1. Random freezes (1-5 seconds) since questing in Northrend

I recently came back to level again on the Lordaeron server and since I've got to Northrend my client has been freezing up every so often. They seem to happen at random for 1-5 seconds (or one time until I ctrl alt del). I didnt have this problem anywhere else on the server until I got to Northrend.

This happens with no addons and with the settings turned down to the minimum. It also should be noted the freezes happen the EXACT same way even if the addons are turned on and the graphics are at max (as in no increase or decrease in the freezes). I've also used the large Address Aware program. Im using AMD and I dont have these issues on retail.

I also remember having similar issues on my old computer playing WOTLK that also had AMD based parts. I also remember fixing it but cant recall at this point. Was hoping someone might be able to help.

Edit 3/3/19: Would like to add that I can still alt-tab and do other things on my comp while this happens. Also this issue seems to happen less often as you spend more time in an area (but still happen regardless. This could be useless anecdotal evidence though). I do not seem to have these issues in dungeons at all so far.
    Edited: March 4, 2019 Reason: Update

2. The game is badly optimized. I have 80 fps in Dalaran but if I go to Valiance Keep in Borean Tundra I get screen tearing and the game starts to freeze every now and then

3. I recently came back to level again on the Lordaeron server and since I've got to Northrend my client has been freezing up every so often. They seem to happen at random for 1-5 seconds (or one time until I ctrl alt del). I didnt have this problem anywhere else on the server until I got to Northrend.

This happens with no addons and with the settings turned down to the minimum. It also should be noted the freezes happen the EXACT same way even if the addons are turned on and the graphics are at max (as in no increase or decrease in the freezes). I've also used the large Address Aware program. Im using AMD and I dont have these issues on retail.

I also remember having similar issues on my old computer playing WOTLK that also had AMD based parts. I also remember fixing it but cant recall at this point. Was hoping someone might be able to help.
    You're not alone. I've tried no addons, fresh install, WoD models client, basic wotlk client, lowest settings, address aware etc. These freezes seem to happen right around valiance keep in northrend (or along the coast near it) and in hellfire peninsula at honor hold. Sometimes the freezes can even last longer than 5 seconds for me but happen just as you describe it. I was wondering if it's due to the coding attempting to spawn tons of mobs under the map or if it's due to the infernal attack event that doesn't seem to trigger properly there. By the way, I don't think it's an AMD thing only since I'm running Intel/nVidia.

PC Specs:
    CPU - Intel Core i7-6850K @ 4.4 GHz
    GPU - EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 @ Stock clock
    RAM - 64GB GSkill DDR4 @ 3200 MHz
    Disk - Samsung M.2 NVMe 970 EVO 512 GB for WoW install location
    Mobo - MSI X99A Gaming Titanium

I shouldn't be having any problem at all maintaining at least 60fps constantly.

4. Same issue here with Intel / Nvidia rig.

i7 4790k
    GTX 1070
    32 Gigs DDR3
    Samsung SSD game disk

I have V-Sync turned off in-game, Fast Sync turned on in Nvidia Control Panel. My framerate varies depending on location. 28 in Dalaran during peak hours, solid 120 in the open world. I have rarely seen 180 fps.

And then... she just freezes.
    Several times I've been ready to hit Alt-F4 but then realized that not only was the music still playing, I could hear the sounds of combat.
    Sometimes much more than 5 seconds go by and there we are, back to normal.
    Last time it happened on a flight from Org to Thunder bluff.

I never had this issue when I was last addicted... <ahem> playing. That was about a year or so ago.
    I don't believe they had the cross-realm stuff enabled then. They do now... Hmm... Just saying.

5. I should add that when I first started playing LK and first got to Dalaran the game crashed instantly.
    Didn't matter what toon, what time of day, as soon as I'd port to Dalaran... Crash.
    A little research told me that the client is 32 bit and as such can only access a limited amount of memory.
    I learned I needed a program called Large Address Aware. This lets the game use more memory than it is limited to out of the box.
    That solved my Dalaran crash problem and made the game behave better in general.
    This new freezing issue is something else though.
    But... this just might help you.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/t...-aware.112556/

6. Same here... I was hoping someone has figured that out already. I also recall having this back in the day on another computer too. Just wander if all of the people are experiencing this.

Specs:
    GTX1080 A8G Strix ROG
    i7 7700k
    Corsair DDR4 2x8gb
    SSD 500GB Crucial

I run the game on uttra(max) settings 1440p with g-sync enabled. For me also the freezes started in Northrend.
    Edited: April 5, 2019

7. Thanks god im not the only one. A week ago i lvled a rogue, everything was fine. Yesterday I was lvling my shammy and guess what, some random freezes started in borean.
    Also, I couldnt talk with some npc, they were not reacting. When I /reloaded game, they seemed like falling from the heaven for a part of second. Any ideas?

8. Same problem here. Vsync turned on. Constant 60 fps at most of the areas. But still having random freezes.

Specs:
    R9 280x
    AMD Pheanom 1055t
    Kingston DDR3 2x4 + 2x2
    Kingston SSD 250GB

9. June 4, 2019  
    So... No answer from the "GM's" ?! Gaving this issue as well since I went to Northrend.

10. June 5, 2019  
    I have freezes too, and not in Northrend but in TB and Tranquilien, then i restart the game and if lucky no freeze during all the session.
    Edited: June 5, 2019

11. June 5, 2019  
    same issue here freeze in howling fjord in the whole map

12. June 5, 2019  
    This also happens to me in Valiance Keep, Honor Hold and also the SotA BG. My notebook isn't nearly as strong as other people in this thread but I have no problem running the game cleanly everywhere else in the game except those 3 places, no matter how low I put the video configs in

13. Same happens to me. In Borean Thundra and Howling Fjord and some parts of Dragon Blight

14. I have the same problem only that if I keep moving while those lag spikes happen i get error crashes
    the game ran smoothly for me until i reached Borean Tundra, it's almost unplayable

15. Same happens to me. In Borean Thundra and Howling Fjord ... any answer?

12 Last