Kraden

What Curse for PvP?

So I recently got into the warlock game thanks to the cross realm merge. I have played around with all three of the warlock specs and found that I seem to enjoy Affliction the most out of them. I only do 1vs1 PvP (duels, battlegrounds or world pvp so leave anything arena related out of the topic).

I sit with somewhat of a conundrum. What curse should I be using as Affliction? CoE or CoA?
    After asking several friends who play warlocks they all come with different answers:
    "Use CoE as it is more healing for you", "Use CoA if you want damage", "Neither of them stick to CoEx vs melee and CoT vs casters and healers", "use CoW when jumped by a melee" etc.

While I understand that each curse has its use for certain situations and classes, I still wonder what is the "default" affliction curse for 1v1 purposes? Is it Curse of Agony for extra damage or Curse of Elements for 13% more damage done by the other spells and sources or some of the other curses? I am so split on this, especially since the resistance reduction part of CoE is useless as one must be Spell Pen capped anyway...

So perhaps some kind good warlocks could reveal to me the following:
    Which curse is overall most often the default curse in 1v1 fights: CoA or CoA?
    Which curse is best for pressure: CoA, CoE, CoEx for kiting or CoT vs casters?
    Which is best for survival: CoA for faster DPS or CoE for more healing?
    When do you use what curse: When do you use CoEx? On what casters do you use CoT? And so on...

Edit: Also which Glyph is best between Soul Link or Siphon Life for 1v1?

I would be grateful for some advice!
    Edited: March 4, 2019

2. So perhaps some kind good warlocks could reveal to me the following:

-CoE > CoA 1v1 or 2v2 for 3 v 3 if you play with caster/dk same

-Coe = more dmg, burst, more heals 1v1, 2v2
    -CoA use vs more oponents (more overal dmg) if you have 3,4,5,6 targets and just want to put some presure
    -CoEx = slow mele
    -Cot = put on heals, rdps reduce cast help you survive or reduces enemy heals

- CoE = better dps, better heals, beter burst

When do you use what curse: When do you use CoEx? On what casters do you use CoT? And so on...

you have healer with and you are 2 vs 3, 4? CoT on enemy caster = less healing less dps basicly you reduce cast time for 30 % is like you have hero and they dont

affliction sucks for 1 v 1 since you have no burst or decent cc but soul link > siphon

Kraden
    Okay so CoE > CoA. Despite certain flaws I wish to play affliction for 1v1.
    I am still a bit unclear on CoEx and CoT though. When do I use these over CoE?
    For example do I always use CoT vs priests, shamans, mages and other warlocks or do I use CoE and switch?

4. This is a VERY situational question your asking.

Curse of elements, tongues, exhaustion, and agony can all be good when used in the right situation.

Those 4 curses should be the ones you are using, but knowing when to use them is part of the skill of playing warlock.

This question is almost impossible to answer because good warlocks know when to use the right curse given the situation.

You should be utilizing all 4 of those curses whenever you can.

5. So perhaps some kind good warlocks could reveal to me the following:

I would be grateful for some advice!
    1. There is no "default curse", use whichever curse is the best given the situation you are in.

2. Best for pressure (vs casters)? What kind of pressure? Elements is typically better but Agony can be useful given the situation. Tongues and Exhaustion can help put pressure on opponents by making it hard for them to cast or keeping them max distance. Again what type of pressure do you mean?

3. For survival (more healing or faster dps)? Elements is better then agony for survival because it increases your healing. Agony does nothing to increase your survivability. Again, typically Elements is almost always best, but Agony can be good in some situations.

4. Exhaustion for kiting and keeping max range, also for slowing your enemies to keep them off of you. Tongues when you need to neutralize someone's haste or make it hard for your enemy to get casts off. Elements and Agony for damage, but Elements almost always tends to be better (Said this 1000 times).

As far as the glyphs, Siphon Life glyph is terrible. Soul Link glyph is a much better choice.

See my post above this one for a more broad explanation on curses.
    Edited: March 12, 2019

Kraden
    Thanks for the reply Boxofred! Yeah I get your point.