1. the x7 conundrum.

So, Since I don't see recent discussion on this, unless I am completely blind, me and my friend have noticed the issue of not getting gear fast enough to stay relevant to content for your level, especially in dungeons, when early game you can see people with nothing but white gear and just not being able to do the most basic dungeon.

Is there ways to counteract levelling too fast to get gear that's good enough for the dungeons and areas your're at the level for? Minus just buying looms and gear from the AH.

tl;dr the speed you level at makes it hard to get gear good enough, and keep it that way without spending dollah.

2. One thing I haven't fully tried, but have considered doing was going 4 levels above the zone you're in because half of 7 is 3.5, which I round up to 4. Example, if you want to go to Westfall, be level 14 first.

Being 7 levels above a zone might be something to take into consideration as well, I don't know.

3. At lower levels, where it matters the most, the item rewards are often behind few quests down the chain. People tend to only take quick quests so they can level fast.
    Meaning they don't progress the quest chain for nicer rewards.
    What's wrong doing (just turned) gray/green difficulty quests in hopes of quest rewards/BoE green drops.
    Professions helps. If not by crafting gear for yourself, then for gold and using some of it on AH.

4. I'm new to Warmane, but certainly not to WoW. If everything works as it did back in the day, I would imagine that random dungeons could prove to be the best alternative. Granted, I play tanks and healers almost exclusively, and have for about 10 years, so queue times are/were pretty consistently short. I would venture to guess that DPS could continue questing and/or level professions in the downtime waiting for a pop. Not exactly compelling gameplay, but it would allow you to keep on top of profs whilst still getting the "biggest bang for your time", especially if you have a gathering prof. Again, I could be completely wrong as I haven't had the time myself to test the theory, though I do plan on hitting it hard this week.

5. This is an odd addition to this conversation, but multiboxing slightly solves this issue. Quest exp is still x7, but your kill exp is significantly lowered because you have a full party. I usually can't leave an area without being gray, or at least having a few gray quests. The only part of the game where this is not valid, is outland, where you leave hellfire at 66-67, almost reaching 68, where you head into northrend.

6. So, Since I don't see recent discussion on this, unless I am completely blind, me and my friend have noticed the issue of not getting gear fast enough to stay relevant to content for your level, especially in dungeons, when early game you can see people with nothing but white gear and just not being able to do the most basic dungeon.

Is there ways to counteract levelling too fast to get gear that's good enough for the dungeons and areas your're at the level for? Minus just buying looms and gear from the AH.

tl;dr the speed you level at makes it hard to get gear good enough, and keep it that way without spending dollah.
    Lol get a gathering profession and buy gear. For example, you can sell copper bars/ore to get gold for gear all the way to 60+ easy. You can sell copper bars for like 50g a stack. And the price of a level 50-60 rare goes for 15-60g. Would only take a couple hours of farming at best. Level 80s are too lazy to farm that stuff themselves and blow their gold to level up professions
    Edited: March 16, 2019