1. A warlock, death knight and shaman enter a bar

FOR WOTLK

A warlock, death knight and shaman enter a bar. They have to pick professions. They can only pick from the following combinations and once the profession has been picked it can not be picked again; Tailor/Enchant; Alchemy/Herbalism; Skinning/Leatherworking.

Sorry about the clickbait. I just need some help picking professions. I have a DK I plan on doing some casual tanking and some more serious DPS with. I have a Shaman I plan on doing some casual DPS and more serious healing. I have a warlock I plan on going purely pve afflic with.

Which class should get Tailor/Enchant, Alchemy/Herbalism, Skinning/Leatherworking? Why? (no other profession combinations are possible)
    Edited: March 21, 2019 Reason: included game version

2. lmao

Do you plan on playing Resto with the Shaman any? If so, I'd suggest Alchemy for that one. If not, probably Leatherworking so you can craft yourself some gear.
    Tailoring is for whichever you want the most NUKE potential on. If you're not concerned about that, put it on the Warlock if you need to craft gear for it.

p.s.
    What do noobs and Rogues have in common?

Spoiler: Show

They both pick Locks.

3. yeah, resto with shaman.

So you're thinking shaman with alchemy/herb, lock with tailor/enchant and DK with skinning/LW?

What if you're not really concerned with making gear and only interested in the SP/AP/HP/MP bonuses?

4. Then the only one you need to bother with allocating correctly is Tailoring, because the bonus it gives is large&temporary, whereas the others are smaller but constant. Skinning might be worth consideration, though, as the crit may be more or less valuable depending the class and spec choice.

5. Then the only one you need to bother with allocating correctly is Tailoring, because the bonus it gives is large&temporary, whereas the others are smaller but constant. Skinning might be worth consideration, though, as the crit may be more or less valuable depending the class and spec choice.
    TY. That's a good way to look at it.

6. Dk - bs jc
    Shaman - engi jc
    Lock - warlock ench

Leave rest for alts

7. Oh you bastard, I was looking forward to that joke, it involves my 3 fav classes, ohwell.

From having all professions myself and all classes this is what I personally would go for.

DK - LW/Skinning
    Lock - Tailor/Ench
    Shaman - Alch/Herb.
    Edited: March 23, 2019

8. Alchemy would be the only main profession in the game that dosen't give you any boost, it gives you 1 extra hour when you use a flask instead
    Excuse you, but mixology adds more stat to the flask you use. 47 spellpower on a Frostwyrm flask, as opposed to something like 46 spellpower you would get from BS or 48 spellpower you would get from JC.
    Even just reading the mixology tooltip should indicate that you DO get a "boost": http://www.cavernoftime.com/spell=53042

9. Your absolutely right, I have been missinformed for years =S
    The buff itself dosen't say but if you calculate it on your stats it's shown.