1. As much as I love TBC (I started WoW with this xpac) I find that it's not aged well, it's too grinding and time consuming and at least for me it's not worth to play anymore.

2. Butkus, that fully geared Orc Warrior that grunts you from 100 yards away

Servers "almost" fine, if it gets worse, the should find ways to get people more involved such as reduce honor grind, add transmog, or points to server, etc.

3. pretty much a huge amount of players left once warglaives were released in the shop.

remember the days when outland actually had a queue to get in? lul

4. Right because when the glaives came in the store the que to login to outland was still there??
    No the que to login to the server was already long gone before glaives were on store so please do not tunnelvision on the glaives saying its because of them the pop dropped coz that kinda is BS. The biggest pop drop was well before glaives were in store.

5. "Warglaives" is the go-to excuse for the overall population decrease used by people who left over them, who also often forget we had at one time two Burning Crusade servers, and they got merged because the population of the low-rates one was too small. From my point of view, thing is simply that most people joined on the hype of a high-quality "new" expansion, split between people who never had played before and those who didn't really remember what WoW was like back then, and then were faced with the harsh reality of the grind and lack of features the game had on this expansion. There's a nice amount of people who endured it, but most found out it just wasn't what they wanted. The increased difficulty on certain things was seen as a roadblock by many others who eventually also left. Warglaives in the shop might have made a few leave, but certainly more left on bandwagon/peer-pressure (guild moving because leader had issues with the item, one friend moving and nagging the others to move as well, someone reads the item is in the shop from someone declaring the death of the Universe and believes that's completely gamebreaking for the server as a whole, etc).

6. Butkus, that fully geared Orc Warrior that grunts you from 100 yards away

Servers "almost" fine, if it gets worse, the should find ways to get people more involved such as reduce honor grind, add transmog, or points to server, etc.
    what i said holds true and yes what i said about the other servers hold true as well. my point was is that warmanes outland is the best made tbc server out there and its population is still pretty good for a private server even more so when we know there are two new tbc servers that just went up. alot of people from here are playing on the new servers just because they are new and everyone is out questing. the one thing the new servers did do right was not allowing boxers something that warmane should have done.

the honor grind for TBC is fine l2p and carry thats what people need to do if you want to win as most sit around wanting free gear. no need to change how tbc plays if thats what people want they should go back and play the crap fest that is wrath and sit in wintergrasp and watch boxers kill everyone.but i do agree with adding things like transmog or points to the server that should have been done along time ago.

also keep in mind blizz dropped a new x-pac a while back and are going to drop classic sometime = people will go play them/ try them out.
    Edited: March 25, 2019

7. "Warglaives" is the go-to excuse for the overall population decrease used by people who left over them, who also often forget we had at one time two Burning Crusade servers, and they got merged because the population of the low-rates one was too small. From my point of view, thing is simply that most people joined on the hype of a high-quality "new" expansion, split between people who never had played before and those who didn't really remember what WoW was like back then, and then were faced with the harsh reality of the grind and lack of features the game had on this expansion. There's a nice amount of people who endured it, but most found out it just wasn't what they wanted. The increased difficulty on certain things was seen as a roadblock by many others who eventually also left. Warglaives in the shop might have made a few leave, but certainly more left on bandwagon/peer-pressure (guild moving because leader had issues with the item, one friend moving and nagging the others to move as well, someone reads the item is in the shop from someone declaring the death of the Universe and believes that's completely gamebreaking for the server as a whole, etc).
    all you guys had to do was hold off on adding Warglaives so soon, you guys should have waited until s4 and swp gear got added to the shop then add Warglaives with them. allowing only rogues the choice to BUY bis weapons/Warglaives when others cant yet = s4/swp is just dumb,either we all can or no one should.

8. From my point of view, thing is simply that most people joined on the hype of a high-quality "new" expansion, split between people who never had played before and those who didn't really remember what WoW was like back then, and then were faced with the harsh reality of the grind and lack of features the game had on this expansion.
    TBC is a very grindy xpac but Warmane made Outland also unnecessary grindy by setting everything beside XP to x1 rates.
    Professions and reputation are essential for the gearing progress in TBC and it's obvious that it discourage players when they have to grind them on x1 rates.
    That grind can't even be skipped by donors because a instant prof or rep feature isn't available for coins.
    It's a design flaw that ppl are able to buy high end gear in the store but then aren't even able to enter a HC dungeon before they made the monotonous x1 rep grind.
    Same story with weapon skills. Whats the point of having x1 rates on weapon skills on a high rate realm? It's just unnecessary...

I think the lack of features in TBC is less of a problem than the monotonous grind.
    Some quality of life features such as dual-spec have already been applied.
    Edited: March 25, 2019

9. Right because when the glaives came in the store the que to login to outland was still there??
    No the que to login to the server was already long gone before glaives were on store so please do not tunnelvision on the glaives saying its because of them the pop dropped coz that kinda is BS. The biggest pop drop was well before glaives were in store.
    i was using the warglaives as an example. the cash shop in general is what made people leave.

a huge amount of people left when kara gear was in the cash shop when kara/ssc was the only raid at the time, then hyjal items was released in the cash shop when BT was the top raid at the time. made raiding hyjal pointless.

when they finally released the final BT items in the cash shop, it made raiding BT pointless so most guilds just mainly raided sunwell and got bored of the game because they lacked the patience to actually learn the progression and couldent handle full wipe day raids as a guild.

alot of people didnt leave because of the "grind", thats a stupid excuse. the cash shop made people skip the "grind" and ultimately made the game boring for themself because they had endgame gear but no endgame skill.

warmane basically ****ed themself by releasing items too fast in the cash shop, making guilds skip the grind of doing multiple raids. they probably thought making sunwell mega hard would fix that and people would stay just to raid sunwell like the wotlk server but TBC isnt like WOTLK, wotlk also has people staying for the pvp. cant say the same for tbc.

