1. Unable to create new char

Having 10 characters in my account and attempting to create the 11th consists on me getting the same error message saying 'You already have the maximum number of characters allowed on this realm'.
    Can confirm that my website account login only states 10 characters in the account.
    Can confirm that the previous 11th character(s) no longer exist, as per Armory and friend's list.

Any possible fixes?

2. Use the trading system.
    Post one of your characters > create new > withdraw.
    Characters on trading system are no longer directly connected to your account at least until you withdraw them which doesn't mean you can exceed the ingame limit > 11 (MoP) / 10 (WotLK). You can have total of 21 (MoP) / 20 (WotLK) characters per account. 10 @ trading system and 11/10 ingame.

3. Use the trading system.
    Post one of your characters > create new > withdraw.
    Characters on trading system are no longer directly connected to your account at least until you withdraw them which doesn't mean you can exceed the ingame limit > 11 (MoP) / 10 (WotLK). You can have total of 21 (MoP) / 20 (WotLK) characters per account. 10 @ trading system and 11/10 ingame.
    Wouldn't work if all my remaining 10 chars are needed there.
    The ghost char is the 11th, which I can't think of what's causing it. Solution would be a GM or someone, to delete that one char getting me stuck.