1. Need help gearing up my resto shaman

Hi all,

I am new to this server and just got my first character (resto shaman) to level 80.

Can anybody help me figure out what dungeons or quests I should focus on completing to get better gear?

2. Get the addon called AtlasLoot and check all the dungeons for gear that has spell power/ mana per 5 seconds / haste) while you're at low gear, later on switch from mp5 to crit and go full sp/crit/haste items with appropriate gems. Resto shamans are flexible on gear, it all depends on how you want to play it. If you want to spam Chain Heal with mana CDs then get haste, if you want to spam Chain Heal without a single mana CD get more MP5, less haste. Spell power is always welcome.

Anyway, as this is already endgame realm you should gear up a bit in RDF/RDFHC just to get up to ~4k, then do your daily FOS/POS/HOR (maybe HOR) HC and farm normals, heroic has ilvl232 gear, hc has ilvl219 gear. Do weekly VOA10/25, TOC10/25 if you get into a group. At low gear I'd recommend HOR HC trinket (something Snowflake, restores mana on heal) and TOC 25 trinket (Solace of the fallen/defeated) is, or at least in some occasions, bis.

Once you get enough VPs upgrade your worst item. Go for items you can't get easily ingame, such as weapons and trinkets.
    As far as specific items, I can't be bothered looking for names, but as I said, you can play any style you like. SP/Crit/Haste items work really great later on, but early on you might like some mp5 items. Whenever you have a lot of Points on check your worst items and see what will be the best upgrade, depending on how you play your shaman.

3. Get the addon called AtlasLoot and check all the dungeons for gear that has spell power/ mana per 5 seconds / haste) while you're at low gear, later on switch from mp5 to crit and go full sp/crit/haste items with appropriate gems. Resto shamans are flexible on gear, it all depends on how you want to play it. If you want to spam Chain Heal with mana CDs then get haste, if you want to spam Chain Heal without a single mana CD get more MP5, less haste. Spell power is always welcome.

Anyway, as this is already endgame realm you should gear up a bit in RDF/RDFHC just to get up to ~4k, then do your daily FOS/POS/HOR (maybe HOR) HC and farm normals, heroic has ilvl232 gear, hc has ilvl219 gear. Do weekly VOA10/25, TOC10/25 if you get into a group. At low gear I'd recommend HOR HC trinket (something Snowflake, restores mana on heal) and TOC 25 trinket (Solace of the fallen/defeated) is, or at least in some occasions, bis.

Once you get enough VPs upgrade your worst item. Go for items you can't get easily ingame, such as weapons and trinkets.
    As far as specific items, I can't be bothered looking for names, but as I said, you can play any style you like. SP/Crit/Haste items work really great later on, but early on you might like some mp5 items. Whenever you have a lot of Points on check your worst items and see what will be the best upgrade, depending on how you play your shaman.

i want to add to this.

As a resto shaman you have two routes you can take when gearing, you can go the Crit route or the MP5 route.

The Crit route focuses on healing with Lesser Healing Wave and relies on its improved crit chance from talents for mana sustain, you will see smaller overall healing numbers but you will be applying your heals much more frequently than a Healing Wave build.

The MP5 route focuses on healing with Healing Wave, and relies on your MP5 gear for mana sustain, you will be trying to maintain improved haste from your talents through applying riptide and chain heal to cast fast Healing Waves, you will see bigger healing numbers but you will be casting less than the Lesser Healing Wave build and you are more likely to overheal.

Generally speaking, people who play Ele spec usually choose the Crit/Lesser Healing Wave build since they don't need to change much gear, the downside to this is that the Crit build tends to go OOM faster than the MP5 build if you just spam everything, but it is more suited to fights where the damage isn't focused on a single target and you need to heal multiple targets who have taken medium amounts of damage, while the MP5 build is mainly for tank healing and more suitable for longer fights.