1. Blackrock's activity at this moment.

As an 10 year player in molten and arena tournament , the warmane thing was really good for me. Tho recently im really unhappy with how things in blackrock are going. Icecrown is pretty fine , but you should really do some work on Blackrock if you dont want people to leave it. On my statistics - people are leaving the realm everyday , and its loosing its core top players. The competativeness is really low right now because good players leave.
    I really want to play in this realm but if something dosen't change , ill leave.
    And this is not a threat to warmane, its just mine and like 1000 more people's opinion.

Bring back Crystal- If you don't want it on 2s and 3s coz its crossrealm , add it on SoloQ at least. Queue time is really big , this will help out the queue time , and I bet more players will want to play.

Get Isle of Quel Danas again - Gurubashi is nice and all , but isle of quel danas was much funnier. Get them both - you loose nothing.

Arena cases - Arena cases contained random Xmog items - Why not implement them again , its a fun realm , make them more rare and it will be all fine.

Make arena flush 2 or 3 times a week- As old player I have never struggled to get my BiS gear on Blackrock and old AT , as now. This really screws up my mind and why is it like this.

SoloQ crossfaction for sure - no explanation here. Also make some rewards for healers to force them to queue up , has it been arena cases or something you guys think of.

As such old player it really bothers me where the realm is going , and I would at least love some answers from a Game Master to my suggestions and why implement them or why not.
    Thanks for reading.

2. I know this is too much work for you guys , but you can manage it and make the community happy.

3. The old AT realm won't return. Cross-realm makes it neccesary that Blackrock is more grindy than it used to be.
    You can't expect to have 2 or 3 arena flushes per week on Blackrock while the other realms have only 1 flush per week.
    Blackrock has to be in line with the other Wotlk realms now. That means gearing has to be harder.
    Edited: March 13, 2019

4. who said it has to be ? people there can donate alot of things , we are just fun server that needs gear. Already the wf items are cheaper - why is that not considered

5. As already told you in game (global channel) the server should not be considered anymore "fun" or "custom", it has been adapted to Lordaeron and Icecrown with the merge, so everything that is not blizz-like i.e. crystals in arena, is not supposed to exist in Blackrock, consider yourself lucky that you still have the soloq and free relentless gear and icc HC gear for rating.

6. Nah dont be a pesimist , I really want gm's to see this post and at least reply to it.

7. the server should not be considered anymore "fun" or "custom", it has been adapted to Lordaeron and Icecrown with the merge, so everything that is not blizz-like i.e. crystals in arena, is not supposed to exist in Blackrock
    Well, it's a bit hard to not consider the server as "custom" when we get instant 80, free starting gear, free and customized professions, free gems, free enchants, custom arena and honor rewards, custom soloq bracket, custom shopping zones, custom VIP zone, custom queuing places, custom duel zone, custom titles, custom transmog system, custom shadowmourne quest, custom gurubashi arena, no open world, no pve... sounds completely blizzlike to me.
    Obviously it's not a matter of considering. The server either is custom or isn't, and Blackrock is very much a custom and fun server.

My question is, do we really need to make such stupid cases and automatically dismiss any constructive suggestion or feedback regarding Blackrock? If so, why? How does it hurt the other servers to have, for example, crystal in arenas or a world pvp zone? Why not take this chance to turn Blackrock into a realm that is actually enjoyable to play on?

8. My question is, do we really need to make such stupid cases and automatically dismiss any constructive suggestion or feedback regarding Blackrock? If so, why? How does it hurt the other servers to have, for example, crystal in arenas or a world pvp zone? Why not take this chance to turn Blackrock into a realm that is actually enjoyable to play on?
    I'm all for additional custom content on Blackrock.
    If it was up to me I'd implement team death-match BGs since the majority doesn't care about BG objectives, ppl just want to pvp.
    I'd bring quel'danas back and make it a cross-realm PvP zone.
    I'd make soloq cross-faction.
    I'd make Wintergrasp cross-realm.

What I don't consider constructive are suggestions that would make the gearing on Blackrock easier.
    Ppl have to understand, when BiS gear is with no effort on Blackrock available then nobody would donate and no PvPer would play on the other Wotlk realms.

9. What I don't consider constructive are suggestions that would make the gearing on Blackrock easier.
    Ppl have to understand, when BiS gear is with no effort on Blackrock available then nobody would donate and no PvPer would play on the other Wotlk realms.
    Reason why people play on ICC obviously has to be PvE and whole open WoW world not purely PvP. I believe that all players who are focused exclusively on PvP have already found some instant PvP only server that they play on and I don't think that this is case of ICC players.
    I haven't met anybody who would suggest giving BiS equip for free ingame. There has to be strict line. Things people discuss are why to grind? Main requirement should be proven skill not time you spend at BGs while you can just be afk and let other people do the job. Current requirement of 2200 in dead 3v3 bracket for BiS weapons is also very far from "no effort" yet it also requires hell of a time to do as there are not many active teams around that rating at any time.

