1. Pyroblast pales in comparison to AM. I mean come on with proper buffs and lucky crits one AM can do over 100k damage in less than 1,4 seconds. Add onto that a precasted AB for 30k and a Arcane Barrage for 10k after it. In less than 1,5 sec you have done almost 150k dmg...

2. Well, if you looking for constant high crits in bgs, w/o stacking like arcane, id go for:
    1)ele sham, 100% crit lava burst (bonus thunderstorm pushing ppl off cliffs)
    2) chaos bolt, powerful as **** (bonus aoe 3s stuns)
    3) ambush (bonus stealth and shadowstep)
    4) judgment/divine storm (bonus with wings)
    5)mage fire - instant Pyros from hot streak so much fun (bonus dragons breath disorient and blazzing speed)
    6)Hunter chimera shot with Serpent Sting on (bonus kill shot)

Honorable mention to druids, starfire is cool and starfall for aoe is damn good.

I only consider the abilities that hits hard and you can use them often, so they give much fun at bgs

3. Well here are my types:
    - Lava Burst from ele shamans. Can be instant, with BiS PvE gear you can one-shot nibs with ease. shamans are very very bursty in general.
    - Warlocks Chaos Bolt. Hits like a truck, probably highest one-hitting spell in PvP atm, but I can be wrong as I have very little experience as warlock in PvP.
    - Arcane Mages can dish out severe burst damage, but in my opinion not as high as warlocks or shamans, but very high nonetheless. Again, not much experience with arcane mages unfortunately.
    - Best one out so far - aforementioned Ambush + Kiling Spree combo. Not exactly a one-shot burst but very high killing potential.
    - Hunter's Chimera Shot is pretty powerful, but doesn't compare to the previously mentioned options. Kill shot is slightly more powerful and has insane range (51) yards but only on 20% or less health.
    - Fire Mages have insta Pyroblast sometimes, deals a huge chunk of damage, but I think Lava Burst is slightly better and definitely more consistent.
    - Warrior's Bladestorm hits pretty damn hard but is more stretched over time and relatively easy to avoid.

Every class has a potential to one-shot nibs, but under very special conditions, and some of them do it easier than others.
    - BiS PvE gear is mandatory, sacrificing a great deal of survivability and it basically makes you a glass cannon. Fun in BGs though with a strong pocket healer :)
    - Every possible proc, trinket and buff should be up for some classes to compare to others in this regard.
    - Opponent must be squishy as ****, tanks are impossible to burst down with 1 hit no matter what.
    - Berserk buff makes this trivial in some cases.
    - Sometimes a one-shot potential is possible only with a specific type of gear, like 2x 2.6 weapons for a Combat Rogue, when it is not advised at all to play with two slow weapons in this spec.
    - One-shot builds sometimes require extreme talent altering which renders the player basically useless outside their short burst windows.
    - Some one-shot builds are in specs that are generally not meant to be played in PvP, like a Fury Warrior or Combat Rogue.
    - There is a reason that burst specs are not widely used in PvP besides trolling, because high tier PvP is more about survivability and consistent damage than anything else, burst is welcome but it's not the highest priority, besides killing a super tanky healer.

If you want to one-shot people, make a 20-man boomkin multibox. One Moonfire and BAM, everyone is dead :) You can also use starfalls, rush into a group of people and watch everyone die in a matter of seconds.

I'm sure I missed something, but I'm by no means an expert in regard of burst in PvP. From my experience, shaman is very good and this and is also not useless.

4. Starfall
    Pyroblast
    Soul Fire

/thread

First 123