1. Frostfire Mage PVP

'Ey lads, since recently i remembered theres a thing called Frostfire bolt as a mage spell. I remember being fascinated with the idea as I was first beginning to play wow 10 years ago. Now since i'm here, I wanted to ask: Is frost-fire mage in the least viable/fun (for bgs, since I doubt its better than stand-alone frost/fire in arena's). I'm asking this because i'd level a mage just for that. Thank you in advance <3.

2. A Frostfire spec isn't worth it for pvp.
    As fire mage you mainly want to use instant spells. The only dmg spell that you hardcast from time to time is scorch and that is to trigger hot streak.
    Frostfire bolt can be used as a follow up after dragon's breath but outside of that it has rare usage.
    It has a tremendous long cast time and when you are interrupted you are silenced on fire and frost spells.
    To make Frostfire bolt viable in PvP you would need tons of haste but at the same time you want to get crit for the hot streak procs.
    Reaching the right amount of crit and haste is only possible with full pve gear and that makes you a glass cannon.
    And even in full pve gear you deal most likely deal more dmg with a fireball spec.