1. Lost 2.2k arena mounts after faction change. GM has 0 intentions to help me out.

So. I used faction change from the website. (From Alliance -> Horde). It was not mentioned you lose all your mounts with the transfer, and it is also not supposed to happen. Yet, I lost all my arena mounts. Made a ticket asking how I can get them back, considering I still have the 2.2k achiev (2.4k max rate), and this is the response I got from the GM. *facepalm. My question is, are those GM's paid to do this? It was the worst response I could get for a problem caused by them. If they are not there for problems like this, what are they hired for? This is the reason why Blackrock became dead. The staff has 0 support for the community and 0 intentions to make a better gameplay on this realm. You spend hundreds of hours to get mounts / achievs / transmogs. And they give you 0 support on getting them back by their mistakes. Also lost all my transmog with this cross realm thing, but thats another problem that I don't wanna discuss. Gj for killing this realm.

https://imgur.com/y8hQmPE

2. this also happened to me, sent a message to GM, same response. i think we can kiss our mounts goodbye it's most likely a problem because they swapped it from Blackrock to Icecrown core and i think BR core registered it differently

3. They should give us the mounts back, since it's not our fault. But ofc, they don't care.

4. What mounts did you lose?

5. he lost http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=13317

On old core that mount was usable for both Ally and Horde ( but on Retail it was only for horde)

With new Core if you are ally and you had "Ivory Raptor" you can still keep it but, according what he said, changing faction cause to lose that mount ( even if he became horde, which should actually be able to use it)

6. Yeah makes sense. We cant change the database on how those mounts works since its shared between all realms.

7. I remember after some time that the server merged with AT, I had still in my bags a token for "Mount place", which was Zul'Gurub, there, on old AT you could buy every possible mount, in fact I had Phoenix, Sprectral Tiger and so on. This is because I donated 5 Euros to the server and got the Exotic Mount token. I accidentally deleted the character with the token out of anger (all my gouges were parried/dodged lol) and when I asked the staff to give me back my token, and showing them I had the mounts already (as proof) they told me they could not do anything, so yea I kinda undersstand your situation. But well, it's only a 2k2 mount, you can do that rating again, imagine loosing a R1 mount.. Not saying it's fair but sometimes GMs change stuff and then for some reason they can't revert the process. In few words: deal with it, stay strong and try 2k2 again, sorry for your loss!

8. Just to clarify, GMs don't choose, maintain or implement changes like this. They are pretty much the in-game version of what Moderators are in the Forums. They monitor the game, they deal with tickets, they assist with the things they are able to, they receive reports and deal punishment where it's due, etc. They aren't able to hand out items or mounts, "revert" or restore characters or anything of the sort. Asking them to deal with a missing mount is the same as asking one of us to deal with a stolen account or transaction issues when donating. A GM being unable to assist you with something doesn't mean they are "giving the worst response" by informing you so, just that you are asking something that is outside what they can do.

9. Just to clarify, GMs don't choose, maintain or implement changes like this. They are pretty much the in-game version of what Moderators are in the Forums. They monitor the game, they deal with tickets, they assist with the things they are able to, they receive reports and deal punishment where it's due, etc. They aren't able to hand out items or mounts, "revert" or restore characters or anything of the sort. Asking them to deal with a missing mount is the same as asking one of us to deal with a stolen account or transaction issues when donating. A GM being unable to assist you with something doesn't mean they are "giving the worst response" by informing you so, just that you are asking something that is outside what they can do.
    I think those two guys with their lost mounts would much rather like to know who can actually help them.
    Edited: March 12, 2019

10. I think those two guys with their lost mounts would much rather like to know who can actually help them.
    And they had Malaco replying to them about that.
    The only reason I posted was over the term GMs being thrown around mistakenly.

11. Ok, so we have 0 chance to get our lost items back. Nice. Won't be any surprise if I will lose my char one day "by some core" mistakes. Have fun and take care.

12. Yes, Obnoxious, I didn't make a ticket asking GMs to fix world hunger in terms of WoW but i rather wanted someone to tell me who i can consult with about the issue. And I think both of us realize why this happened and why we cannot get our mounts back. I'm still wondering though, if there was no Malaco who should we talk with about such problems? Just ask on the forum?

13. They could solve the problem if they want. I'm sure there are at least 2 options. Give us the coins to buy it from the site, or just give us the mount via Mailbox.

14. Yes, Obnoxious, I didn't make a ticket asking GMs to fix world hunger in terms of WoW but i rather wanted someone to tell me who i can consult with about the issue.
    Only the thread creator showed his ticket, so I can't comment on what you might have asked or what reply you got. Assuming they were alike enough, the GM who answered your ticket gave you a reply stating our policy on such cases. Whether you asked for "fix world hunger" or not, if it's something a GM can't do and which our policy says isn't done, you'll get the same reply. Unless you offered more information than him, you are complaining about the reply, yet your ticket offered very little as far as information goes. Also, now you are saying you wanted to be told who you could consult, yet on your original post (and perhaps on your ticket as well), you made no mention of that, you just wanted a GM to solve it and then came complain about GMs not solving it. Nowhere you ever said anything remotely alike "the GM couldn't help me, is there someone else who can instead?"

And I think both of us realize why this happened and why we cannot get our mounts back.
    You mean we both know this happened because Blackrock had privileges that isolated it from all our other servers and now there's work being done to achieve a certain level of normalization among them all, and you can't get them back because with the new core your character shouldn't have had it when in the Alliance in the first place hence there would be nothing to transfer?

I'm still wondering though, if there was no Malaco who should we talk with about such problems?
    If there was no Malaco, there possibly or likely would be no Blackrock and then no such problems with Blackrock.

Just ask on the forum?
    In case you mean actually do something like "the GM couldn't help me, is there someone else who can instead?," sure, there are people who do that. Usually you would get told by players themselves that there isn't someone else to talk on cases like that, unless if it was something you got with coins you donated for (as we would honor those and arrange a replacement, obviously), and/or that you can try opening a Support ticket on our webpage (if a donor, contacting [email protected] otherwise) to see if maybe Smyth would be able to offer a solution. On certain cases, at our discretion, some Moderator might take interest in an issue and inquire about it (as happened with Palutena and myself on this, although by now I just regret it).

They could solve the problem if they want. I'm sure there are at least 2 options. Give us the coins to buy it from the site, or just give us the mount via Mailbox.
    For all I know there just might not be records of mounts you had before transferring to check if you actually did have it (or anyone else who might show up claiming the same.

Either way, as this thread doesn't seem to be headed anywhere constructive by now, I'm locking it. Malaco can still reply if there's any new information and it can be opened again if it's needed.

12 Last