1. Helping Newer Players Get Into The Realm

I played Blackrock casually before the merge, and one of the biggest issues I find (especially during a new season) is the difference in gear. I get that you want people to have some level of grinding to earn gear. But to be honest, at this point in the server's history, why not just make gear free? Let people make new classes they've never tried before and let them play them casually in BGs or something. Or even just make it so you can buy things with just honor and no rating requirement.

I come from another server, so having to re-gear a character is just going through hell again. And the issue is, is that gear means so much in this expac that you can't really have fun playing arena when the other team is BiS geared. How is a 5600 gs Warlock supposed to kill a 6500+ gs Warrior? It's impossible. Most people that come to play on this server just want to have some casual fun or hop into arenas and go at it; why not just give them the gear to do so. I'm sure most people have gotten 2k+ by now in their career playing WoW, why force them to keep doing it just to compete with people who are playing their toons who are BiS from years ago?

2. Among other reasons, this would definitely undermine the other realms in arenas/battlegrounds since cross realm is active.