is for those who are not enjoying the game, then why are you doing something you don't like? that's the beauty of WoW, there's plenty of stuff to do other than raids and... "hardcore pvp", why bother?
    I do bgs when I need honor atm. For example: I got enough rating for belt and boots and so I of course also wanted to buy them, which requires me doing bgs (which I usually really enjoy) or quest in wg, which I don't really like and therefore don't really do. Some bgs I did today were even enjoyable, but they could be SO much better regarding the amazing wotlk class design. I have also liked PvP the most about wow, so losing great bgs is something I will definitely complain about. I'll work around it as long as it stays like this, but I'd prefer if they were actually good and I think it would be objectively better for the server if bgs weren't completely dominated by BIS people.

3. bg's are nothing but an honor grind for everyone. pvp where a single player has an effect on the outcome is called arenas.
    Absolutely not. I have done hundreds of bgs without needing honor in my lifetime. Do you honestly think that all those 6.9k warriors are in there to grind honor? Bgs are there to be enjoyed and honor is a good side effect. At the moment you can't do anything with honor after you have wrathfull offset on Blackrock, but I am sure you will find some way to justify that, even though it completely contradicts your point of bgs being only an honor grind.

4. Absolutely not. I have done hundreds of bgs without needing honor in my lifetime. Do you honestly think that all those 6.9k warriors are in there to grind honor? Bgs are there to be enjoyed and honor is a good side effect. At the moment you can't do anything with honor after you have wrathfull offset on Blackrock, but I am sure you will find some way to justify that, even though it completely contradicts your point of bgs being only an honor grind.
    if you use bg's to boost your ego that's fine. but their general purpose is grinding honor. now if we had rated bg's in wrath that would be a different story.

5. if you use bg's to boost your ego that's fine. but their general purpose is grinding honor. now if we had rated bg's in wrath that would be a different story.
    so is having fun boosting ego? battlegrounds got implemented to ahve fun just like any feature ever in the history of video games. We don't play wow to get anything else than enjoyment out of it. Bgs are just there to enjoy pvp without having to worry about your rating or tryharding every match. Get in, have some nice fights and out a bit happier.

6. so is having fun boosting ego? battlegrounds got implemented to ahve fun just like any feature ever in the history of video games. We don't play wow to get anything else than enjoyment out of it. Bgs are just there to enjoy pvp without having to worry about your rating or tryharding every match. Get in, have some nice fights and out a bit happier.
    bg's are for honor grinding to get you geared for arenas. pvp in any game i've ever seen is about competition.

7. BGs purpose is to farm honor so you can progress with your gear. They can be fun, but that happen later when you are geared already and can stomp over other players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHeS...?v=FHeSHT2ZDnU

This is what bgs use to look like before Blizzard mass ban honorbuddy users, you think people are doing that because of fun?
    Edited: March 9, 2019

8. BGs purpose is to farm honor so you can progress with your gear. They can be fun, but that happen later when you are geared already and can stomp over other players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHeS...?v=FHeSHT2ZDnU

This is what bgs use to look like before Blizzard mass ban honorbuddy users, you think people are doing that because of fun?
    This is the RESULT of bgs not being fun. WoD just sucked as an expansion because of the dumbing down of every class, so people didn't enjoy pvp, still wanted the gear and therefore botted.
    Woltk has the potential for really fun and engaging bgs. You SHOULD NOT require gear to have fun in bgs, ofc it should definitely help a lot. A 2k mage can still sheep a 6.9k dk and kite a 6.8k dk at the same time, but atm such outplays rarely happen because people are just in there to leech honor and accept that they will spend 90% of the time on the graveyard. This 2k mage will just get depressed when he tries to have an impact on the game, because even though he is 100times better than all the other players in there he still gets the blame if the team loses and 0 support from them. As low gear support/cc specc you can open opportunities for your team, but most of the time no one reacts to those and hit the 6.9k dk out of the sheep who then sends you to the graveyard with a rightclick after backpaddling and keyboardturning his way to you. Bgs are just not an even playing field, of course they never were that 100%, but I have never seen such a huge imbalance in bgs than on this server since the merge. It's the first time where I see that anyone below 5.5k might aswell be a npc. I can't imagine that gearing up after you hit that magical "high gs" point is fun for anyone.
    It might be surprising for you to hear this, but it is a bad sign if a video game is not fun and you have to "bear through" weeks/months of crap until you can finally compete a little bit. Low geared people just show 0 interesting in even trying now. I have met way too many people in bgs and arenas who are just there admitting defeat and just letting me kill them, because they think that I am some BIS donor who'll oneshot them anyways, which is 0 fun as pvp player (it might be fun to no skill people who just enjoy having an unfair advantage, since they can't compete on a even playing field)
    fights should be decided within the fight and not because one party just gives up before it even started. This will attract no new players at all and therefore slowly lead to the death of warmane pvp

