1. How is Icecrown and how hard is it if you dont just buy gear?

Was considering playing on Icecrown since outlands is all but F, how bad is the gearing process there with such a large population and having the store for so long? Will it be impossible to gear up and progress naturally without already having a high gear score naturally, or is the donating element not that bad there.

2. Gearing up is pretty quick especially in PvE. You can get ICC raid ready within a few days. Your only trouble would be getting wrathful pvp gear which could be difficult if you play a weaker class. In any case you can still sell gold/items for coins in order to get gear. Theres a whole tutorial for pve gearing as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DFP3kuxXPw&t=7s
    Edited: March 3, 2019

3. You will also wait for a long time (hours +)to get in if you are playing mostly in eu prime. Donating 10 bucks once will make you skip the queue though (and u can use it to buy a bunch of gold, however the price system for new players is ****ed, if you donate 20 bucks you get 22 coins, bis heroic items cost 23 coins, min donation amount is 10)

Also, to answer the question there are donated chars everywhere, but its kinda ok unless you want to pvp seriously and dont want to wait half a year to have medium gear.

Pve its 100% possilbe to get there without gear, in fact all the fun (imo) in pve is to get the gear in the frist place, cant understand for the love of me why peopel donate to pve.

All in all its worth rolling a char here, its by far the most populated private server so no matter what time you play at you will find people to play with, the content is active and the bugs arent very noticable. Only issue you might have is that if you like showing off your achievements via titles and/or gear everyone can get everything for rl money, which might make you not like it so much.
    Edited: March 3, 2019

4. That is not entirely true. There are many PVE focused guilds that will recruit people under the 5k mark and that will take them to ICC runs as soon as they end their EoT gearing process. Also, depending on the kind of run and if the raid leader isn't a complete braindead moron, he will take players that are actually eager to learn as long as they have proper itemization, no matter if you're a lowbie. Just make sure you learn to play your class well because it's a real pain in the *** to take players into doing PVE content and not knowing the abilities their own class has.

5. >People assuming everyone on ****ing Icecrown is a donor.

****ing...
    Please...

I do have enough of that bull**** on my BG's from random frustrated Lord players, so please, stop.
    You can do quite well on pvp with just furious gear+furious weaps from vote points, pve as well, and your only barrier is, as a solo player, the 5k gs gap just where EoT are useless and you're not at the minimum gs to run normal raids.

6. Do not play on Icecrown unless your goal is to do PvE content.

If you are into PvP then you have 0 reasons to play on Icecrown. You waste a lot of time levling to lv 80, skilling up professions, grinding honor and BiS gear. You can get all the PvP stuff you want on Blackrock and your journey is next to instant. Especially if you are rolling horde.

7. >People assuming everyone on ****ing Icecrown is a donor.

****ing...
    Please...

I do have enough of that bull**** on my BG's from random frustrated Lord players, so please, stop.
    You can do quite well on pvp with just furious gear+furious weaps from vote points, pve as well, and your only barrier is, as a solo player, the 5k gs gap just where EoT are useless and you're not at the minimum gs to run normal raids.
    Vote points ----> "The selected currency is not available for Lordaeron" :D
    This is quite "over-hardcore" PvP realm atm. "Hardcore gear earning" is good, but it shouldn't be impossible. Lordaeron players have dead end around 5k atm for PvP gearing. Current PvP gearing mechanism is broken, and dated. Blizzlike WotLK realms/servers populations are nowdays mostly only PvE players "PvE retrokicks" for. With current playerbase these realms need customizations and catch up for PvP gearing. Not talking about Pay2win, but some custom EARNING mechanism for PvP gearing catch-up. Up to realistic gear level (around rating 1800 weapons and chest) for current crossrealm arenas.
    We don't have "tools" for PvP gearing, like we had before PvE elitism "Hijacked" this realm, and PvP dried out. Lordaeron had VERY active PvE tho.

I enjoy and prefer my 5.7k Lordaeron BG runner charachter over my BiS x BiS Icecrown one, just for the reason: iI's earned, not bought gear. But gearing should not be impossible either, becouse broken current PvP gearing mechanism. Players should be able to be competitive. Current crossrealm arenas don't gear ONE NEW Lordaeron player over 5.5k who doesn't PvP geared decently more already.

I think this is partly answering of topics question also, Lordaeron may be option. Pros and cons.

- Sibe -
    - Sibeicc -
    Edited: March 24, 2019