1. Least Gear Dependent Class/Spec ?

I heard Ele Shamans and DKs are least gear dependent classes. But not sure. Please share your thoughts..

2. I heard Ele Shamans and DKs are least gear dependent classes. But not sure. Please share your thoughts..
    Firstly theres 2 types of gear independent classes, totally gear independent and pve gear independent. Some classes like warriors needs a giant amount of pve gear to be bis while some classes like Ele shamans need fairly little pve gear but still require a lot of pvp gear to work.

And then there are classes like sub rogue or frost mage where if you have a decent partner skill alone can carry you a lot so you dont really need that much gear. Both of them work with just pvp gear however rogues require a lot of pve gear to be totally best in slow while mages require fairly little (2 rings, 2 trinkets, weapon).

3. That may very well be true. DK are very strong even at no gear.
    Hunters also have high damage with no gear.
    Warlocks also have a high damage but they scale very well with haste, so they are good at low and max gear, medium not so much.

4. I'd say bm hunter is the least gear dependent class because the pet does a high percentage of the dmg and it scales only partly with it's masters stats.