1. Server merge

Wow, so many good points have been made! I have to admit I look at the server merges differently after reading several threads. (I still don't support it however) I play on Lord so I have to admit I never really gave much thought as to why it was done other than the "obvious "warmane must be greedy" Even if that is/was true I am fully aware that playing here is a privilege, oh, and its free!! :D

So super quick history. I am a pvp orientated player leaning heavily towards bgs. I played since tbc dropped and used to be a semi serious arena guy. I think the highest I ever reached was 2100 which was followed by a pretty fast landslide to 1850 lol. I much prefer bgs and as an ex near BiS pvp hpally I could damn near change the outcome of some bgs single handedly. Funny thing was I didnt even really heal that much. I would group with the 1 MAYBE 2 other real pvpers who actually realized that wsg is CAPTURE THE FLAG not derp around mid. :D I lost count of how many bgs I solo captured flags lol. Yes I healed but mostly where it counted.

I am used to seeing the long list of bg errors commonly made ie: fighting mid, not supporting fc, ressing and instantly running into a group of 10 enemies with u and maybe 3 others from GY, not back capping, etc etc we could all write a book I am sure. I would just do my own thing and at least try to win. Back then (in retail) I put a HUGE amount of time and effort into getting that gear and it paid off in both the power of my char and bg experience. I would be one of maybe 2-3 others on my team with that level of gear. I will admit it was a mix of both gear and focusing on the bg objectives. Myself and a small group could win a bg because we stayed together and had strong heals. Anyways I had fun and my 5-6 months of work had paid off.

So an Lord I have a 5.75 UH DK full PVP I am not the best uh dk but I do ok. I worked my *** off to get 5.7 and it took 4 months. Before the merge there would usually be 4-5 others on my team over 5.5k. In fact a large amount of the people on both sides were about 5k ish. Of course it was always changing. I did notice that at certain times the general gs would drop most likely due to the 30-60 min wait during the "off peak" time. This would eliminate most of the geared folks and only keep the people desperately farming honor.

So I have two main points to make with a few sidenotes. The first one is that I still do pretty well in bgs. I can kind of compete in the charts and have been in the top 5 twice. But lets be honest, I am a shadow of what I once was. I can relate to previous poster who said that at times it can feel like they are in greens. We all know that winning bg's isn't all about padding the charts. IMO its a mix of everyone knowing what the bg obj is and actually trying to do it, staying in a group (ideally with a healer you are protecting), some basic teamwork, (calling incs etc) and the last one is gear. The last I checked gear matters. Aside from reaching max level its kind of the major focus of an mmo. I am light years ahead of where I was when I was 5k. Or at least I was. No this isn't a qq my epeen is bruised kinda post at all. UH DKs are pretty op and my gear is decent. There is no denying that in a general bg I no longer feel 5.7. Under the previous pvp gs I would say I feel about where I was at 5.3 since the gs ceiling was raised. I am basically stuck at 5.7 so cool story bro. Before it was far less likely to fight against a 6k+ and if I had to it would be one or two not half or more of the other factions team. In one bg recently I saw an IC teamate with 6.7GS LOL!!!!!!! (I don't even think you can get that gear on Lord) Yes its gonna be pve gear but tell that to my corpse when I get blown up!!! So my first point summed up is that IMHO the gs ceiling has been raised and unfortunately for over 95% of Lord its not really attainable.

Oh well why don't you just PVE LAWL u noob amirite?? lol Well for starters I'm not a huge pve'r anymore. Not to mention that a very very small % of Lord will ever break 6k gs raiding. As someone else already mentioned there isn't alot of guilds with ICCH on farm compared to the amount of players. The raid spots are limited if not already taken, and thats IFFFFFF you can find a good raiding guild that raids at your time since its kind of like you know, an INTERNATIONAL server :D I honestly have no interest in heroic raiding esp on this server. My other option is ARENA !!! :D Oh goody :D Well theres a few things going on there. We have mmr dumps and scripting for starters which just comes with the territory I guess. Basically Lord pvp has been in the gutters since i joined 5 months ago. The q's were non existent aside from weekly flush, and even if you did get a match it would be the same team over and over and they would usually be the FOTM troll team both 6k. 2's isn't balanced and 3's are dead. We also have a huge gap in pvp gearing between horde and alliance on Lord. Then theres wintrading. So I realistically don't think its worth the effort to go beyond my 5.7.

Either way bgs have lost alot of their fun for me now and I am running around alot of the time like a moving target trying to blend into a group. Gone are the days when I could possibly solo capture a flag in wsg because it will possibly take only one person to stop me. I am sorry but I guess I am just not ~skilled~ enough to survive a 6.6 boomkin or hunter (or both) in full pve gear dropping bombs on me from 1000 yards.

Yes I am 100% sure it would be possible to increase my gs but on Lord that would require a HUGE amount of time and effort to clear ICCH and thats if I could find a core raid spot on one of the handful of true endgame raiding guilds. As I said before I am not a big raider anymore, haven't been for years. I did want to arena when I first joined warmane but after seeing how truly dead and all the other pitfalls involved it is once again not worth the effort to try and get 1800. I know of several serious pvpers that were stuck at 1500 before the merge. I doubt fighting 6-6.7 players will help them much. Finding a semi skilled arena partner with a decent set of gear has been one of the harder things I have done on Lord so far lol. It seems that almost all players here are PVE and the ones that do pvp are mostly dabblers. So yes pvp on Lord is semi RIP and apparently has been for some time. Now is the way to fix that by nerfing all Lord players in anything pvp related? LOL NO :? All to gain a precious 15-20 mins less q time???? Its just absurd. The bgs were just like the rdf before. There is a slow time of about 10 hrs a day. The rdf q's were just the same as the bg ones. During the "peak" times I would get a dungeon in under 15-20 mins as a dps with the exact same time for bgs. During the off peak hours a dungeon or bg would be 30-60 mins. My daily play time was about 50/50 -peak/non peak so I just planned accordingly to spam dungeons or bgs. So now instead of a 15 min peak time bg q its 5. But at the cost of what?

