1. When you're Def capped but "you're not Def capped"

Real conversation between me and my Guild officer hosting a ICC 10-man alt run, after I was done tanking a 25-man pug in mixed PvP/PvE gear:

Spoiler: Show

Bonus meme:
    Spoiler: Show

2. A similar thing happened to me last week: I got 0 heals for 6 seconds straight (so obviously I died at marrowgar and so did the other tank) and poeple said I took too much dmg because I wasn't def capped for icc 10. I told them that I have 688defense and 155 resilience.
    "Nah, you're not def capped"
    You can't help the fact that 4k dps *****s and 2k hps healers will always know more about def cap than us tanks.

Here's a rule of thumb for people who have no clue about how defense and resilience works: If your tank dies to a crit, he isn't def capped, if he never got crit in the entire fight, some people in that raid are either bad or undergeared, and it doesn't have to be the tank

3. This thread is the reason why I deleted my 5k GS tank warrior on Icecrown.

*gring HCs all day, reach 5k GS, fully gemmed, enchanted, def capped etc
    *LFG ToC25/ICC10
    *"Achievement?" asked by a person who prolly didn't even know what WoW is when I was progressing Naxx on retail but is core/officer of current top guild
    *"I'm fully gemmed, enchanted, def capped, consumables, know the tactics for every boss, have done LoD even before Moltdown"
    *"But do you have achievement?"
    */ignore
    *Logout>Delete Character (I honestly didn't even vendor everything and send my gold to my other chars, like who cares?)

Never tanking on that realm ever again (still trying to sell my >6k chars there). Once upon a time people on Ragnaros/Icecrown cared about progression, skill and experience. Now all they care about is achievements and being at least 500 GS overgeared for the content you want to do.

4. eof farm icc10n lf 6.1k gs with ach....... ok gl .... this is new days leaders of pugs

5. This thread is the reason why I deleted my 5k GS tank warrior on Icecrown.

*gring HCs all day, reach 5k GS, fully gemmed, enchanted, def capped etc
    *LFG ToC25/ICC10
    *"Achievement?" asked by a person who prolly didn't even know what WoW is when I was progressing Naxx on retail but is core/officer of current top guild
    *"I'm fully gemmed, enchanted, def capped, consumables, know the tactics for every boss, have done LoD even before Moltdown"
    *"But do you have achievement?"
    */ignore
    *Logout>Delete Character (I honestly didn't even vendor everything and send my gold to my other chars, like who cares?)

Never tanking on that realm ever again (still trying to sell my >6k chars there). Once upon a time people on Ragnaros/Icecrown cared about progression, skill and experience. Now all they care about is achievements and being at least 500 GS overgeared for the content you want to do.
    I do a weekly ICC 10 to carry newbs, contact me if you need, thou they're only 6/12 runs with HC gunship. Just last night we did one with a 5k prot warrior with 26k armor lul

6. feelsbadman

That moment when you think you've solved your problems by finding a guild, only to find out that those problems still exist in some form even in said guild.

7. Really theres no point in tanking early. You're better going DPS and rolling MS tank and taking all the loot in icc10/25n

8. Really theres no point in tanking early. You're better going DPS and rolling MS tank and taking all the loot in icc10/25n
    ^ this. I'm almost 6k gs tank and im ms dps. I don't even roll tank it just piles up... It makes sense to que rdf hc as tank tho, you don't need much for that.

9. Resilience is a character attribute that reduces all damage taken from players and their pets or minions.

Resilience does infact not defense cap you, it only works vs human players and their pets/minions.