1. Hardest Hitting Ability / Spell in Game?? In PvP??

Hey Guys!

So recently I have been watching some Xaryu clips on Youtube from BoA of 3 Fire Mage Arenas. THey just keeping hitting people with Greater Pyroblasts = spell hitting for 25% HP or so I believe.

Which let me thinking:

What is the hardest hitting regular ability in PvP (you can cast it without much of a setup)??

I have some runner ups:

--- Warrior Shield Slam with proper build - but I am not sure if this was nerfed already?

--- Warlock Chos Bolt?

--- Warlock Soul Fire? (although I never played Lock and also heard this is PvE only spell?)

--- Shaman Lava Burst?

--- Hunter Chimera Shot? (not counting in Kill Shot - since opponent has to be under 20% fro that)

--- Arcane Mage Arcane Blast?

And I don't have much knowledge of other classes ...

Is there any ability capable to do 10k or even 20k crits in PvP regularly??

Something similar to this Greater Pyroblast from BoA??

Thanks!

2. It depends.
    1. How much time do you give to the burst? Certain classes got instant burst while others got a ramp up time before it comes.
    2. In PvP or PvE gear?

If you want "instants" that hits the hardest then Chimaera Shot, Mortal Strike, Divine Storm and Ambush are you top candidates.
    If you allow ramp up spells then the hardest hitting class will hands down be Arcane Mage with a 4x Arcane Blast stacked Arcane Missiles. Demonology warlocks can hit hard aswell if you allow them to cast during Decimation. Destro warlocks and Elemental Shamans in PvE gear will not be far behind.

Judging from what you seem to be seeking, Hunter, Arms War or Paladin is what you want.

3. Arpen hard capped Combat Rogue's Killing Spree with x2 2.60 weapon..

4. Only problem is that you can basically only do it once every 1,2-2 min. Not to mention that if your enemy pops a defensive CD it is thwarted.

5. Feral druid Ferocious Bite, will regularly hit 10k+ on cloth, up to 25k+ on full pve cloth. Probably the hardest hitting meele ability. Needs a bit of prep tho (2-3 sec)

For spells, Soul Fire from Demonology Warlock, stacked Arcane Blast from Arcane Mage probably.

6. It depends.
    1. How much time do you give to the burst? Certain classes got instant burst while others got a ramp up time before it comes.
    2. In PvP or PvE gear?

If you want "instants" that hits the hardest then Chimaera Shot, Mortal Strike, Divine Storm and Ambush are you top candidates.
    If you allow ramp up spells then the hardest hitting class will hands down be Arcane Mage with a 4x Arcane Blast stacked Arcane Missiles. Demonology warlocks can hit hard aswell if you allow them to cast during Decimation. Destro warlocks and Elemental Shamans in PvE gear will not be far behind.

Judging from what you seem to be seeking, Hunter, Arms War or Paladin is what you want.
    I am looking for a SPAMable super hard hitting one ability. You can be in PvE gear of course. Somthing as similar to Greater Pyroblast as possible.

7. I just checked and Soul Fire seems to be the closest candidate. It has 5sec cast time. It's spamable and hits for 1.5k base dmg. Any reason why you need to be Demolock to use it? I mean I guess you can use it in any spec?

8. Hmmm just done some testing on training dummies on Blackrock with different chars in same gear (mostly PvE set + PvP offparts so they still have around 700-1000 resi) and Chimera shot definitely hits super low ...

Regular Pyro does about 9k. Also Chos Bolt hits good but has Cooldown ...

Aimed shot is trash ...

Only spell hitting above 10k is Lava Burst or so from Shaman ...

Haven't tested Arcane Mage yet ...

Hmm ...

9. You forget a rather major detail SteelGrip, that the spells you mentioned needs time. And time is in short supply in the BGs. A 1,5 sec cast is on the brink of being too long. The obvious advantage of Paladins, Hunters, Warriors etc is that their damage is instant.

10. Only problem is that you can basically only do it once every 1,2-2 min. Not to mention that if your enemy pops a defensive CD it is thwarted.
    Stun > Killing Spree can solve that issue easily..
    Long cd because it is powerful burst. Self explain..

11. Stun > Killing Spree can solve that issue easily..
    Long cd because it is powerful burst. Self explain..
    You forget that PvP trinket + any defensive CD will render it useless. Which is quite likely to happen.

12. So much offtopic ...

Anyways hardest hitting spell so far from my testing on Black Rock is Arcane Blast and you only need to put a Slow on Dummy and if you can cast it 4 times that 4th one hits like a track :D

Anyways thanks for pointing Arcane Mage out!

13. You forget that PvP trinket + any defensive CD will render it useless. Which is quite likely to happen.
    Dude we are talking about Rogue, not warrior or else.

Cheap Shot > Killing Spree

This case is happens in 1.5-2 sec.

Yes, you can pop up your pvp trinket while ghost..

14. So much offtopic ...

Anyways hardest hitting spell so far from my testing on Black Rock is Arcane Blast and you only need to put a Slow on Dummy and if you can cast it 4 times that 4th one hits like a track :D

Anyways thanks for pointing Arcane Mage out!
    Lol my first BG 11 killing Blows. 1 Death :D. Not to shaby :D

And I was the only guy with so low deaths :D

Love this Mage :D

15. Cheap Shot > Killing Spree
    This case is happens in 1.5-2 sec.
    DK: Trinket/IBF + Pet Sacrifice (+ Rune Tap/VPB) (pet takes 50% of the dmg)
    Druid: Bearform + Barkskin (+SI if feral, if resto Instant HT).
    Hunter: Trinket + Disengage (pet eats 50% ofthe dmg)
    Mage: IB/Blink.
    Paladin: Bubble, Hand of P, Shield + 1h.
    Priest: Dispersion, PS, GS.
    Rogue: Vanish. Sometimes it breaks though.
    Shaman: Stoneclaw totem, Shamanistic Rage, Swift+HT.
    Warlock: Teleport / VW Sacrifice.
    Warrior: 1h+shield, Shield Wall.

123 Last