1. Why roll Icecrown for PvP instead of Blackrock?

So a question that I have seen been asked here and there as of late is this: Why should anyone interested in PvP alone choose Icecrown or Lordaeron instead of Blackrock?

While the crossrealm BG implementation reduced the queue times it also brought a problematic aspect aswell.
    That aspect is the entire Blackrock server.
    As a player who is only interested in doing PvP (Be it Arenas, BGs or Duels) there is next to no reason to choose Icecrown or Lordaeron over Blackrock. Let's take a look at all the benefits you get from choosing Blackrock over Icecrown/Lordaeron for PvP.

1. On Blackrock you do not have to level up.
    2. You get free epics that are quite powerful for a starter character (compared to Greens/Blues on IC/L).
    3. Free professions for bonuses (also easy to switch on demand).
    4. Free enchants. No need to farm any gold.
    5. Free/cheap items of great PvP value eg: Heavy Frostweave Bandages, Soul Shards and Graccu's Mince Meat Fruitcake.
    6. Cheap consumables for honor.
    7. BiS High End HC PvE gear for Arena points/Honor with mediocre rating requirements.
    8. Free Glyphs, Respec etc.
    9. Unobtainable items for Arena Points/Honor that otherwise could only be obtained from the store.
    10. Access to the same battlegrounds and arenas as those from Icecrown and Lordaeron.

There are only a few things that you can't really get on Blackrock:
    1. World PvP, pretty much nonexistent.
    2. Shadowmourne (but from what I have heard you will soon be able to).
    3. PvE content.

With all of this is mind, how will Icecrown and Lordaeron keep their populations afloat for anything else than PvE when new PvP orientated players eventually will figure out Blackrock is far better for their needs?

2. Imagine thinking WoW pvp is more popular than pve

3. I wouldnt count PvE content as a negative. Simply have 2 characters for PvE and PvP

4. With all of this is mind, how will Icecrown and Lordaeron keep their populations afloat for anything else than PvE when new PvP orientated players eventually will figure out Blackrock is far better for their needs?
    With all that in mind, Blackrock have been active for a long time, There's only a small percentage of people who wants an all out Custom server like blackrock.
    Even hardcore PvP players don't want custom npc's where you can "BUY" gear, I know it might be hard to understand but it's the truth.

I played on a custom server much like blackrock for the starting time of my wow experience and I loved it, but it's not at all the same as a "Normal" "Blizzlike" realm.

5. But the problem with your reasoning Disktrasa is that instant realms are often low population, but thanks to this merge the population for BGs is very high regardless of gear level. You can also access BiS PvE gear far easier on Blackrock than you can on Icecrown if your goal is to PvP in full PvE. Hence the project miss out on potential donations.
    Nevertheless time will tell the tale on how all of this plays out.

6. OP makes some valid points, but I'm still glad to see cross-realm bgs as an Icecrown player, or at least I will be once Blackrock players have mercenary mode. For the simple reason that it will (or should) make bgs a lot more active and pop faster.

With Classic coming to retail I think Warmane needs to up its game as far as attracting new players. And letting people know they can get an instant 80 and free relentless gear on Blackrock is a good way to do it.

7. "Why roll Icecrown for PvP instead of Blackrock?"

There is no reason to roll on Icecrown if you only want to pvp.

8. "Why roll Icecrown for PvP instead of Blackrock?"

There is no reason to roll on Icecrown if you only want to pvp.
    Except to gank people, gank the gankers, or both.

9. Because Icecrown is a real server, you don't have just pvp, but also world pvp, ganking, city raids, city defending, tons of people everywhere.
    There are npcs and the world is alive, you get bored of pvp you can do pve, quests, exploring, achievements. You can chill in your favourite city and actually have people and life around you. Just because someone loves pvp doesn't mean he hate everything else. Myself and others pvp players love the lore and the full wow experience.

Icecrown is way better in everything imo, logging into Blackrock just give me crippling depression, and now its even worse than before.

10. I think it's pretty safe to say that Blackrock will be the first choice for many upcoming PvPers.
    Like Ostlimpa pointed out, the gearing advantage on that realm is just overwhelming.

It's debatable that it's not even a issue when upcoming pvpers choose Blackrock over Icecrown.
    Icecrown is overpopulated since years while Blackrock was never at it's full capacity.
    A bit of a population shift between the realms maybe doesn't hurt.
    Icecrown will still have a active pvp scene because players that already geared up on Icecrown have no reason to leave the realm.

I think it's important now that more PvP content is added to Blackrock so ppl don't get bored there.
    Blackrock used to be a arena only realm but the players that join Blackrock at the moment don't have their focus necessarily on arena.
    The realm needs more Wpvp and custom pvp zones like quel danas again.
    It would also be interesting to implement cross-realm custom PvP zones so Icecrown players can also enjoy some new PvP content.
    I think the great thing about cross-realm is that it makes it possible to add custom content and run it on a seperated realm.
    Players who wish to have everything blizzlike won't be bothered by it because on their home realm everything remains the same.
    Edited: March 27, 2019