10. What I don't consider constructive are suggestions that would make the gearing on Blackrock easier.
    Allow me to disagree. Let me just start by saying that you seem like one of the more sensible people here who deny this notion. I also agree with the custom content you suggested. I'm not trying to be a contrarian or to nitpick, but I believe there still is a room for discussion.

Fist of all, no such cathastrophic scenario would happen. People who only care about PvP already are on Blackrock and they have always been a minority. The main appeal of Icecrown and Lordaeron is the full WoW experience. Icc and Lord players will not give this up just because it's easy to get gear on Blackrock, it didn't happen in the past, it won't happen now. In fact, we already had free BiS gear on Blackrock and it only resulted in massive loss of population which leads me to my second point.

Almost no one wants free or easy gear. People want the sense of accomplishment that comes with overcoming an obstacle. Whether it's easy to obtain gear or not isn't a question of honor rates or arena flushes. It's the question of rating requirement. The majority of players wouldn't reach full gear even if arena flush was every hour, and that's fine - there is your reason to donate.
    Now how does the gameplay look for a person who can reach the required rating easily? Play 10 games, go offline, wait a week, repeat. This is not difficulty, it's just a very annoying and unnecessary timegate.

11. People who only care about PvP already are on Blackrock and they have always been a minority.
    No, Blackrock was only attractive to those who want competitive arena.
    Ppl that are into PvP as a whole play mainly on Icecrown since Blackrock always used to have very limited PvP content when it comes to anything outside of arena.
    Imo it's about time that Blackrock finally makes it's transition from a arena only realm to a realm that covers all aspects of PvP and thus attracts a much larger playerbase.
    It's not like competitive arena players and "BG heroes" can't coexist on a pvp only realm.

There have to be decent rewards for honor grinding so PvPer that don't like arena have also smth to do.
    More PvP content has to be available for ppl that aren't into arena. Things like cross-realm WG, cross-realm quel'danas and team deathmatch BGs.

On the other hand I believe that those who want to do exclusively arena shouldn't be forced to do BGs.
    The best solution would probably be that each arena win rewards a bit of honor. The amount of honor could depend on the opponents MMR.
    That would make it worth to grind arena rather than doing only 10 games per week.
    However, farming honor that way shouldn't be faster than doing BGs. At least not on a low arena rating.
    Edited: March 14, 2019

12. @truthwow1
    Oh come on, you can't seriously believe there are enough pure PvP players on Icecrown and Lordaeron with the only thing preventing their mass exodus to Blackrock being the requirements to mindlessly grind for gear there. Does this non-issue really prevent us from making the annoying grind easier on Blackrock the way it always used to be?

Leaving that aside, you've actually managed to put forward quite a few decent suggestions. I believe there is already enough rewards for "bg heroes", they get full 264 offparts + trinkets. I'm all for crossrealm WG and custom pvp modes. Since most of the gear is obtained through honor, gaining honor from arenas is also a good idea for people who dislike bgs.
    Before we move to such advanced custom features, I believe it would be easier to focus on the simple stuff. Such as more frequent flushes and the old honor rate, I'm not convinced that it will negatively affect other realms, but I'm pretty sure that the current state of affairs will negatively affect Blackrock.

As a side note, you've actually managed to talk about suggestions that would admittedly make gearing on Blackrock easier, even though you said you don't consider such discussions constructive earlier. But don't take me wrong, it's definitely a good thing we are having this debate.

13. @truthwow1
    Oh come on, you can't seriously believe there are enough pure PvP players on Icecrown and Lordaeron with the only thing preventing their mass exodus to Blackrock being the requirements to mindlessly grind for gear there. Does this non-issue really prevent us from making the annoying grind easier on Blackrock the way it always used to be?
    I'm not talking about a exodus. Ppl that already have their fully decked out character on Icecrown have no reason to leave their realm.
    I'm talking about upcoming pvpers. Ppl that create new characters for pvp purpose and ppl that are going to start on Warmane.
    Now that we have cross-realm pvp the question is on what realm these players are going to start in the future and what incentives them to donate for that realm.
    If the whole gearing process on Blackrock is made even easier and faster than I'm pretty sure that this will cause unpredictable problems.
    I believe it would be easier to focus on the simple stuff. Such as more frequent flushes and the old honor rate,
    So, in other words: The old Blackrock realm with increased honor rates and several flushes a week but connected to the other realms that don't have these things.
    I'm not convinced that it will negatively affect other realms, but I'm pretty sure that the current state of affairs will negatively affect Blackrock.
    Well, it most likely would negatively affect the other realms and we are talking here about realms that have a much larger playerbase and generate more income than Blackrock.
    Isn't it obvious where Warmanes priority should be?
    As a side note, you've actually managed to talk about suggestions that would admittedly make gearing on Blackrock easier, even though you said you don't consider such discussions constructive earlier. But don't take me wrong, it's definitely a good thing we are having this debate.
    As I said, the honor gain per hour through arena should be similar to BGs.
    It wouldn't make gearing easier or faster. It much rather would make arena grind a alternative to the BG grind.