9. bg's are for honor grinding to get you geared for arenas. pvp in any game i've ever seen is about competition.
    You only wrote one line and still contradicted yourself. Bgs are actually pvp ( you might not have noticed yet) and so they are about competition and therefore fun rather than just to sit afk in there and leech honor.
    You do realize that your point basically is "You aren't meant to have fun in bgs as anything else than harcore player or donor", right?
    WoW isn't meant to be a ****ty moneygrab mobile game, even though it seems you'd love it to be one

10. This is the RESULT of bgs not being fun. WoD just sucked as an expansion because of the dumbing down of every class, so people didn't enjoy pvp, still wanted the gear and therefore botted.
    Bgs in WOD was the same as in WOTLK, if anything else they was more fun because combat overall have improved over the years. We had the same situation in Cata and in MOP before they prune the classes, how do you explain that?

Woltk has the potential for really fun and engaging bgs. You SHOULD NOT require gear to have fun in bgs, ofc it should definitely help a lot. A 2k mage can still sheep a 6.9k dk and kite a 6.8k dk at the same time, but atm such outplays rarely happen because people are just in there to leech honor and accept that they will spend 90% of the time on the graveyard.
    This is nonsense, you cant outplay 6.8k DK as 2k mage because all the DK have to do it put 1 dot on you to kill you. This "outplays" never happen because the mage will die in 1 hit and there is simple no room for outplay. DK can simple trinket the poly and 1 shot you, or grip you on your cast, or AMZ or silence, or stun you....good luck outplaying 6.8k DK as 2k mage. I have been in situation against 2k mage on my warrior who was under 6k gs you know what happen? I heroic throw the mage for 12k crit while he have 15k life, try outplay that.

That idea that BGs can be fun before you geared is nonsense, we have 15 years of WOW that prove that. Its not fun when you get 1 shot while you do no damage and later on when you gear up, you start to 1 shot people. Then you will have fun but other side will not.

Bgs are just not an even playing field, of course they never were that 100%, but I have never seen such a huge imbalance in bgs than on this server since the merge. It's the first time where I see that anyone below 5.5k might aswell be a npc.
    Well first people was complaining about that BGs are not balanced and that we need gs brackets, so they added them. Now people are complaining again that BGs are unbalanced, not sure what exactly you want at this point?

As for players under 5.5k been useless you can blame the GS bracket for that. Before there was plenty of lower gear players so someone with lets say 5.2k gs still had room to impact the game. Now they are grouped with only 5k gs+ so they are are the weakest one in the BG. I personally hate the GS bracket and this is the reason i stop doing any BGs since then. Before that you was able to have a impact of the game and turn it around by yourself, or at least you was able to do sometimes. Now even if you bis geared you have little to no impact, i see no reason to queue BG over arena now, as someone who don't need honor anymore.

I can't imagine that gearing up after you hit that magical "high gs" point is fun for anyone.
    I don't know what that is suppose to mean.

When you done with gearing you play for fun, its as simple as that.
    Edited: March 11, 2019

11. if you use bg's to boost your ego that's fine. but their general purpose is grinding honor. now if we had rated bg's in wrath that would be a different story.
    Im using bgs to enjoy to play. This was the number one reason why Im playing wow since 2008. Also leveling.

I never liked arenas cuz ppl are nervous when they start to lose...