All I know is that you guys have really upset alot of folks even if they aren't die hard pvpers. Your explanation of shorter q's is silly. I have hopped into a more pvp focused game a few weeks ago and will be staying there. Its a bunch of reasons really. Mostly its because almost all of the people I played with since joining have left. In something like 1.5 months about 50 unique lvl 80 guild members just stopped logging in. That was about a month ago, I haven't even bothered to check lately but the numbers have increased, almost doubled. Not really sure what the deal is but at least half of them were pretty serious players. Such is the life in an mmorpg I guess. So yeah its a private server I get it, and most of the problems here also exist in retail. But merging Lord and IC?? I guess when you only have one card to play you play it! Will it jump start pvp on Lord?? I don't know, I guess its one of those long term fixes that will just blow over in time and will only piss off some of the players who were around for the change. In my opinion offering shorter q times as a selling point in exchange for such a dirty beating could have been handled better by your PR Dept. :D

"Dear Lordys it has come to our attention that the state of PVP on Lordaeron is in dire need of an overhaul. We care about our loyal members and strive to maintain the health of lordaeron for both you and future generations! Unfortunately there aren't many viable options available to us at this time. We have decided to move ahead with a server merge which might not seem ideal to some at first but we feel that over time it will have the desired affect. We encourage you to give the new PVP system a fair chance and we will make further tweaks based on user input"
    Edited: March 2, 2019

2. Well, u can get smourne on Lord (which is a requirement to hit 6.7k gs) and to get in on Icecrown you have to do ICC too (or donate for 150 coins). In fact pretty much all the issues you have on Lord are present on Icecrown too (bar that its easier to get into pve because no custum changes).

Its not an issue with the servers as such, its an issue with how you gear up in 3.3.5a (in pvp) and how some classes require truely obnoxious amounts of pve gear (for 2s). Bis warriors have 5 pvp pieces, bis rogues 4.

Also, on Bgs and objectives. Most geared people dont actually care about winning the BG so much as they want to farm HKs (since you can get cool titles with them). So farming mid > capturing flags etc.

3. Yup good points! For winning bgs it seems more often than not that people just want to kill stuff which is understandable I guess. I have long thought there should be a deathmatch style bg in wow. But yeah I'm sure some people are farming HKs but damn man thats means its like 75% of players I have ever played with lol.
    I just don't see how merging a server that has an avg gs of 6.2 with one that has an avg gs of 5.5 makes any kind of sense or is justifiable really. I have spent MANY hours playing and I heave yet to see one player here over 6.4 I think. ( and that was like spotting a unicorn!!!) Its easier (or even possible for that matter) to farm ICCH gear and you also have the option to throw some money at it instead, at least there are reasonable options. I think there are under 10 Smorns on Lord to speak of lmao. I think I heard 6 at last count.

Is the merge completely game breaking? Of course not. Is it kind of a spit in the face to people that love pvp on my server? I think so and so do many others.
    Its funny how all the sheet talkers are from the land of easy pve gears. I have yet to see one person from my server say meh whats the problem just L2P lol. As one guy said just make premades etc Ok fine, thats great for the 5.5+ out there but where does that leave the lowly 4.5's? I also don't want to have to form a premade every time I bg. Plus does a Lord premade with an avg of 5.5 measure up to an Ic premade of 6.5 or higher? Are we playing the same game here people? lol the difference of 1KGS is enormous. Just doesn't make sense to merge imbalanced realms. For me these shenanigans were the last nail in the casket so to speak. With pvp in an even worse condition than before it appears my work here is done :D That and it seems like 95% of the ppl I know are gone now. The only reason I was really hanging around was to pvp. A guy can only lvl so many alts to 80 at 1x before he loses his marbles. It looks like arena is going to be even worse.... and I don't like playing at a disadvantage of any kind especially after all the time I put into gearing that guy. I think my gear should have been good enough to pvp without feeling like I am not up to par. Yes I can compete, kind of, but idc what any know it all pleb says. (not directed towards you, mostly the IC ppl commenting in the other threads)The playing field isn't level anymore and I'm not willing to invest any more time (or money) just to do some freakin bgs without feeling derped :) Unless you have a non BiS toon on lord you might think you know but u don't. The difference is actually pretty drastic. Its like I went from an 8/10 to a cold 5. It isn't always the case of course there have been a few bgs I guess the alliance were undergeared and it wasn't so bad but I would say at least 80% of the bgs I have done have been pretty depressing. But hey I can q for a bg and save 10 minutes of my time now in a game I don't play anymore. I guess that solves that. hahah :D And damnit I recently bought coins to buy the 310% Mount.... Pretty good deal in exchange for 5 months of playtime I guess.

4. I say..

Share queue with Blackrock? Yes.

Share queue with Icecrown? No!

Nice post.

Edit: No! on Blackrock aswell.. They now have a p2w store.
    Edited: March 7, 2019