If the honor rates are just increased like you suggested then all the honor gear would be purchased after a few BGs.
    Ppl that aren't into arena would have nothing to do on Blackrock.
    There would also be no purpose for having Wintergrasp because nobody would need honor anyways.
    Edited: March 15, 2019

14. There are incredibly smart Blackrock players that give such a magnificent ideas to make the pvp better. We need the people that are in charge of those changes to reply to this post , and see whats gonna happen. Hopefully they will read it , at least respect our time thrown into the thread and our effort to make the realm a better place , which is MINE and probably yours only goal.

15. I'm not talking about a exodus. Ppl that already have their fully decked out character on Icecrown have no reason to leave their realm.
    I'm talking about upcoming pvpers. Ppl that create new characters for pvp purpose and ppl that are going to start on Warmane.
    Now that we have cross-realm pvp the question is on what realm these players are going to start in the future and what incentives them to donate for that realm.
    If the whole gearing process on Blackrock is made even easier and faster than I'm pretty sure that this will cause unpredictable problems.
    Okay, I finally understand what you mean. But it looks like we have a completely opposite ways of seeing these scenarios, because to me, it seems like a good thing. Isn't it desirable having the upcoming players who are focused purely on PvP choose Blackrock over a different realm?
    I mean, to me it sounds like "Let's not make Blackrock too enjoyable, because then people would actually play there". Blackrock is a pure pvp realm and for me, it's a no brainer that it should offer the best possible experience to pure pvp players.
    Oh, and there is plenty incentive to donate on Blackrock even with the old rates. Many people can't reach the required rating to obtain the best gear. The requirement for ICC 25 heroic weapons is 2200 in 3v3. Perhaps one in thousand players can reach it, the rest can donate if they want.

So, in other words: The old Blackrock realm with increased honor rates and several flushes a week but connected to the other realms that don't have these things.

Well, it most likely would negatively affect the other realms and we are talking here about realms that have a much larger playerbase and generate more income than Blackrock.
    Isn't it obvious where Warmanes priority should be?
    It certainly is obvious where Warmane's priority should be. But I don't think they need to make such a choice, because I still haven't heard a convincing argument why would this negatively affect the other realms. I don't even know where the supposed problem lies, so I can't really argue for or against it. Do you or anyone else have a clear idea?

If the honor rates are just increased like you suggested then all the honor gear would be purchased after a few BGs.
    Ppl that aren't into arena would have nothing to do on Blackrock.
    There would also be no purpose for having Wintergrasp because nobody would need honor anyways.
    I disagree. This is just my point of view, but I have been gearing up various characters ever since the wipe and I still have plenty things to do. So far, I have two full geared frost mages to queue with different partners + frostfire/arcane gear for bgs (full pve offparts and 4/5 set), full geared fire mage (full spirit wf offparts and staff) + gear for duels and bgs (full crit wf offparts + dagger), full geared ele shaman, full geared enha shaman, almost full geared arms warrior (missing legs), almost full geared retri paladin (missing legs) + almost full retri gear (missing legs and head). Some characters also have multiple trinkets for different setups.
    What I had planned next was a full pve prot gear for my war, full stamina/resil pvp gear for my war, resil gear for my paladin, full geared warlock, full geared dk, I've also been thinking of creating a bala druid.

We are talking millions of honor points and tens of thousands arena points. But it was manageable with the old rates (could be better with more frequent flushes), it's impossible with the new ones and I've honestly lost motivation.
    For me and many others, the main appeal of Blackrock was to be able to try out different classes, setups and to be able to pvp without too much of an additional hassle. The custom features made this proces even more enjoyable, things such as being able to transfer honor between characters by selling arena cases, or free faction change to try out different builds and looks. Losing all these possibilities is a huge step back and I don't believe the population boost is going to last for very long.

In conclusion, why am I even writing all these long posts? Because I still believe reverting some of the changes should be open to debate and not easily dismissed. Rather than complicated and questionable features like mercenary mode, simple changes like the ones in this thread should be the main point of focus.

12 Last