12. You only wrote one line and still contradicted yourself. Bgs are actually pvp ( you might not have noticed yet) and so they are about competition and therefore fun rather than just to sit afk in there and leech honor.
    You do realize that your point basically is "You aren't meant to have fun in bgs as anything else than harcore player or donor", right?
    WoW isn't meant to be a ****ty moneygrab mobile game, even though it seems you'd love it to be one
    you memory must really suck. go read the last few of my replies you quoted. i'll even help you.

bg's are nothing but an honor grind for everyone. pvp where a single player has an effect on the outcome is called arenas.
    if you use bg's to boost your ego that's fine. but their general purpose is grinding honor. now if we had rated bg's in wrath that would be a different story.
    bg's are for honor grinding to get you geared for arenas. pvp in any game i've ever seen is about competition.
    if you can read those and not understand that im reffering to arenas and rated bg's as competitive pvp, and non rated bg's are just an honor grind. then you're an ***** and not worth further comments.

Im using bgs to enjoy to play. This was the number one reason why Im playing wow since 2008. Also leveling.

I never liked arenas cuz ppl are nervous when they start to lose...
    enjoying them as much as you can. that doesn't stop them from being an honor grinder.
    Edited: March 13, 2019

13. oh this is retail forum memories.

for some people pvp is only the 3v3 scenario, with pillars, shadowsight, 1 healer and 2 dps.

this was the one of the many argument blizz boys did when some class was op.

Then suddenly a lot of this same people argue that 2 tanks 1 healer, 2 healers 1 dps/tank wasn't funny so... good luck with the 3v3 centralism.

Woltk has the potential for really fun and engaging bgs
    wotlk isn't suited for bg at all, the damage is pretty high, outside paladins and Dk everything just melts. Complains in MOP because 0 vs 3 healer? wotlk is auto lose even without cordination from the other team, wotlk feels pretty similar to legion bgs outside of the dumb class design.

dont get me wrong, wow pvp is still wow pvp regardless of expansion, but wotlk design just have so many problems in bg (especially solo pvp) that things like node guarding or making time isn't viable. Is fun for zerging and/or nuke and be nuked gameplay (legion bg).

your point isn't a gear or class problem anymore, you're talking about bg balance and that is out of control from warmane and any server in general.

oh and don't forget free action potion 30 secs duration at 80 lol.

14. wotlk isn't suited for bg at all, the damage is pretty high, outside paladins and Dk everything just melts. Complains in MOP because 0 vs 3 healer? wotlk is auto lose even without cordination from the other team, wotlk feels pretty similar to legion bgs outside of the dumb class design.
    I actually like the fast speed of it. Blackrock bgs were some of the best I EVER played in WoW. But with this merge it's just braindead BiS pve melees all over the place who melt through everything while the healers who could prevent that in your team have 0 clue what they are doing. Old Blackrock bgs were way more balanced because most people actually knew what they were doing and most people were pvp equipped which slowed everything a bit down. I can't talk about old lordaeron bgs, but there is no way they were worse than this considering that open pvp and wg is quite fun when there's a similar amount of players on both sides. And well, Icecrown has always been this **** and it was the reason I stopped playing on that server. I have never seen anyone use free action potion in bgs tbh, and they aren't even available on Blackrock (speaking of fairness, make them buyable for honor to give honor a use aswell on that server). But I imagine that they are pretty broken if someone actually chose to go for it

15. bg's are nothing but an honor grind for everyone. pvp where a single player has an effect on the outcome is called arenas.

enjoying them as much as you can. that doesn't stop them from being an honor grinder.
    Yea that's utter bullocks mate, and I think you know it. Arenas and battlegrounds are two entirely different instances requiring an entirely different type of gameplay. I could tell to you that arenas are for grinding rating and arena points to get gear for battlegrounds and my point of view would hold identical weight to yours. You could also say that RDF is meant to get gear and gather emblems for better gear but I use it for gold & enchanting material grinding. Old raids for some are useless, for others are a way to get transmog gear and for thirds a way to make 1K+ gold for 20 minutes. For some the open world is a place to quest while for others, it is a place to PvP. The game is different from player to player and nobody's point of view is more true than somebody else's. A lot of people cannot stand arenas and a lot of people cannot stand battlegrounds - whichever you are is irrelevant as I can assure you the meaning of the two differ from person to person. If you are an "I am holier than thou" arena elitist, that's fine, but if you rub it in people's cases as: "mine is the one true P.O.V.", then that makes you sort of a bumhole doesn't it?

First ... 78910 Last