10. lol the tunnel vision is real, because you do not like the shop +- 10-15k ppl quit this game sounds about right.
    Edited: March 26, 2019

11. Should owners wanted it, is such a thing as transmog feasible on Outland, on a technical point of view?

My short opinion on the main topic here that people need to accept compromises in order to have any kind of TBC realm decently populated. Splitting people with different aspirations across multiple realms would make them too sparsely populated.

Want to do a Kara then T5 progression "by the book" here then you have to make it happen. I will try to look on the planning side, schedule up. A OpenRaid-style planner would be nice.

12. I for one would bust my *** creating script to kick people every time they say 'server ded,dead,did etc' it worked on different servers every time someone mention other servers.I saw so many people leaving after someone start with 'server is dead' newbies end up in the conversation with trolls,who simply turn them away with their hate.

Just because people got used to 10 k people online,it doesn't mean server is dead.There are plenty of servers running for half decade now,with even 200 people online at all times.Why and how?Well communities got rid of trolls and haters,easily.How?By not inviting them into any kind of participation.Good luck having good time playing solo.

Also,low populated servers implemented cross faction bg's and dungeons/raids.Its natural thing to do when you have low population,to avoid long queues,and neverendless lfg hc's.If i can't find group for hours which happens a lot as a dps or healer sometimes,or when i have 2 hours queues,with 800 people online,first thing im going to do is to be patient,but u can be patient for so long...I want to actually play when im online,not spend hours waiting to play.

This is not retail nor vanilla,when horde and ally were sworn enemies.This is private server with people having chars on both sides.So stop listening to those people who ***** 'i dont want to group with horde as ally or vice versa.Because of those people servers never progress and always going backwards.

13. For starters, for you to have any resemblance of a point the other private servers would have had to accumulate over twenty thousands players - or fine, let's say just "the major part of that" to give you some leeway. It would be the only way for all the people playing our servers to already be aware of exactly what the expansion was like, how grindy it was, how attunements worked, what to expect. But not just that: it would require all those thousands of people to at the same time be aware of all of that AND have a memory lapse to still join a server that had low rates on many things that they wouldn't bear, at the same time knowing what to expect and that they wouldn't like it that way, but playing it anyway. I personally put more faith in our players than believing that.

To top it off, you say people joined because of the xp rates, which already weren't what Burning Crusade was like. That just reinforces the point people left because they didn't want to handle the expansion's grinding - and I'll bet mostly for not knowing what it was like before playing. Your whole point can be summed up as a contradictory "you're wrong, it's not that people don't like the way the expansion works, it's that you didn't tweak the expansion with extra rates so people like it."

But hey, keep on blaming it not on how the expansion works (which could be tweaked with custom rates, but wouldn't change the fact what people dislike is how the expansion is au naturel, the need for tweaks for people to consider it bearable should be blatant proof of that), but on Warglaives. I'm not here to dispel anyone's Boogieman.

The population was already low before they were released? Shh! If you say that out loud the Warglaives under the bed will pull your feet!

PS: Bonus points for the next post: "Burning Crusade is objectively the best version of WoW. It only needs multipliers on everything that makes people not play it or they will leave the best version of WoW in droves."
    TBC is wow's prime years and it is the best x=pac wow has giving us. even here on outland you had 2 tbc servers correct?and had over 12k people on it and most of them stayed around for end game. yes that means they grinded all the rep all the bg and arena many times over so its not the grind that made them leave, maybe it was they did what they wanted to in game?like full s4/swp geared toons.....

like i said the issue with outland atm is that everyone who plays TBC is spread out over 4 servers atm.

14. most of them stayed around for end game. yes that means they grinded all the rep all the bg and arena many times over so its not the grind that made them leave, maybe it was they did what they wanted to in game?like full s4/swp geared toons.....
    What is the logical thing that ppl do after reaching end game gear with their character? They start another class.
    Who has the patience to do the same x1 grinds for a second time on a alt char? Barely anyone.
    Due to the long grind veterans rather leave than starting alt characters.
    like full s4/swp geared toons.....
    Until this day barely anyone reached BiS gear on Outland.
    I have seen only a handful of players with s4 shoulders. Even those who are full s4 are still missing Weapons, offparts or trinket from SWP which would be BiS in PvP.
    Almost nobody has weapons from KT.
    Most veterans left before they even fully progressed through TBC.

15. What is the logical thing that ppl do after reaching end game gear with their character? They start another class.
    Who has the patience to do the same x1 grinds for a second time on a alt char? Barely anyone.
    Due to the long grind veterans rather leave than starting alt characters.

Until this day barely anyone reached BiS gear on Outland.
    I have seen only a handful of players with s4 shoulders. Even those who are full s4 are still missing Weapons, offparts or trinket from SWP which would be BiS in PvP.
    Almost nobody has weapons from KT.
    Most veterans left before they even fully progressed through TBC.
    what are you talking about?do you know the # of countless people that made more then 1 toon on outland?do you know how many people had many level 70's that they leveled up and geared up for the sole reason to sell?i have two 70's on outland my main is bis and my alt has 3/4ths bis i had them geared for so long...

veteran players know TBC is harder then wrath and we know its better as well thats why we play tbc. saying people left outland cause the hard grinding is dumb as i said most stayed until end game.

First 1234 ... Last